Any veterans of the old HOMM tavern still here?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Bedivere
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Any veterans of the old HOMM tavern still here?

Unread postby Bedivere » 06 Aug 2007, 05:14

We're talking the old 3D0 sight. Briefly scanning the forums, I saw Pitsu's name. Anyone else?

I'm Bedivere. The name came from way back when I started frequenting the tavern after HOMM2. HOMM3 was being developed, and the 3D0 team made it known they wanted fan input, and that they were Monty Python fans, thus the name Bedivere on the forums to attract notice. To anyone who recognizes the name from way back, hi.

(Hi to everyone else too...)

jeff

Re: Any veterans of the old HOMM tavern still here?

Unread postby jeff » 06 Aug 2007, 05:18

Bedivere wrote:We're talking the old 3D0 sight. Briefly scanning the forums, I saw Pitsu's name. Anyone else?

I'm Bedivere. The name came from way back when I started frequenting the tavern after HOMM2. HOMM3 was being developed, and the 3D0 team made it known they wanted fan input, and that they were Monty Python fans, thus the name Bedivere on the forums to attract notice. To anyone who recognizes the name from way back, hi.

There are several I was Jeff_G in the old 3DO forum.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 06 Aug 2007, 05:23

Yeah, I was there too and my name was Lord_Skrackermaltz666.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 Aug 2007, 06:42

Bedivere wrote: To anyone who recognizes the name from way back, hi.
Hi! I have heard your name before. :p What an unexpected visit you have given us. Everything going fine with you or starting to grow a bit old and missing your childhood friends?
Briefly scanning the forums, I saw Pitsu's name.
Wow, that was even less expected than your visit. I did join the community so late (I am sure AB was already out then) that should be considered a total newbie. I am surprised you remembered me :proud:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 06 Aug 2007, 10:36

Our Best Beloved Pitsu is always memorable.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 06 Aug 2007, 14:54

I was there. Same handle.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 06 Aug 2007, 14:57

I was alos there. Fairly early, though, then I stopped showing after a while. Can't really remember what my alias was then, however.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Aug 2007, 18:21

I joined the 3DO Comm during the late Shadow of Death era. I was a lurker mostly, and posted at the Heroes Community instead (and created the Round Table later on). I remember you Bevidere. :)

Bedivere
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bedivere » 09 Aug 2007, 19:39

Hi all!

Pitsu - Yeah, remember you joining relatively late, but your comments were typically intelligent insightful (and enthusiastic), so you were memorable.

Angelspit – I remember your name too. You've been involved with Celestial Heavens for a long time too, right? From the beginning?

There was some attempt to continue the tavern and archive the old tavern. My life got busy around that time (started my own business), and I wasn’t able to frequent it anymore. I’m recently back to playing Heroes V (beautiful game – I love it, but I still think Heroes 3 is my favorite), and decided to check in here for strategy and tactics (and because I kept on getting my ass kicked day 5 of map 2 of the necro campaign). Does anyone know if the old archive still exists?

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 09 Aug 2007, 20:04

Don't you remember me? Lord_Skrackermaltz666? Now, this really hurts me. I was the guy everybody loved, with the smart and funny comments.
Bedy, how could you forget about me?
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 09 Aug 2007, 20:30

I agree. There's no way you could forget about Vel.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 10 Aug 2007, 02:51

@Bedivere: Well, I wasn't in the tavern at all. Matter of fact, I joined this forum in November 2006, so I haven't been around for long. :)

I'd like you to welcome you to the Round Table though. ;)
I hope your stay is a long one! :D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Aug 2007, 06:44

I think it's great when a member of the older forums makes an entrance .... plus it reminds me how new to this community I really am

stick around Bedivere
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 10 Aug 2007, 08:05

Does everyone remember when they entered the M&M community? I did it in 2000, I believe, there were still the old 3DO forums with leveling up to level 100, MM8 was just released. I managed get to level 34 when we moved to the new 3DO forums, powered by vBulletin.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Aug 2007, 02:19

Bedivere wrote:We're talking the old 3D0 sight. Briefly scanning the forums, I saw Pitsu's name. Anyone else?

I recognize your name Bedivere (at least I think I remember?? :jester: ) and I'm still here too! :proud: (at least I think I am?? ;| )
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Aug 2007, 02:33

arturchix wrote:Does everyone remember when they entered the M&M community? I did it in 2000, I believe, there were still the old 3DO forums with leveling up to level 100, MM8 was just released. I managed get to level 34 when we moved to the new 3DO forums, powered by vBulletin.
I can't remember exactly, but I was on the old 3DO forum and I'm not sure if it was MM6 or 7 that I was asking advice about. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Aug 2007, 15:43

jeff wrote:
arturchix wrote:Does everyone remember when they entered the M&M community? I did it in 2000, I believe, there were still the old 3DO forums with leveling up to level 100, MM8 was just released. I managed get to level 34 when we moved to the new 3DO forums, powered by vBulletin.
I can't remember exactly, but I was on the old 3DO forum and I'm not sure if it was MM6 or 7 that I was asking advice about. ;|
I joined the 3DO forums sometime in 1998 when I got MM6. It was way before the vBulletin move. If I remember correctly, as your post count increased, your threads would show up in different colors. They did away with the color scheme just before I reached 100 posts. That was so long ago, it may have been levels up instead of post count. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 12 Aug 2007, 17:30

There were 100 levels, not posts. Mods were at level 105, VIPs like 3DO and NWC stuff - at 200. Each new member was starting at level 1 and posting certain amount of messages per day would result in a level up - there was no post count. IIRC during the registration we had to choose also class - Might or Magic or something else, and at level 34 I ended up like Fire Druid or something like that, that was fun. :)

I had some pics saved from the old forums and the vBulletin but I can't find them anymore.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 12 Aug 2007, 18:16

Whoops, I still have them. :) Here are two pics from the old 3DO forums and two from the vBulletin forums.

Old 3DO forums
My profile at old 3DO forums
New 3DO forums, powered by vBulletin
Top 50 posters in the new 3DO forums.

The pics from the old forums are missing images because silly me saved them as a webpage without files.

This reminds me I was a notorious spammer those days and once even got banned for a week - online community stuff was something new to me.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Aug 2007, 18:27

You got banned? That's surprising.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Return to “Campfire”