Formula 1

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 Sep 2008, 13:45

That's not entirely true. Only Heidfeld switched to intermediate tires (not wet tires), and flew to the 3rd place within 2 laps. That was amazing. Alonso is a good rain driver, but he never changed his tires. I don't know about Vettel, but I suspect he didn't changed it either, he was just smarter with the driving. Pity Bourdais felt from the podium, he made a good race with a bad end, but Raikonnen was unluckier, and he felt from the Final win too. But I don't know if Bourdais lost a possible contract next year with this event. We'll see.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Sep 2008, 18:03

Hamilton lost his 1st place, as the jury gave him a time penalty for the fight with Kimi...

How mean is that!?
They couldn't decide this before the podium and press conference? And why aren't drivers allowed to have a proper squabble any more? What should they do; this is a race gorrammit!
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 08 Sep 2008, 05:07

Too bad. I don't like the English, but I have beer at stake.
As for your question Kalah, the Stewards can take back any points or championships or anything for at least a year but maybe even more. And they can't decide fast, but nor are they fair everytime.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Sep 2008, 20:04

Yah, but in this case, they should have been quicker. What Hamilton did was the sort of thing that would have given him a drivethrough penalty; that decision made mid-race is made in minutes.

What I suspect is that the jury couldn't agree in this case, as some (like me) thought the duel was fair. That's why it took so long to discuss it.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 08 Sep 2008, 23:03

I think a drive-trough would have been too much. So he would have lost more than a single place. And just as you I think that it was a fair duel.
The pity is that so Massa won the race, without any effort, or merit.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 Sep 2008, 09:45

What Vettel did was absolutely superb. This guy has talent. It's a pity that he will go next year to Red Bull. He clearly deserves a top-team.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Sep 2008, 15:51

I think it's good that the smaller teams have good drivers as well; that way the field can even out a bit. There's too much money in F1...

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Sep 2008, 00:34

There won't be equality in F1.. at least what concerns the chances. Vettel was amazing absolutely, and he proved that he can win a race in rain. But he was helped by the same rain.
I say that he will be champion in max 3 years.
Vel wrote:It's a pity that he will go next year to Red Bull. He clearly deserves a top-team.
Indeed. This isn't final, and hopefully it will chance, though chances are scarce.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Sep 2008, 12:30

First time ever night-time race in F1; floodlights in Singapore. :)

This track is bumpy. Lots of sparks flying. Safety car now, after Piquet slammed his car in the wall...

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 28 Sep 2008, 15:13

This must be like the best looking circuit I've ever seen. Almost surreal! ;)
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Sep 2008, 16:30

Except for the idiotic layout of having a closed track with high fences. The drivers who crashed actually had to run across the track to get to the other side. Idiocy :disagree:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 29 Sep 2008, 02:07

The only big problem was the lack of experience from the side of the stewards. And the lack of determination from the side of circuit crew. Otherwise it's a great and very unique track, and I don't mean the fact that it's during the night, but the whole.

As for Alonso..... Yippiayyey.... :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Sep 2008, 11:52

Ferrari did the most impressive mess ever! That was surreal. ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Sep 2008, 15:01

Yeah, the guy with the red light/green light button probably didni't sleep well...

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 29 Sep 2008, 21:57

Indeed. They were just as unprofessional as the track team, plus their situation was worsened by that foolish "pit lane closing during safety car" rule.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Sep 2008, 03:02

Yeh, that's just stupid. It wasn't perfect before either, but at least it was better than forcing drivers to break rules because of fuel shortages.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 30 Sep 2008, 09:26

And the result clearly showed that isn't a good rule. I mean look at Rosberg's and Kubica's position before and after the penalty. If you have enough time to make a good lead for yourself, you can take advantage of the rule. :disagree: Hopefully it will be erased till next year.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 12 Oct 2008, 06:44

Alonso wins again. How sad... :S

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 12 Oct 2008, 12:02

Veldrynus wrote:Alonso wins again. How sad... :S
"The deepest regions of hell will be reserved for him" said the Lord.

Amen. :devious:
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 12 Oct 2008, 16:54

Veldrynus wrote:Alonso wins again. How sad... :S
Oppositely. It's cheerful. If for nothing else, because the fact that we'll have a better and more colorful season next year. But hey, Alonso is my favorite on the top of all.

Return to “Campfire”