Superbowl Commercials

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 06 Feb 2006, 18:56

Last year's GoDaddy commercials were awesome, in a naked-woman sort of way. :D
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Feb 2006, 19:03

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: Haha!Yeah,right.I hate beer,and had just one glass of it in my life.But the commercials for bear are amazing(at least the ones I watched)
U drank an entire glass. :vomit:
You really are a spelling nazi.And yes,that was how I felt long after that.The taste,the gorrid taste! :vomit:
ThunderTitan wrote: I think it's just that the rest suck so much they only seem great by comparison.
Hmm...Thats true for most,but still there are some very good ones.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 06 Feb 2006, 19:24

It's common fact that if you are younger you will enjoy sweets more than sours. It's why you don't like mustard either. As you grow your taste buds change, and the taste of beer, mustard, onions, and naked women become more appealing. :D
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Superbowl Commercials

Unread postby gravyluvr » 06 Feb 2006, 19:26

Ethric wrote:Does anyone outside the US watch this queer, *ahem*, "sport"? 8|
Do you mean soccer?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Feb 2006, 19:31

gravyluvr wrote:It's common fact that if you are younger you will enjoy sweets more than sours. It's why you don't like mustard either. As you grow your taste buds change, and the taste of beer, mustard, onions, and naked women become more appealing. :D
But I like mustard,onions and especially naked women :D

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Unread postby igoraki » 06 Feb 2006, 19:33

DaemianLucifer wrote:Why is it that the best commercials in every country are about beer?
talking about great beer ads ?
http://www.bigad.com.au/movie.html
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 06 Feb 2006, 19:36

I liked that one... That's the one with everyone walking around chanting in the field right?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Feb 2006, 19:40

Thankfully, I missed them all and the game too. Football is not my forté.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Feb 2006, 20:14

DaemianLucifer wrote:
gravyluvr wrote:It's common fact that if you are younger you will enjoy sweets more than sours. It's why you don't like mustard either. As you grow your taste buds change, and the taste of beer, mustard, onions, and naked women become more appealing. :D
But I like mustard, onions and especially naked women :D
Doesn't everybody? And since when are mustard and onions sour?

gravyluvr wrote:
Do you mean soccer?
I pretty sure in "soccer" you don't have to bear-hug a big sweaty man in order to play.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Feb 2006, 20:23

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
But I like mustard, onions and especially naked women :D
Doesn't everybody? And since when are mustard and onions sour?
I think not.Gay men and straight women dont like naked women :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Feb 2006, 20:27

DaemianLucifer wrote: I think not. Gay men and straight women don't like naked women :D
Well there goes my fantasy. :cry:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 06 Feb 2006, 20:50

gravyluvr wrote:
Do you mean soccer?
Well, no, I was referring to that thing you guys watch in that very awesome and great bowl of yours, the SUPER-bowl. Soccer is a word you invented to hide the embarassement after you realised you had gotten the rules of the noble sport of football very, very wrong :oex:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Feb 2006, 21:09

Ethric has seen the light! :tsup: :hail:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Feb 2006, 21:25

Ethric wrote: Well, no, I was referring to that thing you guys watch in that very awesome and great bowl of yours, the SUPER-bowl. Soccer is a word you invented to hide the embarassement after you realised you had gotten the rules of the noble sport of football very, very wrong :oex:
Actualy they confused it with Rugby! And they couldn't call it that either coz they got those rules wrong also. I think Columbus started that trend by naming the natives Indians.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 06 Feb 2006, 21:44

Kalah wrote:Ethric has seen the light! :tsup: :hail:
Hehehee... am just filling in for you. Please, take the front seat :)
ThunderTitan wrote:
Actualy they confused it with Rugby! And they couldn't call it that either coz they got those rules wrong also. I think Columbus started that trend by naming the natives Indians.
Not the best of starts, for sure :D

Anyway, back on topic... mm, not going to purposefully watch commercials, I'll just take Scar's word that some of them were quite amusing\well made ;)
- Duke

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 07 Feb 2006, 00:11

I watched the Superbowl for the first time ever, I think. I'd rather play football than watch it, though I never have *really* played it...stupid no-contact gym class...

Anyways, I thought some commercials were good...the fly one, and the "crime deterrent" cell phone one were real funny, and the Budweiser one with the little clydesdale was really cute.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 07 Feb 2006, 03:43

Mutare Drake wrote:I watched the Superbowl for the first time ever, I think.
8| You think?

Actually I thought the game was pretty weak. Not to mention that the Seahawks got screwed on a few calls. Poor Seahawks.

Oh well, serves them right for knocking my team out of the playoffs. :mad:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 07 Feb 2006, 06:47

Ethric wrote:
gravyluvr wrote:
Do you mean soccer?
Well, no, I was referring to that thing you guys watch in that very awesome and great bowl of yours, the SUPER-bowl. Soccer is a word you invented to hide the embarassement after you realised you had gotten the rules of the noble sport of football very, very wrong :oex:
Did you just say noble? :loll:

I'm sure it's a lovely sport. Just not my kind.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 07 Feb 2006, 08:04

The only commercial I liked was the FedEx one with the dinosaurs. And the game pretty much sucked too. The Steelers generally played poorly and only won because all the horrible calls went their way. Normally the bad calls tend to even out, but not this time. On the other hand, they had a couple of brilliant plays -- the long run and the reverse pass. The Seahawks could still have won if their receivers had not dropped so many ball. All in all, a disappointing day. The highlight for once, was the halftime. Those geezers can still rock.

(And pardon me for saying so, but foreign football (soccer) is a crushing bore. Most of the time there's nothing really happening and there's hardly any scoring. The only part I find entertaining is the headers. And that kick-around thing in case of a tie is just plain dumb. Imagine if they settled ties in basketball with a freethrow shooting contest. If you want to make the game interesting, you ought to release some rabid wolverines onto the field.)
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 07 Feb 2006, 09:34

All sports are an aquired taste, they're all dreadfully boring really :)

I mean, some people get excited by watching tennis, and snooker. I'd just fall asleep watching that, or start think about food or women :D But I'm sure, for those who are interested and know the finer points of it, it's as exciting as a dancing toaster :oex:
charleswatkins wrote: And that kick-around thing in case of a tie is just plain dumb. Imagine if they settled ties in basketball with a freethrow shooting contest.
They've been playing for hours at that point, they're quite tired and seeing as it's still a draw playing on with deadtired players would be an even sorrier affair than the game that lead to the draw :-D
- Duke

Return to “Campfire”