Making Heroes 6 - The Griffin Fall

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

On which of the following factons should our story be focused?

Human
5%
Undead
11%
Elf
26%
Demon
No votes
Orc
5%
Dwarf
5%
Wizard
No votes
Naga
5%
Elemental
5%
Dragon
26%
Other (state it)
11%

Total votes: 19

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Making Heroes 6 - The Griffin Fall

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 May 2008, 16:33

Oi! :D

For those who want to use their time to start a fan-fiction career at creating Heroes of Might and Magic VI, it's a place. ;)

We'll start by spoiling how it would start and why, adding or taking off some features of the previous games, skills, abilities, storyline, heroes, spells, castles, factions, etc.

I've given "The Griffin Fall" title to place an end on that Griffin-like worshippers for once. It's like surviving for so long...anyway, humans can keep progressing under another ideal at the end. :D

John, which is a fiction name for the son of Kha Beleth, is supposed to try to bring his father down under a certain reason which is not know, if it's good for the worl, bad or indifferent. To accomplish such feat, he'll be in need of a special power which only Nagas possess. But nagas are not likelyhood of demons, humans or else, so we could work a bit to mingle some story here and there, FOR FUN.

So, I'd ask if you want to play fun a bit, WHICH MEANS NOT TO MESS UP WITH EVERYTHING, feel free to join in. After some discussion, we may settle some features after the major part of the active members which are regularly coming to this thread are agreeable with a common idea.

So, starting:

We have John (name him after) in a quest. But what sort of quest?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 29 May 2008, 21:27

This seems like an intriguing idea.

Personally, I chose dragons.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 May 2008, 23:03

LOL that could be fun. A few things though: Kha beladonna's(:D) son is officially named Sareth and the artifact needed was called skull of shadows that he had possession of by the end of DM. No reason not to be creative, just mentioning :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 30 May 2008, 03:06

I voted Elf...couldn't help myself. ;)

Also, this is my 6000th post! :oex:

*celebrates for a bit*

Ok...back to business. :)

The campaign can start with Sareth (like Elvin said, that's his name) having sealed away his father (some son, eh? :devil:). Otherwise, there'd be demons everywhere and it'd be kinda dull. ;)

Afterwards, he's on a quest to...uh, I'll have to get back to you on that. :S

As for the Nagas and their role in this campaign...they could be attempting to free the demons once again...

Wait! I got it...lemme start over from the beginning:

Sareth is on a quest to stop the Nagas from breaking the seal that has trapped the demons in Sheogh.

The Nagas are attempting to free the demons to use them in their plans to destroy the wretched "goody-two-shoes" races. :)
(aka. Humans, Wood Elves, Wizards, Dwarves)

How does that sound to start? :D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 30 May 2008, 06:54

Evil nagas? I'll go get vel to destroy you.
- Metathron

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 May 2008, 15:53

jeff4815 wrote:… Personally, I chose dragons.
Big surprise. :rofl:
winterfate wrote:… Also, this is my 6000th post! :oex:
Congratulations on reaching 6,000 posts. :-D

I voted for Elf too. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 30 May 2008, 16:06

Me crush you good! Orc :tongue:
- Metathron

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 May 2008, 16:22

I vote to other kind of faction. I'd like to suggest foccusing on angels.

So, we have Sareth? And he has already sealed his father? Hum...my idea of having someone to unseal Kha, again, sounds rather too much repetitive. It's like: "here, he goes again...", don't you think? :D I mean, nagas don't need to be introduced so early in the storyline. :)

Say that, now that Kah is sealed, who else could use this event as a way to spread wings all over the world? Not meaning to that it is a must to have a villain, but the speculation itself of who would take place on evil's job could be the villain itself - the fear. :fear:

Of course, there are those factions that have some sort of 'evil' themselves, but that's all about having someone who seems 'good'. If there's no good, there's no evil. But the greater evil or good, what are those? :|

What about exploring a bit more Sareth? :) Knowing that he has already finished his mission, maybe we could bring up a real way to finish off any means of his father to return, by destroying himself and becoming "the eternal seal", bound endlessly around Kha, as a punishment. :drama:

But that would mean there's someone interested in using Kha for some other purposes or just the action of making him return to create chaos, maybe a diversion under other circumstances and interests. ;)

What do you think of it? :D

Suggestion for the first campaign - Neutral faction - Winds of Change
First Scenario:
The Eyeless Magi

Sareth's thoughts:
"Which of those who bear almighty gaze lingers in this world, living and dying...who, amongst all the so-called wise of the studies and cartographs, and teachers, and acolytes, and wizards, and humans, have the sight of the entire world? Who is the one that have seen through it all...?"

Scene cuts to a farland (imagine its surroundings as you please), a very old road, leading into a fissure on a beautiful giant black stone, shapes of transcedental meaning all etched over it, as if it would describe all races in a lifetime with no certain end. There was an eye in the centre of the circle of the shapes and, written in a very old language, it said: "Thee gaze rest upon mine".

'Deriberately', whispered. 'Mine upon yours...finally here'.

He looked around to check whether he was alone of not, since he was not sure he disposed of the unwanted company days ago. "Undead", he thought with dislike. But then he saw someone coming on the road, in a rather solemn manner. Even if not moving fast, the figure was coming in waves, as if pulsing in his own wake. Even so, Sareth realized it was not to move, that they were somewhat expecting each other. Just after they were several feet away from each other is that the newcomer stopped moving. Wearing a pure white robe emblazoned with a golden phoenix on the right sleeve, it was a woman of eternal beauty. Her hair was dark, almost black and it was almost knee-length. She was wearing nothing more than the robes.

Her gaze was piercing, although wonderful and peaceful. Great yellow eyes, with a faint pearly glow in their depths. When she spoke, it was as if she was talking inside him.

At that same time, while they spoke to each other, a legion of goblins were fleeing from an apparently havoc happening around a recently destroyed human town. The reason was that many knights have arrived to defend the place. One of them was a hooded black man, He was the only one not carrying a griphon banner.

Instead of it, he was wielding a shield with a fox emblazoned on it. All his outfit seemed to be light, as if he was a scout.

For now, I suggested a bit of elements. :D Who's the black man? What Sareth and the Lady talking to each other and what place was that? And while we develop the story, we might add some features such as spells, battles, etc., and plus, having the votes, we can start going on with the faction with the most votes. What do you, people, say? :-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 30 May 2008, 18:09

@Elvin: Don't you mean:

Me crush you...crush you to GOO! :D ;)

@Panda: Very cool ideas you have there! :D

Your question about the black man is simply answered... Here goes...:)

Kha-Beleth knew that his son would be the good guy and seal him away. So, not wanting a total defeat in the face of that, he orders Biara (all this while Sareth is still a child, WAY before Dark Messiah) to recruit some of the more unscrupulous humans to his cause. They all donned hoods and were to be known in decades to come as the Defilers.

So, that guy is one of the Defilers, coming to sow chaos and to hunt down Sareth.

How does that one sound? :D

As for spells, it'd be cool if every faction had several unique spells (kinda like the Orc's Warcries or the Dwarf's Rune Magic) in their Magic Guild. Also, they need to bring back the Pegasi! Pegasi FTW! :D

@HodgePodge: Thanks! :D
I would've reached 6K a lot sooner if I hadn't stopped coming to Celestial Heavens. Most of the regulars are gone now! :sad:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 May 2008, 19:31

winterfate wrote: I would've reached 6K a lot sooner if I hadn't stopped coming to Celestial Heavens. Most of the regulars are gone now! :sad:
Well, there's always a way back after you walk through it. :D

Ah, and I'll comment on those ideas of yours after I return from my little expedition. I'll be leaving for Lages, 200 km from here for company business and activities. I'll be thinking and writing stuff there, since it's going to be somewhat cold.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 30 May 2008, 22:41

Panda wrote:Well, there's always a way back after you walk through it. :D
:D
Very true, my friend!
Ah, and I'll comment on those ideas of yours after I return from my little expedition. I'll be leaving for Lages, 200 km from here for company business and activities. I'll be thinking and writing stuff there, since it's going to be somewhat cold.
Have fun! (if possible ;))

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2008, 09:23

Nagas... just so we can find out how they screwed them over from the start...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

SventheCrusader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SventheCrusader » 02 Jun 2008, 16:42

Dragons. :D
Sven Svensson, the Crusader:

One man who really needs to stay committed to this "sticking around" thing.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 02 Jun 2008, 16:50

SventheCrusader wrote:Dragons. :D

My dragons are lonely.
Your dragons died. :S
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Jun 2008, 20:11

winterfate wrote: Your question about the black man is simply answered... Here goes...:)

Kha-Beleth knew that his son would be the good guy and seal him away. So, not wanting a total defeat in the face of that, he orders Biara (all this while Sareth is still a child, WAY before Dark Messiah) to recruit some of the more unscrupulous humans to his cause. They all donned hoods and were to be known in decades to come as the Defilers.

So, that guy is one of the Defilers, coming to sow chaos and to hunt down Sareth.

How does that one sound? :D
Assuming that Biara is dead...? Defilers are a nice idea. :) Now that it comes to it, what do they gain since Biara was defeated? They might now have their own goal appart their relation with demons, what do you say? Oh, and what meaning do you give the fox? :) Saying that they are sowing chaos, and that they appeared there to protect a human town, we must create a plot to make them mingle with bad seeds, since they are helping humans for a certain and unknown reason. ;)
As for spells, it'd be cool if every faction had several unique spells (kinda like the Orc's Warcries or the Dwarf's Rune Magic) in their Magic Guild. Also, they need to bring back the Pegasi! Pegasi FTW! :D
For this subject, it would be really important making every unique sort of magic be really characteristic of that faction, since they should be trying to restore their position worldwide, their tradition, their power, etc., you get the picture. :)

Since we don't know yet which faction the Defiler is attached to, either we do about Sareth and the Lady, we might just give them unique skills which we can link to their factions.

Hum, dragons are ahead, eh? :sceptic: That'll be a bit more difficult introducing them. :D But that's nice when it's more difficult. :proud:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Jun 2008, 22:14

Well, dragons aren't really used in games that much (in a main story wise) so that will be something different.
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 03 Jun 2008, 02:05

Panda wrote:Now that it comes to it, what do they gain since Biara was defeated?
The chance to get on Kha-Beleth's good side and become his favored servants, should they complete their mission. :)
They might now have their own goal apart their relation with demons, what do you say?
Indeed. They also want to take over the other (non demon-worshipping) humans. Their motives? Not sure yet myself. :)
Oh, and what meaning do you give the fox? ;)
It's yet another Duchy, like the Bull Duchy and the one Godric is part of (can't remember the name right now.) ;)

This because the humans of Ashan are predictable...:devious:

Let's see what everyone else has to say though. :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Jun 2008, 11:41

darknessfood wrote:Well, dragons aren't really used in games that much (in a main story wise) so that will be something different.
I was going to place some other choices, like "werewolves" - or alikes - merpeople, raven-like warriors, etc., but it seemed more like neutral and units than a faction themselves...

Dragons can be a bet. :baby:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Jun 2008, 20:27

While we await people for any comment about the Defiler or what else, let's jump back to the Lady and Sareth.

"It seems they've stopped talking for a while. Sareth is staring at the stone with the corner of his eyes, in silent meditation. The Lady is merely gazing at the horizon behind him, also deep in thoughts.

After a moment or two, they resume their conversation, and they walk towards the stone, but they do not touch or enter the fissure by now:

'I don't know what to say', said Sareth to the Lady, 'It's like you've been expecting all those wars to happen, and yet you had not moved, until now'.

'We haven't moved because it was supposed to be like this. Things, however, are changing.', replied the woman in a very beautiful and sing-song voice, 'We are not meant to deal with mundane matters such as your wars, even when some of our Fathallar are willingly to get into your business. We are told not to react, but some did', she walked away, stopping beside an ancient tree and turning to look at him, 'It is our business to intervene if your matters clashes with ours or world's, thus everything', she stepped closer to Sareth again.

'Saying so, it is true that some Fathallar might end up trying to', he chose the words as if aware not to use any offensive expression, 'cause any disturbances for their own...I don't reckon I do understand this.'

'It is likely that you'll never meet any of us at all', she answered whispering, 'But that can happen. And appart a few, meeting Fathallars are likely meeting your true end', her eyes flared magnificently, 'However, there are those who fear nothing, and for those, there is no end. They don't meet their fate because they have none. They are guided by the true means of the Almighty Fathallar, who rules everything and nothing', she stated the last words with such force that Sareth felt a rush of heat.

'And He cannot held up one of his own kin?', asked Sareth in spite of himself.

She looked back at him with that flaring eyes again, 'Own kin, you said. He is one of a kind, as all of us. Names, races, blood... there's nothing that equals one, only oneself', she stretched her arm and touched the stone with her hand, 'Each Fathallar has own power and will, although most of us have the same sense of purpose, to keep the world alive which means, in many ways, that it must be kept peaceful. Some, however, don't agree, but there's a very faint line that's between what's good for the world and what's good for the future', she wrote a new word on the stone with her bare finger, as if lashing it with white hot fire, but with no efforts. She might have been writing on sand, 'Only I can see that line, as clear as I can see you. What I cannot see is your future...for I must fulfil my duty as the Magi, I cannot see the most important task you might have - I'm eyeless', she stares at Sareth, 'Do you see them? Do you see them coming?'

Sareth doesn't answer, but he blood is prickling inside him, and he knows that battle is in his wake."

The intro should be like that. :D Then, the player would have control over Sareth and the Lady would be a stationary NPC.

What will happen? Who are the Fathallars? What's her part in the plot? Who is going to battle Sareth now? :drama:

That's all I suggest by now. :)

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 04 Jun 2008, 02:01

@Panda:

Well, to me, the most obvious answer to what the Fathallar are is:

They serve Asha and seek to maintain the balance of the world. Even the mention of a possible demonic comeback would be enough to have them come out of their hiding places. Of course, some of them could be corrupt and believe that the balance of the world lies in destruction, so those could serve Urgash.

In other words, it could be the battle between Order and Chaos (instead of the usual Good vs Evil, because Good isn't always Order and Chaos isn't always Evil). :)

As for what will happen...I'm sure there will be an initial battle that sets off the Defilers to act. Afterwards, we will see the role of the Nagas in this conflict, whether they help or hinder Sareth.. :)

Also, whether Defilers have their own faction or not, it'd be neat for them to have this special (kinda like the bridge between their Knight roots and their Demonic intentions):

Racial Ability: Demonology

Yes, Demonology. With the difference that their units gain the Counterstrike retaliation bonus that Knights normally get. Also, their Inferno units can't Gate. The Hero himself can summon some Demonic units of his own via activated abilities. Similar to Gating, but not identical.

That's it from me, for now. ;)

Return to “Campfire”