Your specialty in Heroes...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Your specialty in Heroes...

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 Feb 2006, 20:35

This doesn't refer to what specialty your heroes have in the games, but rather to what you are good at in the games. This only applies to the Heroes games, as I never played any of the MM games. Don't be modest, but don't brag either; just evaluate yourself and tell the truth. :-D

(choose all that apply from the following)
In (specify Heroes game) I'm a(n) ...
1) tactician -- give me a battle on any difficulty, either SP or MP, and I'll make sure I win or at least make lots of casualties
2) strategist -- give me any town and I'll always carefully, efficently and succesfully plan my moves
3) (name town) expert -- give me (town name) and I'll play it really well
4) mapmaker -- my maps are well known and appreciated in the community, or at least among the people at CH
5) theorist -- I can always sustain my arguments related to gameplay coherently and validly
6) loremaster -- I'm fascinated by the story of the Heroes universe and I know lots about it
7) enthusiast -- I'm not particulary good at Heroes, I don't even play it regularly, but I enjoy it very much
8*) active community member -- I post/moderate/administer at least one important Heroes forum/site frequently
9) logistician (first cited by Kilfire) -- what I do consistently is organise my secondary hereoes for economical resource gathering and troop supply.

* number eight doesn't exactly relate to gameplay, but I wanted it included

I might add some more in the future. If you have any suggestions for new characteristics please PM me. Also, please keep this thread as spam-free as possible; if you want to comment on someone's self-description, please be brief, or use the Praise or Random threads.
Last edited by theLuckyDragon on 02 Mar 2006, 21:57, edited 3 times in total.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Feb 2006, 21:45

2 & 8.

I am perhaps not much of a tactician, but I'm good at the bigger picture, and by the time I'm ready for battle, I won't need to be.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 Feb 2006, 21:48

Let's see here...
Tactician. My greatest strength in heroes games.
Theorist. I probably have spent as much time arguing/reading arguments about the game as playing it. Esoecially true for H3.
Loremaster. Perhaps not as much as others, but I think I know enough.
Active community member. Look above my avatar if you doubt me....
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 01 Feb 2006, 21:49

And 8 if you count the Campfire as important.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 Feb 2006, 21:54

Me, I'm just 7 and 8, like Vlad, plus 6 (loremaster).

And yes, the Campfire counts (guess who's gonna be happy about that :) ).
Last edited by theLuckyDragon on 01 Feb 2006, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 01 Feb 2006, 21:55

I do my best for 1.
and 6

Edit: after re-thinking it, I'd have to say 7, in a way, as well. And since campfire is included, 8 too.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 Feb 2006, 22:00

Rules update: please don't just use numbers to refer to the characteristics, as it involves scrolling and flipping pages (or at least it will). The rule doesn't apply for those who have already posted.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 01 Feb 2006, 22:06

Mapmaking. Although most of you H4-suckers wouldn't know that. ;)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Feb 2006, 22:10

Vlad976 wrote:7 And 8 if you count the Campfire as important.
Indeed it is, as it virtuallly runs whole forum :D

OK, my lucky numbers were.... 6 1 3(all towns) 2 & 8. Almost exclusively applicable for Heroes of Might & Magic III. , but now I have different activies some of them still related though but it's not playing. Well, life is change. :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 01 Feb 2006, 22:16

1, 2 I see tactics and strategy as being intertwined and I think both are a strength of mine.

3 Order-my favorite town, with Nature being a close second.

4 I don't know that I am a particularly well known mapmaker but I do enjoy making maps. 6XL HOMM2 maps, none for HOMM3, 4XL for HOMM4.

9 Lurker: While occasionally I post heavily I am mostly in lurker mode though I do read quite a few threads.

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 01 Feb 2006, 23:00

Me...I think I'm mostly...
(6) Loremaster. I'm nowhere near as good as some, like Kareeah, but I certainly try, and have spent long hours trying to piece together the time intervals between different games (especially Chronicles).

(7) Enthusiast. Not that great at gameplay, it was forever before I could manage a game on hard. But I loves it still.

(8) Active Community Member. Though I haven't been as good at getting here as I was on the old forum, dratted
school...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Feb 2006, 01:03

theLuckyDragon wrote:(guess who's gonna be happy about that :) ).
Yes,I really wonder who ;)

Anyway I consider myself mostly as a tactician(option 1),since I tend to focus on building my economy first,and that leads to my armies being mostly small but chosen in the begining.Also I am quite an enthusiast(option 7),since I havent played MP,just SP(including hot seat)so I cannot objectivly rate my strenght.And Id like to be loremaster(option 6),but it is an expansive history,and Id have go through MM games in order to do that.

And,of course,I am an active commity spammer(option 8.5)

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 02 Feb 2006, 01:24

2 and 4
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 02 Feb 2006, 01:28

7.) enthusiast -- I'm not particulary good at Heroes, I do play it regularly and I enjoy it very much

8*) active community member -- I post in at least one important Heroes forum/site frequently.

I love Heroes of Might & Magic. It's my favorite vice. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 02 Feb 2006, 01:41

Tactician and Loremaster

I knwo every bit aout the story of HOMM all the way back to MM1 and Kings's Bounty and can even tell you things about Swords of Xeen.

tactician, yes I will win mostly any battle if I'm defending. Don't ask me to attack and win but if I am attacked I never lose (well maybe a few times :) ).
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 02 Feb 2006, 02:37

Something I forgot to mention, I did dabble a little bit in Mapmaking a while ago.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 02 Feb 2006, 03:18

I am 1, 2, 3, 5 and 8. I can generally play any race and win any map (so long as that map is winnable, of course). I can sustain an argument as anyone can, though I'm not so sure about being an "active community member". Not that active, I suppose - look at my post count :D

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 02 Feb 2006, 03:42

I am a tactician, strategist, and moderator. My claim to fame I suppose is successfully defending a castle in Heroes 2 with five Peasants.

Tao Jones
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tao Jones » 02 Feb 2006, 03:44

I have a Ph.D. in Order magic. I did the Heroespedia section, so you might even say I wrote the book on it, with lots of help from the community, of course.

I'm probably only fair in the other categories, but I can't really tell as I don't often play PvP. I'm extremely good at most other strategy/tactics games, though, so maybe I'm better than I think.

Frankly, I just want to have fun when I play, and share what I know with other folks out to have a good time as well. If I've accomplished this, then I'm satisfied.
»« Conquering Earth for our robot masters »«

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Feb 2006, 08:36

3 Rampart/Dungeon/Asylum/Preserve expert -- give me Rampart/Dungeon/Asylum/Preserve and I'll play it (them) really well . Im pretty good at these towns I like their defensive (preserve,rampart), capabilities and use cunning tactics as much as possible in every situation. I often use offensive (asylum) or summoning (preserve) magic to back up weaknesses. Sometimes I lend to offensive strategies (Dungeon) but that isnt often and only use them if no other choices can be made on a particular map. :tsup:

5 Theorist, in a game I always focus on the task at hand and can sometimes clerly see the enemys patter or at least give a theory what they next will do, or what we should do to prevent them form taking our victory away. ;)

8 I post alot (I have a great deal of free time) I always try to post on topic, but sometimes it can get out of hand. Anyway I love to write about creatures, spells, towns etc and set up lists and get a clear wiew and understand, explore the possibilites around town proposals/new creatures/spells that they can include in future expansions.
Last edited by Orfinn on 02 Feb 2006, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Campfire”