The Football (Soccer) Topic

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
a55a55in
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby a55a55in » 13 Jan 2011, 15:42

Kalah wrote:Yes, that is very nice. :)

I tend to prefer dribbling goals as well, rather than those long-range shots, which (although incredibly nice-looking) tend to be more about luck than technique.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfy2li_ful21vj0g3e_fun

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jan 2011, 17:32

Goal of the Year in Norway, 2009 :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Mar 2011, 21:40

Spurs beat Milan 1-0 on aggregate. :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Apr 2011, 18:48

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Jul 2011, 16:48

This must be the clearest hand ball ever. And no penalty. ;|

This is supposed to be the ladies World Championships. I do believe that referee will be sent home and not given any more international matches for a couple of years at least. You don't make mistakes of this kind on the highest level.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Jul 2011, 15:12

Argentina and Brasil played lamely this weekend at their first America Coup matches. Why does this always happen? When you expect something...anything at all, nothing happens. Then, they play wonderfully against a strong team for a match that doesn't really count. :drama:

Too much for me to spend 2 hours in front of the TV for such shame.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Aug 2011, 17:03

Man. City - Man. United 2-3
The Red Devils beat arch rival City today, in the 2011 Community Shield, after a stunning comeback. Behind 0-2, United managed to score three before the end.

I'm not really taking sides in this since I'm not a fan of either team, but the match was certainly great for the neutral. Also, City is a "buy-your-way-to-success" team in my book, so I don't like that.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Aug 2011, 15:44

:drama: Oh, well, how will ever a coach fix Brazilian team? Too much money, too many stars, but they lack the grip to beat a team like Germany (which played well, of course :) ).
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Aug 2011, 20:21

I think you're right about the "too many stars" thing; at least too many of the players all consider themselves to be the star individual. That's not too bad when things go well, but once it starts going badly for the team, it is difficult for a captain to rally his troops.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Aug 2011, 21:13

This team is supposed to be the basis for the Olympic Games, but it's getting worse every game they play. I think the boys in that team are still to much young in mind to keep it up. They are good, but they are too naive and stubborn in their gameplay.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Aug 2011, 21:18

They won't win anything with team spirit like that. Ever since 2002, Brazil have been going downhill, getting overtaken by teams with players more willing to fight for each other.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Aug 2011, 12:12

So true.

Yesterday, while we were playing our weekly match, we were pretty much more willing to play than the national team. :proudirule:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Aug 2011, 22:34

Finally the window is closed and all that silly speculation will end ... :sweat:

We sold Palacios and I'm not entirely happy about that ... but at least we managed to hang on to Modric, rejecting a serious £40M bid from arch-rivals Chelsea. Also, we got hold of a long-time favourite of mine to replace Palacios, namely good-ol' boy and fellow Spurs fan Scott Parker. :)

Also we got rid of Bentley, who's been a flop.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Oct 2011, 20:51

Scandinavian teams - Denmark, Sweden and Norway all won their matches tonight. Sweden and Denmark have qualified for the European Championships. Norway are not because we suck.
Last edited by Anonymous on 12 Oct 2011, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Oct 2011, 01:17

:D

Brazil and Mexico will be playing soon...:drama: Here comes another shameful game, that's for sure.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Oct 2011, 05:15

Kalah wrote:Scandinavian teams - Denmark, Sweden and Denmark all won their matches tonight. Sweden and Denmark have qualified for the European Championships. Norway are not because we suck.
Which is this other Denmark you speak of?

And yes, we beat the dutch! :oex:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Oct 2011, 11:52

Fastest ever international red card. 39 seconds, including the time it took the ref to show the card.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Oct 2011, 20:03

Well the Iranian ought to submit that video for an Oscar.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Oct 2011, 04:37

The Bahrainian guy came jumping at him soles first. That's a red, no matter how much the Iranian faked later.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Oct 2011, 11:21

Yes; even if he had missed him entirely, there would have been a card involved for dangerous play. Hitting the opponent just seals the deal.

Return to “Campfire”