The Football (Soccer) Topic

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2009, 18:51

Lennon is the hero again, scoring the winning goal in overtime, making it four wins in a row for Spurs. :)

LENNOOOOOOOOOON!!! :applause:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Oct 2009, 18:36

Dude, that's some save...

guess this thread isn't that active anymore...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 13 Nov 2009, 14:31

any thoughts about 2010 world cup qualifications? 8|

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 20 Nov 2009, 19:06

It's disgusting that there are still no video replays in soccer. One referee moron can miss the fact that Henry played handball before scoring the decisive goal and France goes to World Cup while Ireland - unfairly eliminated. And FIFA says there will be no replay even though everyone, including French players, agrees it would be the best solution to fix this mess - screw this. Had it been Ireland who scored the goal, three guesses what would have been the decision, with Platini as UEFA president...

And then the growing scandal about influencing football matches around Europe - this is no sport anymore.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Nov 2009, 19:48

I've always been against video - it breaks up the game, and if introduced it's going make the average 90 minute game last two hours... However, I'm beginning to waver in these big international matches. There's so much money and prestige involved there that something might have do be done about the referees' inability to see everything. They can't, you know. They're human.

Shame, really... Henry had the chance to go from being a top goalscorer to being a legend. All it took was five little words: "Ref, I handled the ball." I guess he's just a cheater after all.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 20 Nov 2009, 20:33

Well said, Kalah - he notified the referee about it only when the match was already ended, when it was already too late. Had he done it right after scoring the goal, that would have been something and great sportsmanship and probably would have changed the referees decision. I mean, if even the other team players say that there was a handball, they have to be right. Right now all Henry's sorry words don't mean anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6_40ZnFjOo - does it look like he's feeling sorry after the goal?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Nov 2009, 21:13

Nope. He looks happy enough.

But I don't like the Irish reaction either. Double standards. Where were their complaints when the ref gave a wrong penalty to Ireland against Georgia? But naturally, when the decisions go against them, it's a case for the parliament.. :rolleyes:

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 21 Nov 2009, 02:37

arturchix wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6_40ZnFjOo - does it look like he's feeling sorry after the goal?
Well, what exactly do you expect from Henry? He had worse moments (in a situation far less close than in the WC qualifying play-offs). I don't want to know what happens, if the stud hits an eye.

If that was unintentional, he would have at least asked the keeper if he was o.k., but ...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Nov 2009, 16:25

Look at Defoe. Look at Defoe!! :oex: Blimey, I don't think any Spur has netted 5 since Klinsi were playing back in the 90s.

And Lennon is on fire, glad he's back from injury. :-D

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 03 Dec 2009, 11:51

salzburg-lazio 2-1
:)

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 26 Feb 2010, 09:12

in europa league rubin kazan and marseille are going to next phase :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Feb 2010, 15:02

Spurs beat Bolton 4-0 and advance to FA cup round 6. :-D

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Mar 2010, 08:00

There was a commission last week to inspect the stadiums around Bulgaria and in Thursday will be decided will there be matches on our stadium... and will there be a stadium at all. Yup, the situation is tragic. The stadium stains with the help of pure magic, after 20 + years of disinterestedness of the state (as government) - not a single $ was put in reconstruction or whatever, the halls are all moist and must, the base itself is (like terrains) on a GRAVEL level (yes, in the 21-st century!) and after all this time of disinterestedness the government says "You don't have a base to have soccer (or whatever) other stuff there, so bye-bye".
Just to mention, that the president of the footy team (known as Kaicho (The-One-Who-Is-Saying) the Lier is there renting from an comrade who purposefully did nothing through these years, so for him to can buy the ground for yellow coins. It's an appetite piece of shit, as there is the most biggest marketplace in Sofia (therefore Bulgaria).

There are talks that the stadium will be demolished... and a new mall will rise from the ashes. :flame:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Mar 2010, 06:44

Quick question: is this a penalty: http://www.vbox7.com/play:486de6cf

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Mar 2010, 10:05

Doesn't look like it, no, but it's a red card to the player who objected and pushed the referee. Btw. that video takes forever to download.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Mar 2010, 15:12

Bulgarian server; works seconds to me. This happens in favor of one of the teams (Levski) of the "authorities" in Bulgaria. I'm fokin' sick of this poop here (the other team is not the one that I support). Happens like each and every time they play. There was even a time when they didn't had a penalty against them for like 3 years, but winning games via penalties all the time.
Last year the other team (CSKA) was given penalty against because two of their players hit each other in our penalty area (can't find a link right now).

I need a nuke...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Mar 2010, 19:27

The Norwegian league has started. :oex:

It's actually far too early; it gets earlier every year and now the stadiums have snow and ice - and the pitches are ruined, of course. Why not play in the summer ... :?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 14 Mar 2010, 19:48

dutch season is almost comming to an end, it's a close call between Ajax, PSV and Twente

but of course twente is going to win :wub:
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 15 Mar 2010, 05:11

Kalah wrote:... Why not play in the summer ... :?
World Cup. :gun:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Mar 2010, 12:42

Only every 4 years. Besides, we rarely qualify. :sad:

The problem arose when they expanded the Norwegian Elite league from 14 to 16 teams two years ago. Now the season lasts from April to November, because there's a 3-week holiday in July. :disagree:

Return to “Campfire”