Round Table Championship

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Sep 2007, 16:45

A video of the playoff match is available here. Results & match report to follow...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Sep 2007, 16:47

I don't have the time to watch the video, so I shall blindly state that I believe the outcome is fairly obvious. Congrats GInfo.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Sep 2007, 17:08

GInfo - Kumquats 3-3

An absolute thriller! The playoff match deciding who will go through to the quarterfinals began with two quick goals from the Kumquats, but GInfo came back and equalized just before half-time. Surprise struck the away team as they saw one more slip through their defences just after the break. The rest of the match was a one-way street of Kumquats action. Hammering away at the GInfo defence, it was only a matter of time before the equalizer - it came ten minutes from time. They scored once more before the end, but the goal was correctly annulled for offside. The Kumquats could have (and should have) scored lots more, but the skilled defenders of the home team managed to keep the attackers at bay.

Extra time, and the teams continued as they left off; Kumquats attacking and GInfo defending. The relieving goal was scored just before the switch, giving the Kumquats that feeling of "things-are-finally-going-our-way-again". It was only to last a few minutes. GInfo sent everything up on a corner kick in the last minute, and captain Skortzy headed the ball past the Kumquats goalie. The match went to penalties.

In the shootouts, the GInfo players proved better than expected, hammering home the first three with ease. The Kumquats on the other hand, proved troubled. Two of the shots were just barely over the line, but the assistant referee raised his flag and judged the ball in the goal on both occasions. The next shot from the GInfo strikers went just out of the keeper's reach. Then the shocker happened. Kumquats missed. All the fifth GInfo player had to do, was score.

He did.

GInfo - Kumquats 3-3 (4-4 after extra-time, 9-7 on penalties)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 12 Sep 2007, 17:18

Omega_Destroyer wrote:What a shock.
I am sad and stuff... Oh wait... Mwahahahahahaha!!!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Sep 2007, 17:26

I'm surprised you retained an interest in the match Vel.

Oh wait, I'm not.
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 12 Sep 2007, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 12 Sep 2007, 17:36

It's "Vel", not "Vled". There is a big difference.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Sep 2007, 17:53

I see. My apologies.

Holger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holger » 12 Sep 2007, 19:22

Cyclop Coach (after 2 large defeats and a meager tie): Next time around we will bring footballs to our training camp - and not only use rocks at target practice...

Maybe then our goalies will not be afraid of the ball....

Thanks for an entertaining tournament (and YES it is OVER!) :tired:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2007, 02:25

well done GInfo ....
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

skortzy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby skortzy » 13 Sep 2007, 12:24

Thank you, thank you...

The GInfo team's secret was praying to the Seveth Dragon in the morning. The luck smiled upon us...

Well, after this wonderful victory, we'll move on... Astonishing... We got through the group stage... Wow!!! One of the best eight teams... Wow! Long live the King! Wait... It's a queen... And it's evil... But it's not the real one... We want our queen back... Long live the Queen! Orcs, please help us back our queen...

May Biara distroy all our oponents!

Hail to the players!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Sep 2007, 03:09

I think about the only person you didn't thank was Satan :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

skortzy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby skortzy » 14 Sep 2007, 14:31

asandir wrote:I think about the only person you didn't thank was Satan :D
This comment is outrageous... May the wrath of the Faceless come upon you for saying that.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 15 Sep 2007, 03:39

Faceless Void? Time Walk is goood... Oo ooh, Chronosphere!! :oex:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Oakwarrior
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby Oakwarrior » 15 Sep 2007, 13:01

DotA :)
So the Oaks are out? :tired:
ImageImage

jeff

Round Table Contest Referee Scandal

Unread postby jeff » 15 Sep 2007, 15:18

Round Table Contest Referee Scandal
It has been reported by a dubious news agency, Round table referees have allegedly bet on Round Table matches, including contests that they officiated. Is it possible the Round table matches were compromised? What does this betting scandal do to the credibility of the tournament? The community was stunned by the fact a talented teams like the Blistering Barnacles went without a win, an early favorite Unbridled Unicorns failed to make the second round or a relatively lackluster team such as the Bumbling Bunnies was undefeated. The managers of the Barnacles and Unicorns were not available for comment, but it is likely they will respond once they learn that the FBI and Interpol may be called in to break up what is thought to be a gambling ring known to fix sporting events. :disagree:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2007, 18:14

So that's why my bribes where all refunded...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Sep 2007, 19:09

While the Championship officials and commissioner Kalah have failed to comment, an anonymous source within league headquarters has stated all of the referees in question have been relieved of officiating duties for the remainder of the tournament.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Round Table Contest Referee Scandal

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Sep 2007, 17:53

jeff wrote:Round Table Contest Referee Scandal
It has been reported by a dubious news agency, Round table referees have allegedly bet on Round Table matches, including contests that they officiated. Is it possible the Round table matches were compromised? What does this betting scandal do to the credibility of the tournament? The community was stunned by the fact a talented teams like the Blistering Barnacles went without a win, an early favorite Unbridled Unicorns failed to make the second round or a relatively lackluster team such as the Bumbling Bunnies was undefeated. The managers of the Barnacles and Unicorns were not available for comment, but it is likely they will respond once they learn that the FBI and Interpol may be called in to break up what is thought to be a gambling ring known to fix sporting events. :disagree:

While the Championship officials and commissioner Kalah have failed to comment, an anonymous source within league headquarters has stated all of the referees in question have been relieved of officiating duties for the remainder of the tournament.
Illegal referee gambling??!!?? ;| And all the while I just thought the dice were loaded! :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Re: Round Table Contest Referee Scandal

Unread postby jeff » 16 Sep 2007, 17:57

HodgePodge wrote:
Illegal referee gambling??!!?? ;| And all the while I just thought the dice were loaded! :-D
Ahhh, but who was that loaded them dice???? ;| The commissioner has been strangely silent on the whole affair. :devious:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 16 Sep 2007, 19:06

Dang I was late this year...
Grah!

Return to “Campfire”