All about more food

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jul 2008, 18:51

Not that I doubt you, but most Americans use that excuse, I think... ;)

No, seriously, isn't there some new medication to help with that? I thought I read that in a science mag somewhere. It's an "eating-right-eating-meds combo", supposedly. Maybe it was just on the planning stage still.

I'm having some Danish before supper, me. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jul 2008, 20:03

The problems lies somewhere else (too). A good food is indeed an only way to being healhy, happy and (all :-p) wise. But if you have no way of getting it, you must satisfy with supplements. A normal market is full of them...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jul 2008, 22:36

Check out masalmon... :)

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Jul 2008, 01:38

I love Salmon! What kind is it? I like Copper River Salmon the best. They come from Alaska and is considered the most expensive Salmon there is. Well worth the price if you get any. But that Slab looks mighty tasty. :-D

And, yes, I take medication for it along with a diet. The medication is called Statins. I take the Statin Zocor to keep my Cholesterol down.
And I wish it was an excuse, Kalah. But 329 gets your attention when it's supposed to be 200. And anything over 250, is just a matter of time. :(

Most people are in denial of High Cholesterol. I was at one time. But my family, both sides, the body manufactures more than what we take in by eating.

And both of my parents ancestry came from Scotland centuries ago.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jul 2008, 09:20

It's regular Atlantic Salmon. Tastes good, though. Especially when I prepare it.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 13 Jul 2008, 10:47

ByteBandit wrote:WoW Mila. That salad looks good.
Thank you :) It was good.

I must admit I know nothing about cholesterol except that cholesterol levels are not supposed to be too high. How do one find out one has high cholesterol? :baby:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jul 2008, 14:31

There's no way you have high cholesterol with that body... ;)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 13 Jul 2008, 14:33

Good to know :D
Haha...
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Jul 2008, 15:15

To check your levels just get a blood test and ask how high it is. Blaah!
If you've had someone in your family with heart problems, I would get it checked out. Yeah, nice bawd there! :-D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jul 2008, 15:35

Right, cardiovascular deseases or high blood pressure, that sort of thing. Not that if you have high blood pressure, it means you're more in danger of having a high cholesterol, but that sort of thing could make one more vulnerable to it.

The best medicine against high cholesterol (if you're normal, and not troubled with an actual illness), is eating well. Fish is very good. :)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 13 Jul 2008, 15:36

Salmon *drool*
I hear they have lots of it in Finland. I can't wait.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Jul 2008, 20:51

You should really try the gravlax :yummy:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jul 2008, 21:33

I prefer smoked, myself. On whole-grain, with some eggs. :yummy:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Jul 2008, 21:43

Fissssshes and egggssssesss?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Jul 2008, 00:02

ByteBandit wrote:To check your levels just get a blood test and ask how high it is. Blaah!
If you've had someone in your family with heart problems, I would get it checked out. Yeah, nice bawd there! :-D
Heart problems?!! Oh crap, my big bro was born with a heart condition. It's still a problem for him at times...

@Kalah: I absolutely hate fish :disagree:
- Dragon Age Origins

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 14 Jul 2008, 01:33

@ Kalah Yup. Yup, about the heart problems. eating right prevents lots of problems.
And I like fish anyway. Living in the Puget Sound near Seattle, it's just a part of life to eat it. I like preparing trout I caught at a lake and put them in aluminum foil and throw it on the fire. To me, it's just like candy.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2008, 08:02

ByteBandit wrote:@ Kalah Yup. Yup, about the heart problems. eating right prevents lots of problems.
Not sitting on your arse all day prob helps too... (as long as you don't over do it).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jul 2008, 16:56

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I absolutely hate fish :disagree:
All kinds of fish? There are lots of things you could do with them, you know, yielding a huge variety of flavours.
ByteBandit wrote:I like preparing trout I caught at a lake and put them in aluminum foil and throw it on the fire. To me, it's just like candy.
Yeh, that's a nice barbeque dish, especially if you fish it yourself :) I also like to do that with salmon, or even wolffish.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Jul 2008, 18:02

All kinds of fish. Never had a fish dish that tasted good.
- Dragon Age Origins

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Jul 2008, 18:17

Had some pollock with lemon juice last night. That's it Milla, we're never going out if you don't eat fish.

Return to “Campfire”