Formula 1

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Oct 2008, 23:15

Finaly alonso is back!!! :) Now that the R28 has evolve he can win again :D .
I guess he will continue next year on Renault and he will have chances of winning thew Champioship. Between, another year with three drivers with possibilities of winning(I hope is either Massa or Kubica) on the two last races :hoo:

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 02 Nov 2008, 19:02

What an exciting race!
But, who in name of hell Glock let be passed by vettel and hamilton in the last metres???? ;| I was expecting the driver chapionship winner to be massa as in the last two laps hamilton was 6.... :flame:
By the way, Alonso ended second in another great race. I'm sure he'll fight for the driver's championship next year.

Damnit hamilton, alonso have lost the youngest drivers championship :disagree:

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 02 Nov 2008, 19:10

This was so fuckin dramatic... I'm very disappointed for the last meters. From Massa's point of view this is a tragedy. The odds were clearly against him to begin with, but suddenly he got a bright ray of hope in the last minutes just to be taken away in the very last second. That's very cruel... :tired:
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 02 Nov 2008, 19:16

I hate Timo Glock so much...darn, he ruined the whole ending of an amazing race and championships. :(

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 02 Nov 2008, 19:50

Damnit, this makes me so depressed... :sad:
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Nov 2008, 16:48

The Montreal Grand Prix is dead, after 30 years. Bernie could not come to an agreement with the organizers. Our law against advertisements of tobacco products, introduced a few years ago, was the final nail in the coffin­, as companies like Players had been behind the event for so long.

Oh well, I suspect we'll get a NASCAR race or something before long. I can't say I'm too disappointed by the decision.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2008, 18:27

NASCAR... great... four hours of cars going round and round in circles... :|

I wonder what will happen when Bernie snuffs it. He's been "da man" for so long now, that without him, I suspect all sorts of motorsports will try to muscle in on the F1 turf.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Apr 2009, 18:48

Everything is changed this season. Button only had one win before season start, and now he's won 3 out of 4 races. It's all got to do with the design of the new cars opening up the field, ensuing that driver talent is more important than it was during the domination years of Ferrari.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby danijel1990 » 26 Apr 2009, 20:11

Kalah wrote:Everything is changed this season. Button only had one win before season start, and now he's won 3 out of 4 races. It's all got to do with the design of the new cars opening up the field, ensuing that driver talent is more important than it was during the domination years of Ferrari.
Yes in the recent years Ferrari showed that they have the most knowledge when it comes to engines and stuff, now Massa and Raikonen aren't used to the new and worse Formulas then in the previous seasons.
But I'm just pointing it out from Ferrari's fan's view

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Apr 2009, 22:26

I enjoy these changes. Smells fresh. :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Apr 2009, 23:25

Same engines as well; more driver skill involved. I'm luvvin' that.

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby danijel1990 » 28 Apr 2009, 10:10

Yes, but for the greatest drivers (Massa and Raikkonen), they need time to get used to the new (and worse) engines, than the great ones they had in the previous seasons.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 29 Apr 2009, 07:36

Nobody can get used to bad engines and cars. In this sport, if your hardware does not work, you never win. Just look at the case of Button: once considered a young talent, then driving for mediocre teams without success, forgotten, and then, suddenly, he gets a good car and he is on the top, and in the center of attention again. It's not his talent which has improved.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Apr 2009, 22:11

Veldrynus wrote:It's not his talent which has improved.
Well, that wouldn't explain why he got the job then. He's got guts. Barrichello has good cars and such but never get better, for instance. When he was at low level cars, he was almost like he is now (in quality).
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 07 May 2009, 12:19

And for next year they plan to win the championship the pilot who wons more races, without counting seconds places and so on :tsdown:
Patience is less common than the common sense

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 May 2009, 13:36

Well, it would mean that drivers would go for it, rather than plan their races strategically, being satisfied with second or third etc. I applaud the sentiment. Time will tell if it actually works.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 May 2009, 15:37

Just heard on the team radio what Jensen Button said as he crossed the line in his latest race: "Monaco, baby, yaaay!" :D

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby danijel1990 » 26 May 2009, 16:21

Kalah wrote:Just heard on the team radio what Jensen Button said as he crossed the line in his latest race: "Monaco, baby, yaaay!" :D
hehe, cool :D

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Jun 2009, 17:52

6 out 7 races won....just WHOAH!! 8|
Patience is less common than the common sense

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jun 2009, 18:38

Yes, it's obvious that with a properly quick car, Button's talent really comes into its own.

Return to “Campfire”