Music you hate...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Feb 2006, 22:17

Not anymore,since peoples ears start bleeding so soon that it becomes useless.I had to find alternate methods :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Feb 2006, 22:24

I thought that in Hell all wound heal every new day.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Feb 2006, 22:25

So did I,but it seems that its not like that.These wounds are permanent even here :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Feb 2006, 22:27

Lucky sinners!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 09 Feb 2006, 06:45

ScarlettP wrote:Rap, in my oppinion, only has Rhythm and is not an aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound....

Rap, as a rule, has no intrumental accompaniment.

Well, first, do you rule out traditional african tribal music or gregorian chanting as music just because they have, respectively, only rhythm and no instruments? And anyway, who are we to say that the beat box and/or synth is not an instrument? And there are, of course, rap groups which are backed by traditional instruments (eg. the Roots) and there's dozens, probably hundreds, which have strings/string samples.

I understand people not liking rap. I don't understand this dismissal of the most culturally significant new musical movement of the last decade or two as not music. But maybe that's just me.
I can not name a single outstanding guitarist, pianist or drummer from current pop culture music. I can give you a list of great musicians as long as my arm from the 60's, 70's and even the 80's. I, personally would like to HEAR some good intrumental riffs now and then.
You're right, you won't as a general rule find outstanding musicians in the rap genre, but that's because that'd miss the point of the genre. Then again, many of them can sing quite well with the situation calls for it and beat-boxing can be a pretty amazing talent.

But there's plenty of outstanding musicians making popular modern music. Unfortunatly most of them end up in the genre of prog rock (like Adam Jones and Danney Carey from Tool or Omar Rodriguez from ATDI/Mars Volta). prog rock annoys the heck out of me for many the same reasons as jazz and eric clapton do - it's just a bunch of musicians showing off their mad skillz and boring me to death with their inane noodling. I don't care if you can play your drums in 12/8 time or pluck the strings of your guitar amazingly fast... good musicianship bores my ears :).
Perhaps Rap is the reason that Country and Oldies stations are so darned popular.
These stations are the bane of my life :). And they're simply popular because of demographics and b/c of the fragmentation of pop culture (see below).
There IS NO 'Pop' music being produced anymore, partly because there are no radio stations left to distribute it. (At least not in my area.) I think that's a shame.
If by pop music you mean universal groups/bands/sounds which a huge percentage of the population uses as reference points for the musical sound of the current time (eg. beatles) then I'd agree with you. Pop culture has fragmented. I could name my 20 favourite bands and a lot of people wouldn't have heard of half of them, and ditto heaps of other people my age. There is no universal reference point any more. The very most popular (by sales) music is the very most unlistenable music to a good percentage of the population (whether because they don't like modern music or because they like "alternative" music). Pop music is dead but I for one aren't crying if it means I don't have to listen to classic rock and/or the beatles :).

Kilfire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kilfire » 09 Feb 2006, 14:06

Gangsta Rap, Happy Hardcore and Crazy Frog.

I can understand if you dislike Techno & Trance, or find it boring. The stuff in the charts makes no sense unless you're dancing. Orbital, ADULT. and A Guy Called Gerald make electronica worth listening to.

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 09 Feb 2006, 14:43

Those horrible Gregorian versions of great songs like Wish you were here and Losing my Religion. :vomit: As Darth Vader would have put it: NOOOOOOOO!!!
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 09 Feb 2006, 14:48

I can't say I like Rap (for that matter I can't say I really consider it music), I don't like most country. And about 90% of mainstream pop I find very disagreeable. But other than that I like everything. :D
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

IceCold2000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IceCold2000 » 09 Feb 2006, 21:59

[quote="Kilfire"]Crazy Frog.[/url]
quote]

Eeek...I can't stand that horrible frog either. This Frog is just damn disgusting with his eeb-eeb-bi stutter.

And I must add Right Said Fred. "I'm too sexy" is one of the worst songs in town.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 09 Feb 2006, 22:12

gravyluvr, those are all great songs. Allow me to add:

Masters of War, Dylan (again)
Eve of Destruction, PF Sloan
I Feel Like I'm Fixing to Die, Country Joe and the Fish
Draft Dodger Rag, Phil Ochs (again)
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Feb 2006, 22:19

@charleswatkins:

You do realise that this is the Music you HATE thread. Or were you just being sarcastic?

Friend_of_Gunnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Friend_of_Gunnar » 10 Feb 2006, 04:20

ThunderTitan wrote: this is the Music you HATE thread.
hmmm...
Mariah Carey
Madonna
Post Millenium U2

now where have I seen these guys recently.....?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Feb 2006, 04:21

You got a problem with the "atomic bomb" album? I thought it was great.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 10 Feb 2006, 06:05

Was that Madonna or Mariah?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 18 Feb 2006, 13:12

Alright....

Gangsta Rap, Hip-Hop...well, any music I don't like to hear...

Sometimes I think it's not the music I hate, but the people who listens to it. Just hate people saying "rap is da best...", "You're a wuss if you don't listen to hip-hop...", "that guy is so outdated cuz he doesn't listen to rap..."

Btw, does Evanescence considered nu-metal? :baby:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 18 Feb 2006, 13:34

Hmmm let's see..

I hate - Rap, Gangsta Rap, Hip-Hop, basically anything else that involves sensless talk while waving your hand similar to primates.

I don't like Death Metal and any other "strong" type of metal, it just isn't music anymore (but I love Evanescence though).

Trance, that music is tailored for drug addicts.

but what I really can't stand is my own countries music brand - Turbo Folk. GOD I hate it more then anything. It's inexplicable, you have to hear it in order to understand what torment I live in whenever I get out with my friends.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 18 Feb 2006, 15:56

Infiltrator wrote: I hate - Rap, Gangsta Rap, Hip-Hop, basically anything else that involves sensless talk while waving your hand similar to primates.
Interesting. That's exactly what most people do at weddings!

Shout
Mony Mony
Electric Slide
Paradise By Dashboard Light
Twist and Shout
You Shook Me All Night Lon
YMCA
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Feb 2006, 16:24

Shnappi, Black Metal is a pain in the a... I mean ears.
Fits under the category Trash music :devious:

vaudy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vaudy » 18 Feb 2006, 17:23

gravyluvr wrote:
Infiltrator wrote: I hate - Rap, Gangsta Rap, Hip-Hop, basically anything else that involves sensless talk while waving your hand similar to primates.
Interesting. That's exactly what most people do at weddings!

Shout
Mony Mony
Electric Slide
Paradise By Dashboard Light
Twist and Shout
You Shook Me All Night Lon
YMCA
Gravyluvr, you make an excellent point!

My rock-snob roommate would love this thread. He loves music debates, and it's really not about being right or wrong; it's about being able to argue your position.

Anyway, I'm not a rap fan myself, though I like some early rap. I also don't like most metal or boy bands (I'm from the era of the original boy band, New Kids on the Block, and I hated them) or pop princesses like Brtiney Spears or Jessica Simpson. However, I don't "hate" these genres, and I make room for exceptions. There was a time when I would have simply said that something I didn't like was just crap. I realize now that people want different things from their music; if they didn't, there would only be one kind.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 18 Feb 2006, 17:41

gravyluvr wrote: Interesting. That's exactly what most people do at weddings!
Play rap? Do they start talking (not singing) in rhymes while moving and crossing their hands around with all those super-secret finger combinations only rappers know (and yes that is what I mean by "waving like primates")? I certanly haven't seen any wedding like that.

Return to “Campfire”