Round Table Championship

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Aug 2007, 15:05

This is just the group stage ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Oakwarrior
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby Oakwarrior » 30 Aug 2007, 16:08

Woot, I have some monkeys to rattle out of my branches.. :proud:
ImageImage

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 30 Aug 2007, 17:41

So, we will have some kumquats for dessert. Nice. :yummy:
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 31 Aug 2007, 00:02

Cheesepotatoes...:yummy:

I hunger for cheesy potatoes! :D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Holger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holger » 31 Aug 2007, 06:51

I would love to see some assassins assassinated live on Sunday!

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 31 Aug 2007, 13:34

:up: With one eye.. they won;t see it comin' :devious:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Oakwarrior
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby Oakwarrior » 31 Aug 2007, 16:27

My mind must be really corrupted because the last post seems awfully gross to me :tired:
ImageImage

Holger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holger » 31 Aug 2007, 18:50

a55a55in wrote::up: With one eye.. they won;t see it comin' :devious:
Well, me got one eye. Me friend has one eye. Me friends friend has one eye.

*several hours later*

Me and me friends have many eyes. Not one!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Sep 2007, 02:08

I may not be around this weekend, but I would still like to watch the video. I hope Kalah does another one for this round.

Anyhow, Image to all the teams
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Sep 2007, 21:11

Well, matchday #2... that's tomorrow. What's the skinny, guys?

Expert 1: "In the first match, The Bumbling Bunnies are tipped a slight advantage against the Tundering Chargers. Both teams won their last match; this will open up the group."
Expert 2: "Laughing Leprechauns, currently bottom of Group A, are looking to improve their chances by beating The Blistering Barnacles. Again, match two is indicative of the group's final standing. We'll know a lot more after this."
Expert 1: "Assassins - Colourful Cyclops. Ideas?"
Expert 2: "Very even match, this... Two strong teams, and I don't think the Cyclops loss last weak means they're unable to win. They're probably starving for revenge."
Expert 1: "Day #2 is the time for the Frost Fighters to shine. This is their big chance. Their next encounter is not to be an easy one, and if they're to make it to the quarterfinals, they will quite simply have to win this one."
Expert 2: "If they don't, they're screwed."
Expert 1: "Yup."
Expert 2: "Toasters - Unicorns?"
Expert 1: "The home team can practically ensure advancement by winning tomorrow... I'm sure they really want to. The advantage lies with the Toasters."
Expert 2: "And the Rollers? Will they start rolling?"
Expert 1: "Rolling over, yes. I don't think they can win this one, though a draw might be in reach."
Expert 2: "GInfo surprised us once, can they do it again?"
Expert: "Sure. Once again, the supposed advantage is with the other team - The Atomic Sparrows' goalkeeper is looking to shut the opposition out... though GInfo has shown us they can score. The match might be more open than one might think."
Expert 1: "Riddlemakers - Phantoms?"
Expert 2: "Ah, yes, a real treat, this one. One would think that the Riddlemakers would be eager to avenge their surprising defeat last week, and that their offensive line would look to make mincemeat of The Phantoms' defence, but I would make the point of the away team's specialized full back. With this skilled left back working some magic, there won't be much room for the Riddlemakers' right winger to move. A real duel, we have, as Yoda would say. One on one. May the best player win."
Expert 1: "Now, give me the odds on Monkies - Oaks."
Expert 2: "I'd say 3:7 Oaks."
Expert 1: "Astounding. You said something in less than one sentence, yet I failed to understand it."
Expert 2: "Put yer dough on the away team, Albert."
Expert 1: "I'm Albert now?"
Expert 2: "You'll be Monkey-boy if you get this one wrong."
Expert 1: "A'ight."
Expert 2: "You get the next one."
Expert 1: "The Aqua Rangers are gonna stop the Cheesepotatoes in their tracks. The away team will be lucky to get anything going against this hardened defence."
Expert 2: "Quantum Kumquats - Snakes?"
Expert 1: "Both teams have good strikers, but the defence... not so much. I'm expecting lots of goals. The match itself is even, the teams are quite evenly matched. With a victory here, however, much of the work can be done for The Snakes. I'm betting on the Kumquats, however. They have such a cool name: Quantuuum Kumquaaats..."
Expert 2: "Last match; Summoners - Greenshirts."
Expert 1: "Quantuuuuuum..."
Expert 2: "Moving on..."
Expert 1: "A slight advantage tipped to the home team. They hunger for revenge, and their defensive lines will be tough to break through for the equally defensive Greenshirts."
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Sep 2007, 02:35

Expert 1: "In the first match, The Bumbling Bunnies are tipped a slight advantage against the Tundering Chargers. Both teams won their last match; this will open up the group."
looking forward to a win pls!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Sep 2007, 20:27

Here we go...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 02 Sep 2007, 21:40

*drum roll* :rumor:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Sep 2007, 21:48

Matchday #2 is over... the video is available here. Results and match reports to follow...

The Bumbling Bunnies - Thundering Chargers 4-2
The Thundering Chargers faced a hard-working home team, and soon found themselves in trouble. The Bunnies' midfield dominated the match, taking much of the wind out of the sails of the away team attackers. Controlling the match from start to finish, the Bunnies maintain their domination of Group A.

The Laughing Leprechauns - The Blistering Barnacles 4-1
The Laughing Leprechauns had the bookmakers on their side before this match, and sure enough, they climb the table to challenge the group leaders all the way to the door. The Barnacles were in many respects toothless against the powerful midfield of the opposition, and managed to score only once - on a dubious penalty kick seemingly given more as a case of sympathy five minutes from time. The Barnacles, left with 0 points after two matches, are all but eliminated from the competition. It seems a miracle is needed to get this team winning.

Assassins - Colourful Cyclops 4-4
First draw of the competition, and a fair result, judging by the match. Both teams had midfielders working hard in defence as well as attack, yielding a fun, entertaining spectacle with lots of goals and technical details. The fans got their moneys worth and then some, yet the Cyclops are left with a single point after two matches - the Assassins possible sustaining the draw a little better. Great team spirit was shown from both teams, fighting eagerly but fairly throughout, and shaking hands like gentlemen after.

Velvet Nightmares - Frost Fighters 5-7
A complete fireworks of a football match, yielding a total of twelve goals, two red cards and lots of entertainment. This match had everything. Penalties, cards, goals up to wazoo and the game seen won by the effectiveness of the away team's strikers. It was clear that despite the hard work of the Nightmares, the onslought of the attacking Frost Fighters was just too much. The group is wide open after day #2, leaving pundits to speculate on all sorts of different outcomes, and our experts to hold their bets until the very last minute.

Nukular Turbo Toasters - Unbridled Unicorns 4-2
Another match which saw a goalkeeper captain in trouble. The Unicorns struggled throughout the match with the skill of the opposition's attacking line, the only thing limiting the score to four backwards being a goalie knowing the tricks of the trade. One saved penalty and a total of eight class clearances left no room for doubt for the jury: HodgePodge was the player of the match... a small consolation for the defeated captain as her team now needs a good result in the last battle against the Rolling Furrymenaces.

Rolling Furrymenaces - Humongous Melonheads 4-4
Another draw, some say slightly undeserved. The home team dominated large parts of the match, yet they failed to make all their chances count, and allowed the opposition to break through on numerous occasions. Going to the locker rooms at half-time, the Furrymenaces felt confident they'd secured victory with a solid 3-1 lead. Under by 3-4 twenty minutes into the second half, the home team's fans could hardly believe their eyes. Starting an all-out attack the last twenty-five, the Melonheads' goalie foiled the oncoming strikers again and again, letting the ball in but once. Ironically, both teams left with a single point after match day #2, this result pleased neither team.

The Atomic Sparrows - GInfo 5-3
Not exactly being known for their attacking skill, the Sparrows surprised young and old by sending newcomers GInfo packing after scoring five goals in an efficient manner. "Nonsense", our experts would say, as the home team wasted more chances than deserves to be counted, yet slotting home five seems unlikely for a team not knowing where the goal is located. What won the match for the Sparrows tonight was the inability of the opposition to launch anything but sporadic attacks. Never being within reach, GInfo scared noone by scoring the occasional point.

Riddlemakers - The Phantoms 4-4
Third draw of the day, caused - if one is to see things philosophically - by the presence of a hard-working midfield knowing the grass on their own pitch, was to be a duel between the two captains going head to head. Truth is, it was surprisingly even. A slight advantage was tipped the home team, but The Phantoms managed to come back again and again. Riddlemakers' flamboyant winger Kareeah Indaga managed to touch the line occasionally, but surprisingly many attacks were broken down by the self-sacrificing Gaidal Cain. Still, key to hauling home a point was the precice crosses from the right, met consistantly by powerful headers in the middle. A draw was deemed a fair result by both teams, the match seen as a whole, though all the players felt a little frustrated when leaving the pitch with only a single point.

Monkish Monkies - Greystone Oaks 6-2
"Bring it on, Monkey Boy!", Oaks captain Oakwarrior cried to the other side once the ball got rolling. Little did he know what lay ahead; the Monkies pummeled the assumed favourites without pause, and kept surprising the Oaks with precision strikes from near and far, not stopping until six lay behind the baffled goalkeeper. Shouting more at his own players than taunting the opposition, the away team's coach grew increasingly frustrated as it seemed to dawn on him that no points would be drawn from this encounter.

Aqua Rangers - Gravyluvn Cheesepotatoes 2-1
Grabbing all three points, as expected, the Aqua Rangers opened up the group by efficiently breaking down the opposition's attacks. Snatching an early lead, much of this not-so-very entertaining spectacle consisted of the Cheesepotatoes attacking, failing, and the Rangers knocking the ball upfield to let the away team try again. Receiving mixed applause from fans, the home team left the field knowing the had done their job well, yet done very little to entertain the spectators. P.S.: Our match commentator fell asleep.

Quantum Kumquats - The Snakes 6-1
Cool name, cool plays. This match was supposed to be even, but this time The Snakes maintained one aspect of their last battle - the ability to concede goals - and lost the other aspect - the ability to score them. "Hopeless", "inept" and "disgraceful" were all words used by pundits to describe the away team's attacking lines, who weren't helped by the loss of their captain at half-time. The Snakes' coach said the striker was out with an injury, yet Veldrynus seemed fit when he left the pitch. Reporters now speculate whether the captain pulled something while using the head during the break.

Great Summoners - Greenshirts 5-2
The Summoners were assumed favourites, and lived up to expectations as they took all three points home after using the Greenshirts for target practice. The away team managed to penetrate the opposing lines on two occasions: while a central defended was out being treated for an injury, and while the home captain was using a portable cooker to heat up some soup. Other than that, the home fans were thrilled to see their team own the pitch. One wonders now what the group will look like after day #3; the Snakes and the Great Summoners both standing on three points after day #2, with both teams facing tough opposition next week.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Sep 2007, 21:55

We won?

*ahem* I mean...we won! :oex:

WOHO!!!!!!!!! :D
P.S.: Our match commentator fell asleep.
:lolu:

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 02 Sep 2007, 22:00

winterfate wrote:We won?

*ahem* I mean...we won! :oex:

WOHO!!!!!!!!! :D
Way to go, winterfate! :-D

Edit: Oh, and good game Gaidal. :)
Last edited by Kareeah Indaga on 02 Sep 2007, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Sep 2007, 22:02

Updated group standings available in Microsoft Excel format here.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Sep 2007, 22:04

@Kareeah: Thank you very much! :)

By the way, which team is yours?

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 02 Sep 2007, 22:08

winterfate wrote:@Kareeah: Thank you very much! :)

By the way, which team is yours?
Riddlemakers.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Sep 2007, 22:15

Nice!!! :D

A drawn game. :)
Stupendous game. My game vs. gravyluvr was unspectacular, but a win is a win. ;)

@Kalah: So, how many rounds are in this championship?

Return to “Campfire”