Quotes and Signatures

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 30 Nov 2008, 22:57

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"
:D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 30 Nov 2008, 23:13

LOL Ash :lolu:
What is prison if not being in a state out of your own control but fully aware?
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Dec 2008, 20:05

Some funny quotes from TV series or movies:
- Are you a dream?
- A dream to some... A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS!
Necromancer welcome a new recruit on cementry:
- Welcome back to the land of the livin'... NOW PICK UP A SHOVEL AND GET DIGGING!
- Use the Force... Trust your feelings...
- Shut up, I'm trying firing over here!
I know this will be difficult for you but THINK!

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 01 Dec 2008, 20:11

Avonu wrote:
Is that from "The Tick"?

That episode was hilarious :rofl:
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Dec 2008, 22:59

I changed mine once again. It was time for a fresh one...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 01 Dec 2008, 23:58

[q="Oscar Wilde"]“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”[/q]

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Dec 2008, 09:08

Asheera wrote:
Avonu wrote:
Is that from "The Tick"?

That episode was hilarious :rofl:
Actually full quote was I know this will be difficult for you, Bombshell, but THINK!

I didn't watch The Tick for a long time, so I don't remember in which episode this quote could have been.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 04 Dec 2008, 16:51

It was that episode where Tick was kicked out by that huge Clown and then he had to remember this.

The funniest part for me in that one is when he had a chance to ask his 'mind' a question (and could ask why is he here), and he asked: "How are you doing?" (translated from Romanian, don't know if this was the quote in English) :loll:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Dec 2008, 19:54

Want to Make $$$$ with your Computer? No Risk! Simply press shift-4 four times in a row
There are three sides of an arguement -- your side, my side and the right side.
[q="George W. Bush"]One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.[/q]

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 14 Dec 2008, 22:13

Asheera wrote:There are three sides of an arguement -- your side, my side and the right side.
Pfft;

Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Sheridan quoting and elaborating:

A Vorlon said: understanding is a three edged sword; your side, their side, and the truth.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 14 Dec 2008, 23:08

Asheera wrote:
Want to Make $$$$ with your Computer? No Risk! Simply press shift-4 four times in a row
ROFLMAO. :lolu:
Max Planck wrote:We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.
Albert Einstein wrote:Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-- a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.
It's better to shut up and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 14 Dec 2008, 23:19

After seeing another pointless discussion on a not so appropriate place, I thought to change my line again...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Dec 2008, 23:28

LOL nice one. :rofl: :tsup:

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 15 Dec 2008, 17:21

Ok more quotes :P
Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same thing as division.
Chemistry professors never die, they just fail to react.
Did you hear that there's a group of South American Indians that worship the number zero?

Is nothing sacred anymore?
Did you hear that two rabbits escaped from the zoo and so far they have only recaptured 116 of them?
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles, called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.
Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.
For God's sake, stop researching for a while and begin to think!
Genetics explains why you look like your father, and if you don't, why you should.
Heisenberg may have been here.
"I don't think so", said Descartes. Just then, he vanished.
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove it.
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
Einstein wrote:If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Dec 2008, 17:30

Stanisław Lem - sci-fi writer wrote:I didn't know that there are so many idiots, until I began using Internet.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 15 Dec 2008, 17:31

LOL nice ones :lolu:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Dec 2008, 19:33

Avonu wrote:
Stanisław Lem - sci-fi writer wrote:I didn't know that there are so many idiots, until I began using Internet.
That's what happens when you don't leave the house much Stan...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 16 Dec 2008, 00:57

Many good ones and couple odd ones:

While true read this line.

Do not think you know. Know that you think.

To exist, is to exist with someone

Use sense first, then listen to authority.

It is always the adventurers who do great things, not the sovereigns of great empires.

Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy. - Aristotle

All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman; and however we deceive ourselves, as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince. - Plato

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. - Plato

People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt and die. - Plato

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

It is not the young people that degenerate; they are not spoiled till those of mature age are already sunk into corruption. - Montesquieu

The less men think, the more they talk.- Montesquieu

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

People here argue about religion interminably, but it appears that they are competing at the same time to see who can be the least devout. - Montesquieu

Religious wars are not caused by the fact that there is more than one religion, but by the spirit of intolerance...the spread of which can only be regarded as the total eclipse of human reason. - Montesquieu

To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.

Luxury ruins republics; poverty, monarchies. - Montesquieu

If we only wanted to be happy, it would be easy; but we want to be happier than other people, and that is almost always difficult, since we think them happier than they are. - Montesquieu

I have always observed that to succeed in the world one should seem a fool, but be wise. - Montesquieu

An empire founded by war has to maintain itself by war. - Montesquieu

With open eyes I've dared it. And do not feel regret. Though I should fail to conquer. True faith is with me yet.

We don't marry the woman we love, we love the woman we marry. -Radhakrishnan

Thruth is worth seeking. Wisdom is worth gaining. Life is a gift. And love thrones all.

Two witches watch two watches, but which witch watches which watch?

You must obey the law, always, not only when they grab you by your special place. - Vladimir Putin

Science can purify religion from error and superstition. Religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. - Pope John Paul II

The future starts today, not tomorrow. - Pope John Paul II

Wars generally do not resolve the problems for which they are fought and therefore... prove ultimately futile. - Pope John Paul II

Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. - Pope Paul VI

Pain makes man think. Thought makes man wise. Wisdom makes life endurable. - John Patrick

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. - George S. Patton

http://www.brainyquote.com

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Dec 2008, 06:56

ThunderTitan wrote:
Avonu wrote:
That's what happens when you don't leave the house much Stan...
Oh, you only need watch politicians in TV - no need to leave house.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 16 Dec 2008, 07:32

A few from the vault:
The day that you die will be like any other day, only shorter.
-Beckett
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'till you do!"
-Curly
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
-Oscar Gamble, New York
Yankees
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Return to “Campfire”