Formula 1

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Mar 2011, 12:29

So, Vettel won down under. Broke the "curse". I guess he really is up for defending his 2010 title ...

And Petrov got his first podium, proving that he didn't just "buy" his way in, like people have claimed.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jun 2011, 22:30

Saw Button pass Vettel on the last lap today, because the leader made a mistake in a corner on the wet surface. I 'm luvvin' it when things like this happen, just to increase the drama. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 13 Jun 2011, 11:38

Has F1 ever run a dual race? This weekend at Texas, Indy cars did two 275-mile races. They ran the first race based on qualifying and then had a random draw to seed the second race. The guys who were 1-2 in the championship standings started 27th and 3rd, respectively, in the second race. Has F1 ever run something like this that the IRL could learn from?

(BTW, everybody has already suggested inverting the finish order from the first race to start the second. Nobody appears to be listening.)
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jun 2011, 15:15

As far as I know, F1 has only ever run a single race, the winner of which is the first to cross the line after a certain number of laps.

What they have done (numerous times) is change the qualification sessions; they can be single or double, done over several days etc. ...

Return to “Campfire”