Music you like...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

The music you like is...

Urban (rap, rnb, hip-hop)
3%
Pop (including emo)
5%
Classical
11%
Jazz
No votes
Jazz
No votes
Rock/Alternative
26%
Metal/Punk (including nu-metal)
15%
Folk/Country
2%
Dance music (techno, rave, trance and such)
8%
Video game music
14%
Other
16%

Total votes: 111

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 13 Oct 2006, 13:28

Is that Hugo Weaving??? 8|
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 13 Oct 2006, 14:45

I like techno, hip-hop and house!
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Cyrox » 13 Oct 2006, 16:33

I like some of the genres here but my favourite genre of all would be trance and followed by dance. So I voted dance. Though I dont really like Techno. I also love the mainstream genre Pop alot, and all sorts of Rock, and some R&B, and Rap only from Emninem or Black Eyed Peas. The rest sounds like noise to my ears.

Erm like house and electronic too...I absolutely cannot tolerate jazz and country...and all sorts of slow and songs with no beat..

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Oct 2006, 17:10

Shuyssar wrote:I like techno, hip-hop and house!
Shuyssar wrote:Foul language is stupid...
Fire, definatly fire.

So, anyone around here that likes K's Choice, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, The Cranberries, Simon & Garfunkel, Weird Al, Tom Petty, Nirvana, Guano Apes, Ayreon, Xandria, Queen etc.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 13 Oct 2006, 19:28

There is not much bad language in hiphop. Only a little I can tolerate. Hiphop has also a message few people can understand.
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Oct 2006, 19:35

Shuyssar wrote:There is not much bad language in hiphop.
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Really... what do you listen too?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 13 Oct 2006, 20:13

Stop the ignorance! I am listening very good music for smarter people!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Oct 2006, 20:29

Not everybody is ignorant and not all hiphop is full of bad language. I may not overly care for it, but I will cede that some of it paints an interesting picture.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 13 Oct 2006, 20:29

i like some metal and some classical (but only some genres of both, im not omnivore). eg Rammstein and Beethoven. a strange combo, i know.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Oct 2006, 21:21

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Not everybody is ignorant and not all hiphop is full of bad language. I may not overly care for it, but I will cede that some of it paints an interesting picture.
True,but hiphop without bad language and with a smart message is rare.I remember a song by one of my neighbouring countries that was just "Where are you bro?Whats up?Nothing,you?Just chilling." for full 4 minutes.No bad language at all,but hardly meaningfull.Oh,and:
Shuyssar wrote:I like techno, hip-hop and house!
I shouldve figured that out way back :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Oct 2006, 21:50

Shuyssar wrote:Stop the ignorance! I am listening very good music for smarter people!
But somehow you can't seem to name it. Is it really that hard to make a short list of a few of the songs you listen too?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Oct 2006, 04:31

I hear ya Shuy-guy, about the hip hop with a mesg I mean, but let's not pretend that the "message" in the song is only for the special few eh?
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 14 Oct 2006, 06:52

I am Shuyssar and not Shuy-guy.
My favourite hip hop artists are:

R. Kelly
Mary J. Blige
50 Cent
Eminem
Lil' Kim

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Oct 2006, 07:01

Hey to each there own, but putting r.kelly in the same group as Eminem is like putting Britney in the same group as Red Hot Chilly Peppers..not even close. Eminem may have some ..issues, but I really like the message he gives lately (Toy Soldiers esp.), and he is funny also (*** like that is just funnier then all get out). Madonna may be contriversial, but she was an original :)..not like well Britney.) And skill wise I hate to say..Britney lacks...a lot..oh no I said her name 3 times..now she is loose again...arrrgh. Anyhow, not a bad list all in all (except maybe R. Kelly for me). When talent again becomes as valuable as looks, then music will again be music :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Oct 2006, 11:07

Shuyssar wrote: R. Kelly
Mary J. Blige
50 Cent
Eminem
Lil' Kim
The first 2 might not use foul language very much, but 50c, M&M and Lil' Kim... maybe if you only listen to the censored versions.

Mytical wrote:When talent again becomes as valuable as looks, then music will again be music
Screw MTV, there's plenty of good music out there, you just need to look for it.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Oct 2006, 14:04

Shuyssar wrote: R. Kelly
Mary J. Blige
50 Cent
Eminem
Lil' Kim
Yes,all without foul language and all with a message.If you dont count fuck and shit as foul language and if you count slaughtering your familly a meaningfull message,then you are correct :devious:

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 14 Oct 2006, 17:33

I won't slaughter my family! :disagree:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Oct 2006, 17:36

Shuyssar wrote:I won't slaughter my family! :disagree:
Tipper Gore says differently. :devil:

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 14 Oct 2006, 17:39

@Shuyssar

Don't take the comments too seriously around here. It'll cause unnecessary grief.

@TT

MTV is what is wrong with music. It's not even really about music so much as a bunch of idiots dancing around or stupid shows like Jack Ass and Real World. And really, all you need to have a popular song in the States is to have a music video with a bunch of scantily glad women shaking it. It doesn't matter if it's a good song at all, cause that's all you need.

Example- "The Thong Song" by Sisko.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 14 Oct 2006, 17:42

I thought this is a serious forum about serious topics! :disagree:

Return to “Campfire”