The Football (Soccer) Topic

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 03 Apr 2009, 06:54

If Serbia qualifies for world cup I am afraid that they will have a time like in germany 2006.
I hope north korea and hungary qualifies.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Apr 2009, 13:39

Theeeere you go. Tottenham was leading 1-0 and everything was dandy, and then Palacios got his second yellow card, Harry funbled the substitution and Blackburn score twice in finve minutes. Good ol' Spurs, back to normal and losing the lead in the last quarter. Typical. :mad:

Bad, Harry - you should have subbed Palacios earlier; Hudd was ready on the bench... bad judgement call in not using subs....
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 05 Apr 2009, 21:54

Talk about typical. :mad: Man U is leading again. Then the devils will life the cup and everything ends happily ever after over here. There are too many Man U fans here and I'm getting bored at the EPL now.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 09 Apr 2009, 12:03

go chelsea!!!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 Apr 2009, 05:03

Hey guys, do you remember who started this one? It was me a while ago. Now it's time for my confession.

There is no such thing...

... it's better than drugs, it's better than sex.

It is a drug itself, a passion, a desire... For eleven years we were without a victory over one of the most obnoxious teams in Bulgaria... And than it came... Three victories in a row, as the third came on their terrain, a place They didn't had a lost like this from a Bulgarian team since like... no one REALLY remembers - forty, fifty years? Even their worst rivals here (the other "state", "country" (?) team CSKA never defeated Them on Their home stadium with a result like this.
And than He came - MARTIN KAMBUROV *bows* :

I tell you folks... there is no such thing!

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 18 Apr 2009, 11:32

hurray for loko!!!!

Zammy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zammy » 20 Apr 2009, 18:05

We will have a team from Ukraine in the UEFA Cup Final... This is so undeserved.:(
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Apr 2009, 14:27

Spurs striker Jermain Defoe is not playing against Man. Utd. after the very sad death of his half-brother Jade after an attack yesterday. I feel for the lad and agree that such upsetting personal life events eclipse things like football...

Defoe had just returned from injury and was expected to enter the line-up against the Red Devil. As J.D. stayed in London, Spurs will most likely line up Darren Bent (or Roman Pavlyuchenko, but he's still recovering from a back strain) alongside Robbie Keane, in what is an important match for both teams. Three points for Spurs would mean they're still in with a chance at European qualification; three for United would mean a consolidation of their lead in the chase for the title.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 May 2009, 16:29

Who wins, Chelsea or Barcelona?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2009, 17:26

Barca. Unless Chelsea can pull off another miracle and keep their opponents from scoring. Which I don't think they can. Cech is good, but he can't stop the best team in Europe on his own.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 May 2009, 21:37

Talk about a narrow victory. Essien's goal was similar to Zidane's in the final some years ago.

I think Man U must be favorites to win the final since Barca have no wing backs...

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 07 May 2009, 01:23

Manchester. United. Sux. Fullstop.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 May 2009, 13:37

Like I always said: Barca will meet United in the final and win.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 07 May 2009, 14:19

There is a lot of flak aimed toward the Norwegian ref in the English newspapers.

If Chelsea are mad I would point to Didier Drogba for missing several good chances over the two matches.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 May 2009, 20:04

The only two possible (important) errors he made that I could see were the handballs. The one where the defender jumped up and turned his back should not be penalized; on the other hand I have seen situations like the one where the defender's hand is straight out from his body and the ball is shot up into it... in the Norwegian PL those tend to be penalized.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 11 May 2009, 12:41

One stupid goal here. Now who says that defenders don't aim well? :D
And here we can see that the second goal is increible, that's a great effect, really impressive :hoo:
Patience is less common than the common sense

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 11 May 2009, 17:58

Own goal! :sad:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 May 2009, 18:54

Man, I really wanna go see Spurs play Barcelona in the first Wembley Cup this summer.... :beg:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 16 May 2009, 17:14

We won 3:2 today with thousands of pissed offs (0:1, 1:1, 1:2, 2:2, 3:2) and with the third team playing with the first one we were pretty sure we'll go on the first place, and the f@ckin' CSKA assholes were defeated 1:0 in Varna, which concluded in like: Black Sea (the fockers!) 53; Loko Sofia (us) 52; Litex 51 (f@ckin' peasants!)). This is the second CSKA lost this half season, Black Sea are having one (against us) and a draw (against LeWCki, which are first after this game with 2 points advantage). They are a team of an "ex security" group, most of their matches concluded with a goal in the 95-th minute (!!!) and... we are f@cked. :( If we finish the season after them, we blow. Litex can win the cup and go to UEFA cup, but one of Us and Black Sea will suck the dick... and with the program we have... we are the team that will suck. We play against CSKA the next match, and I am pretty sure they will not play like against the last two games (LeWCki and Black Sea). On the other hand... I don't see where is the place where BS will lost points (they play against team in the lower part of the table), so for us to top them. And we have two derbies - CSKA (next) and Slavia (last match).

F@CK! :flame:

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 16 May 2009, 19:20

Awesome goals, Storm!
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Return to “Campfire”