Bizarre News

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 May 2006, 19:00

The Elves do a lot of toe-licking, do they?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 19:04

Nope, but their poetry is only slightly better than Corrrrrrribus the Bard's.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 May 2006, 19:06

Kalah wrote:The Elves do a lot of toe-licking, do they?
Elves are kinky like that. Er... so I hear.

Oh, by the way, cover art for my hit single:

link

Mod Note: Changed to link for everyone's sake. People, don't say you haven't been warned!
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 26 May 2006, 19:08

I've created a monster...

(Thanks all for the congrats)
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 19:08

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Corribus to the max!
Vlad976 wrote:I've created a monster...
Nah,he was always like that.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 19:10

I had to edit that link out, for the sake of all poor underage posters. And Zam would have a fit if he saw it ;)

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 May 2006, 19:13

Gaidal Cain wrote:I had to edit that link out, for the sake of all poor underage posters. And Zam would have a fit if he saw it ;)
Yeah I guess you are right... wouldn't want all those kiddies going around licking their toes in public ... or private.

You can just imagine a mom walking in on her 13 year old son in his bedroom with his foot stuck in his mouth up to the ankle: "Oh god, Tommy, what are you doing?!?"

:-D
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 26 May 2006, 19:14

That is excellent Corribus! Please write me a birthday song so I won't have to hear my toneless family sing the usual happy birthday :beg:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 26 May 2006, 19:16

Oh, now this I gotta hear. The pervertedly funny birthday song!
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 May 2006, 19:19

Vlad976 wrote:Oh, now this I gotta hear. The pervertedly funny birthday song!
Sorry folks, my creative energies only permit one perverted song a day. :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 19:23

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:That is excellent Corribus! Please write me a birthday song so I won't have to hear my toneless family sing the usual happy birthday :beg:
You really are a kinky one :devious: :devil:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 19:23

Corrrribus wrote:Sorry folks, my creative energies only permit one perverted song a day
No problem. I think I've had my share for the year of it. :sweat:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 26 May 2006, 21:32

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:That is excellent Corribus! Please write me a birthday song so I won't have to hear my toneless family sing the usual happy birthday :beg:
You really are a kinky one :devious: :devil:
I think it's the best way to live :rolleyes:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 28 May 2006, 01:53

Radio station airs volcano alert by mistake
TACOMA, Wash. - An emergency radio station mistakenly warned that a massive, volcanic-caused mudflow was headed from the flanks of Mount Rainier and that listeners in the valley below should rush to higher ground.

The emergency lahar warning was broadcast Wednesday for nearly an hour on the 1580 AM frequency in the suburban Pierce County town of Puyallup.

Authorities had no estimate how many people heard the broadcast on the weak frequency, or how many evacuated.

Nancy Eldred heard it while driving in the Puyallup Valley and called her daughter, Renee Hutchinson, in Tacoma.

"I was in tears," said Hutchinson, whose 17-month-old son, Ethan, was in the car with his grandmother. "I was shaking."

After Hutchinson warned co-workers, about 30 people started frantically calling loved ones. Some called their children at schools in the Puyallup Valley and told them to leave immediately.

Emergency officials in communities around Mount Rainier routinely test the system that would, in the event of a real lahar from the volcano, activate 24 sirens around the valley and broadcast a radio alert.

But on Wednesday, 1580 AM picked up the test signal as real and said the lahar was coming. The prerecorded radio message apparently was triggered by a software error.

Puyallup Fire Chief Merle Frank said the problem should be taken care of in the next few days.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 04:31

Ahhh!Its the war of the worlds!Martians are attacking! :scared:

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 14 Jun 2006, 15:30

Baseball Team Creates World's Unhealthiest Burger
(CBS News) St. Louis

It could be the world's unhealthiest snack. The ultimate in fast-food indulgence is cooked up, not by a restaurant chain, but by a minor-league baseball club, reports CBS News correspondent Cynthia Bowers.

Despite having a charming ballpark just outside St. Louis, the Gateway Grizzlies will likely never be renowned for their brand of baseball — one step below Single-A ball.

But they're already famous at the concession stand. Or should that be infamous?

It's sweet like a doughnut, and then you've got the hamburger. You’ve read that right. It's a burger with cheese and bacon, sandwiched between a Krispy Kreme doughnut — a heart attack waiting to happen. A burger so perfect, they say, tampering is discouraged.

“You're ruining it! You're not supposed to put ketchup on it!” Bowers says to a diner.

“Well, I don't know. It's my first time,” he replies.

For a mere $4.50 it's breakfast, dinner, and a little dessert all in one. That it packs up to 1,000 calories — the donut alone has 10 grams of sugar — doesn't seem to faze diabetic diner Floyd Schuetz.

“Oh, I’ll have another one of these,” he says.

Nor does it faze three fans — two in their 80s — who passed up the peanuts and crackerjacks for this.

Asked if she was worried about the health ramifications, Betty Osborne says “No, not tonight. Tonight I'm living it up.”

After trying a bite — Bowers says she would normally never eat a burger like this, but she would make the sacrifice in the interest of journalistic integrity — she says it is better than she expected.

“I don’t know that I would do this again, but it’s pretty good,” says Bowers.

The Grizzlies say "cheesy" gimmicks like this are crucial to the team's bottom line.

“With minor league baseball we have to work extremely hard to get fans to come out here,” says the Grizzlies’ Jeff O’Neill.

Which begs the question — what's next?

“We were in the concession stand the other day trying to come up with 'Baseball's Best Pizza.' "

Let’s just hope it's not going to be be on a Krispy Kreme crust.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 15:41

Did lots of experiments like those,and some can be mighty fine.Sugar does mix very well with salt at some ocasions.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 14 Jun 2006, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 17:11

DaemianLucifer wrote:Sugar does miks very well with salt at some ocasions.
Sure they can.... :|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 20 Jun 2006, 02:11

Can't find the article now, but I've read couple years ago, that a man in Serbia was arrested by the police for possession of an illegal weapon, a rocket launcher.

He was caught because he blew up his own house with the launcher.. The police later learned that he got into a fight with his wife and fired at her with the rocket launcher 8|, missing her but not the house :D

When you get pissed off at your wife, it makes sense to send a missile to end the quarrel of course, or -a crazy idea but- you can get a divorce :devious:
Last edited by cornellian on 20 Jun 2006, 06:02, edited 2 times in total.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Jun 2006, 03:37

LOL

maybe he thought shooting her with a rocket launcher (what??!!!) would be cheaper then a divorce??

Return to “Campfire”