Any veterans of the old HOMM tavern still here?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Aug 2007, 18:47

Thanks Arturchix for the memorial look back through your "time capsule". :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Aug 2007, 20:19

arturchix wrote:Whoops, I still have them. :) Here are two pics from the old 3DO forums and two from the vBulletin forums.
I remember all of those boards, I did not post much, usually just after I got the game to ask for help. Hmm you were only 19 then so you're still a kid. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Bedivere
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bedivere » 13 Aug 2007, 05:45

Lord_Skrackermaltz666 – Well, I recognize the name, but I can’t say I remember the witty comments. Were you the guy that proposed an Arctic-themed town where the level 7 was a yeti that threw snowballs? No, I think that was someone else… Either way, glad to (re)make your acquaintance

How’s it going HodgePodge?

Arturchix – Hi, and thanks for the images. A few other familiar names show up on them – Elvin_Ranger, Lord Slayer, Ryland, Smellincoffee...

I saw JollyJoker on the on the HoMMV forum – if it’s the same one (and come on – who uses a name like JollyJoker), one of the first members I remember from the old tavern. If I remember correctly, he wrote a brilliant Strategy guide to HoMM3 fortress, defending why it didn’t suck as much as everyone thought it did (sorry JJ – it still sucked), and was also an advocate of Inferno in random map multiplayer games. Good analytical mind.

Is Ungoliant still around?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Aug 2007, 05:48

that sounds like the JJ we all know and .... love ;)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 Aug 2007, 16:01

Bedivere wrote:Lord_Skrackermaltz666 – Well, I recognize the name, but I can’t say I remember the witty comments. Were you the guy that proposed an Arctic-themed town where the level 7 was a yeti that threw snowballs? No, I think that was someone else… Either way, glad to (re)make your acquaintance
What's wrong with a yeti that throws snowballs? A snowball can be a very powerful weapon, especially with a little stone hidden inside. In the game titanium or mithril could be used instead of stone. The yeti could also use a sort of snowball launcher instead of simply throwing it! Lethal damage!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 13 Aug 2007, 16:48

Bedivere wrote:How’s it going HodgePodge?
I'm doing great. A little older, a little wiser but I still love Heroes! (And Might & Magic too.) :-D
Bedivere wrote:Arturchix – Hi, and thanks for the images. A few other familiar names show up on them – Elvin_Ranger, Lord Slayer, Ryland, Smellincoffee …
I remember all those names too. Especially, Elvin_Ranger & Ryland … who were in a heated contest as to who should be 'Lord of Avlee'. I also remember that just before 3do went bust, we all were joining clans. Elvin_Ranger & I were members of the Clan of the Straight Arrow. Image
Bedivere wrote:Is Ungoliant still around?
I haven't seen Ungoliant (or Ungo) post in the Round Table Forums at all. The last time I saw him was over at the Strategy First Diciples II Forum. :S
Veldrynus wrote:
Bedivere wrote:Lord_Skrackermaltz666 – Well, I recognize the name, but I can’t say I remember the witty comments. Were you the guy that proposed an Arctic-themed town where the level 7 was a yeti that threw snowballs? No, I think that was someone else… Either way, glad to (re)make your acquaintance
What's wrong with a yeti that throws snowballs? A snowball can be a very powerful weapon, especially with a little stone hidden inside. In the game titanium or mithril could be used instead of stone. The yeti could also use a sort of snowball launcher instead of simply throwing it! Lethal damage!
A good idea Vel, be sure NOT to tell UbiSoft or Nival about it because then you can be sure it'll never be implemented. Or if they do something similar and/or outright copy your idea, they'll never give you credit for originally thinking it up in the first place. :devious:

:) … Anyhow, nice seeing you again Bedivere. :)

Bedivere
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bedivere » 13 Aug 2007, 17:22

Veldrynus wrote:
Wait...was it you? That's exactly the defense whoever originally posted it gave -- huge chunks of icy snow with rocks. I suggested that the level 4 troop could attack with flavored syrup and make snowcones.
Last edited by Bedivere on 13 Aug 2007, 18:00, edited 2 times in total.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 13 Aug 2007, 17:24

I also remember that just before 3do went bust, we all were joining clans. Elvin_Ranger & I were members of the Clan of the Straight Arrow
Heh, me too, Viesis created it, didn't he?

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 13 Aug 2007, 18:11

Bedivere wrote: I suggested that the level 4 troop could attack with flavored syrup and make snowcones.
I still think, flavored syrup would not work! Some acid maybe, but not syrup! No way!!! Sorry, but do you even realize how ridiculous it sounds?
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 13 Aug 2007, 22:33

arturchix wrote:
I also remember that just before 3do went bust, we all were joining clans. Elvin_Ranger & I were members of the Clan of the Straight Arrow
Heh, me too, Viesis created it, didn't he?
That sounds about right, although I don't remember who it was exactly that started the clan stuff. I wish I could remember the names of all the other clans. ;|

Bedivere
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bedivere » 14 Aug 2007, 05:15

Veldrynus wrote:
Bedivere wrote: I suggested that the level 4 troop could attack with flavored syrup and make snowcones.
I still think, flavored syrup would not work! Some acid maybe, but not syrup! No way!!! Sorry, but do you even realize how ridiculous it sounds?
Ahh, come on. Everyone likes snow cones! Well, nearly everyone. I was figuring as a special effect it would give a morale bonus to everyone except necro, and maybe a morale penalty to inferno.

I don’t know, maybe a compromise – flavored acid?

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 Aug 2007, 09:52

Flavored acid? Man you're not serious! This is simply rude! :disagree:

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 14 Aug 2007, 10:23

favored acid? how did we get to that? 8|
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 14 Aug 2007, 16:04

Bedivere wrote:
I saw JollyJoker on the on the HoMMV forum – if it’s the same one

Is Ungoliant still around?
JJ is indeed the same (and perhaps even more annoying in arguing than back then :p). He had a break for a while but reappeared when H5 was in development. Actually when H5 was announced, several oldies showed briefly up such as blackdog, Kingo etc. Beltion is still a moderator at the official boards and Sir Charles/Chuckles posts there frequently.

What I have understood is that Ungo stopped internet activities due to health problems. And thinking about how serious a problem has to be in order to prevent usage of computer I am not so sure he is doing fine.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 15 Aug 2007, 04:35

Pitsu wrote:
Bedivere wrote:Is Ungoliant still around?
What I have understood is that Ungo stopped internet activities due to health problems. And thinking about how serious a problem has to be in order to prevent usage of computer I am not so sure he is doing fine.
I heard that too, even before 3do disappeared. :sad:

I also wonder what happened to Hooloovoo. Remember him? One of the more active moderators at 3do before it disappeared.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 15 Aug 2007, 06:54

Hooloovoo? He was not a moderator, but the only admin, and actually not really that active. He once popped up at TELP's, but that was the last time I heard of him. Someone correct me if I misunderstood but Guthwulf is back and working with Ubisoft.

Bedivere
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bedivere » 16 Aug 2007, 06:15

Oh yeah, I forgot about Beltion and Sir Charles. Sorry to hear that about Ungo. Best wishes where ever he is.

HodgePodge
Yeah -- Hool was 3D0's overworked web master. He didn't get around to the boards much for most of their lives. He was much more active at the end (when it was know that 3D0 was going under -- I guess the rest of his work load kind of ended).

Viesis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Viesis » 19 Aug 2011, 21:02

Oh hi, how old exactly is this thing? The timestamp shows month and date, but not the year, I hope I am not being silly atm and replying to a 5 year old thrad haha..

Anyways, got a little bit sentimental today, wanted to find my old MM forum, but couldn't remember the name of it if my life depended on it, so tried different searchwords and upon trying "Viesis Arturchix" it sent me here.

OH MY GOD my smile goes from one ear to the other one atm. Seeing these familiar names, like Hodgepodge and Bedivere, and ofc Arturchix still being active and keeping on the good work - thats just an awesome feeling. :D

Edit: Also, the Clan of the Straight Arrow - hahahaha I had totally forgotten about that! :D I think it was indeed me who founded it, but I have no clue whatsoever as to what we were supposed to be doing in it. :D

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 20 Aug 2011, 09:43

Viesis wrote:Oh hi, how old exactly is this thing? The timestamp shows month and date, but not the year, I hope I am not being silly atm and replying to a 5 year old thrad haha..
No worries, just 4 years and 3 days since the last post :D

Honorary Spade of Necromancy for you, Sir:

And welcome to this forum :)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

StoneCold
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby StoneCold » 24 Aug 2011, 16:25

I guess I was...

Return to “Campfire”