Server?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Oct 2008, 19:53

Asheera wrote:It's so strange that only Hangman has slowdowns at times... wonder why?
Could be an accident? More people submitting reply at the same time could cause that too.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Oct 2008, 00:07

I never saw that much traffic at the Hangman thread...
Ash wrote:I also pay around $40/month and have excellent speed - it can get to 8 Mbps
Wow... Mind if I ask for a picture of that? :)
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 15 Oct 2008, 10:46

A picture of what?

btw it's Clicknet if you want to know.

Also 8 Mega bits per second, that's around 1 Mega byte max. :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Oct 2008, 18:35

Sorry for being cloudy... I meant a screenshot, when you are downloading with 1 MBps :)

Btw, I encountered something strange. I use anonymouse for reaching RT for some very good reasons. I do the same from work and from home too.
When I'm up from my home the resolution shrinks with ~20%. But anonymouse has some advertising banners for the free version. When I close those the resolution grows back to normal. At first I thought that it's only a backdraw of the free anonymouse, but today I tried from the work and there is no resolution shrink.
It's really strange, it's only the anonymouse.org and only home. And it's only the site's resolution, and not the browser's.
Any idea why this could be?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 15 Oct 2008, 18:53

Muszka wrote:Sorry for being cloudy... I meant a screenshot, when you are downloading with 1 MBps :)
You don't trust me? :P

Ok, well 1 Mega byte per second is technically the max limit so I can't reach it. The highest speed I had was around 850 MBps. I don't know from where I downloaded (has to be a good server), but I'll just give you a screenshot when downloading NWN's patch - of course, imagine the speed when downloading from a Romanian server! (it should be higher)

No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Oct 2008, 19:03

I don't trust anyone. I'm kind of skeptic. It's not your fault :)

As for speed... I know that won't reach the max value... that's why I wanted the screenie :)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Oct 2008, 19:31

I remember the days of 9600 bps modems, back when downloading a patch of a few megabytes was a very long process. :tired:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Oct 2008, 19:42

You're not alone with those memories... ;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Oct 2008, 19:43

Angelspit wrote:I remember the days of 9600 bps modems, back when downloading a patch of a few megabytes was a very long process. :tired:
Boy, you now makes me to feel old! :D

@Muszka
It could be. It could be. Or perhaps you're using a different browser, browser version, wide monitor with badly set resolution? ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Oct 2008, 19:50

Same OS from the same CD, same resolution, same browser, even the version is the same. And why it does only with anonymouse? and not any other site. :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Oct 2008, 20:02

Here must be difference. What about some pop-up blocker?
"We made it!"

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 15 Oct 2008, 20:04

You could also try http://websurfs.net/

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Oct 2008, 12:02

Blocking pop-ups didn't helped.. (I don't even know why were they enabled)

http://websurfs.net/ - since it's not anonymouse, it doesn't changes resolution, but it's a bit slow and their ads fill the whole window...

But thanks for try :)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 16 Oct 2008, 13:19

I wonder why those slowdowns happen only in Hangman - double posts can be found only there (and I know that happens when it's a huge slow down, for some reason - it happened to me a lot of times only that I got used to it and I delete my second post :P)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Oct 2008, 17:13

Whah, you are really crafted! :-D

At this moment slowdowns hit me everywhere in the RT, so Hangman or not I cannot judge. Hopefully these dirty waves will be soon over.
"We made it!"

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 16 Oct 2008, 17:46

Muszka wrote:http://websurfs.net/ - since it's not anonymouse, it doesn't changes resolution, but it's a bit slow and their ads fill the whole window...
LogonHelp seems better, but you'll have to untick the "Show entry form".
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Oct 2008, 23:08

Thanks Borsuc

EDIT: I tried logon help

Seemed great. Fast and without ads, or if I opened new tabs, the ads were as small like at the anonymouse, sometimes I recognized the same ads too.
But than when I wrote a long answer it suddenly threw me out (second time when I edited this post). Too bad :sad: .
Also I realized I cannot access other sides (like) youtube from it. Neither anonymouse was bright in this chapter, but in it's case I could at least delete the front side of the link and it make a normal one....

Like the fox said in the little prince "Nothing is perfect" :sad:
But still thanks.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Nov 2008, 01:55

The server has been very quick today...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 13 Dec 2008, 19:22

Well just wanted to say that I didn't experience any more slow downs in a looong time, since when you closed those huge threads.

However, there are some threads that have grown big. So I'm not sure if it's really the closing of the threads that did the trick. Did something else happen to improve the server speed?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 13 Dec 2008, 22:52

Nope, we didn't do a thing. Let's all praise the slayer! :applause:
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “Campfire”