Bizarre News

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Feb 2006, 20:15

charleswatkins wrote:They can bite through chicken bones like matchsticks.
Thats a bad analogy since chiken bones are hollow,like the bones of any bird,and therefore rather fragile.
charleswatkins wrote:Incidentally, a great many of the Devils have recently died out.
Riiiiiight
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 05 Feb 2006, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Feb 2006, 20:15

charleswatkins wrote:The Tasmanian devil looks something like a small dog with industrial strength choppers. They can bite through chicken bones like matchsticks. However, after they have eaten, they become quite docile and that is when I got to pet one. Incidentally, a great many of the Devils have recently died out.
Look how cute they are:

Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 Feb 2006, 20:26

DaemianLucifer wrote: Thats a bad analogy since chiken bones are hollow,like the bones of any bird,and therefore rather fragile.
Can you bite through chicken bones like matchsticks?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Feb 2006, 20:30

Gaidal Cain wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: Thats a bad analogy since chiken bones are hollow,like the bones of any bird,and therefore rather fragile.
Yes i can.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Feb 2006, 20:36

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote:
Yes i can.
Well that explains alot! :devious:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 07 Feb 2006, 03:53

How about one from my home town. Nasty and revolting, yes, but at least the girls in the picture are worth looking at. :-D

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060204/D8FI0DV81.html

Man Downs 173 Chicken Wings to Win Contest

Feb 3, 8:44 PM (ET)

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A 22-year-old from San Jose, Calif., won Wing Bowl on Friday by setting a new record at the annual chicken wing-eating contest. Joey Chestnut ate 173 wings to take the title and top prize, a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara.

As usual, the 14th annual Wing Bowl was replete with thousands of beer-crazed fans, piles of saucy wings, dozens of scantily clad "Wingettes" - many of them strippers - and several sickened contestants.

This year's version of the contest, sponsored by sports-talk station WIP-AM, included only competitors who had never before competed in Wing Bowl.

Chestnut qualified for the sold-out event by downing a gallon of milk in 41 seconds.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Feb 2006, 10:51

What some people are ready to do for attention :devil:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Feb 2006, 11:23

RT Board members constantly using the "quote" button.

I mean, come on guys, quoting the post right ahead of yours? Like we won't understand which one you're referring to? ;|
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Feb 2006, 15:05

Hey check this out! Some says that America was responible for the trouble between the middle east, scandinavia and the rest of europe about the Muhammed caricature pictures. Like an diversion to make islamists hate europe more than america. If true, what a cunning, sly little move Pentagon did, shame on you!:disagree: They really had to use scapegoats like us scandinavians and europeans to draw away attention for their past mistakes, it sickens me :ill: :grumpy:

Yeat again if this is true, america have really fallen far :rolleyes:
The politicians and the government over there sickens me even more :ill: Are they cowards to face the problems made by themself back in 2001 when their forces tried to take control over Iraq?
*sigh*

bbc article
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4655196.stm

norwegian site
http://www.nesteklikk.no/20060206/82228.html

Bad politics, religious fanatism and morons = conflict and some other negative things to spice it up.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Feb 2006, 15:13

@Kalah

Well why dont we have to reply to post?It is a useful feature.Have you guys even considered puting it in?
Orfinn wrote:Bad politics, religious fanatism and morons = conflict and some other negative things to spice it up.
You meant mormons,right? :devil:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 07 Feb 2006, 15:26

Orfinn wrote:Hey check this out! Some says that America was responible for the trouble between the middle east, scandinavia and the rest of europe about the Muhammed caricature pictures.
I don't read Norwegian so I can't comment on the second article, but the first article has nothing to do with the Danish cartoon, so I have no idea where you are pulling this from. It's conspiracy theory at its best.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Feb 2006, 18:39

@ Daemian: I've asked. We're working on it. But my point was especially that large pictures and even entire posts are repeated...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Feb 2006, 18:49

Corribus wrote: I don't read Norwegian so I can't comment on the second article, but the first article has nothing to do with the Danish cartoon, so I have no idea where you are pulling this from. It's conspiracy theory at its best.
From what I gathered from the Norwegian article, it expressed surprise at the reactions that the danish cartoons got the response it got, especiaqlly when compared to that the US has been occupying two islamic countries and still don't get that kind of reactions, and then went on with the conspiracy theories.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Feb 2006, 18:52

Gaidal Cain wrote: From what I gathered from the Norwegian article, it expressed surprise at the reactions that the danish cartoons got the response it got, especiaqlly when compared to that the US has been occupying two islamic countries and still don't get that kind of reactions, and then went on with the conspiracy theories.
Well we all know that if the Danes make fun of a religion in a cartoon it means that they want to exterminate it, while the US only invades other countries because they're bored.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Feb 2006, 19:43

Bow to the king while youre stomping on that peasant! :devious: :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Feb 2006, 19:50

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Corribus wrote: I don't read Norwegian so I can't comment on the second article, but the first article has nothing to do with the Danish cartoon, so I have no idea where you are pulling this from. It's conspiracy theory at its best.
From what I gathered from the Norwegian article, it expressed surprise at the reactions that the danish cartoons got the response it got, especiaqlly when compared to that the US has been occupying two islamic countries and still don't get that kind of reactions, and then went on with the conspiracy theories.
Thanks for translating that ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Feb 2006, 20:01

Kalah wrote:@ Daemian: I've asked. We're working on it. But my point was especially that large pictures and even entire posts are repeated...
Well its sort of a disease.One person starts with the full quote,and the resto of us follow mindlessly :D

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 09 Feb 2006, 04:32

Need a another reason why humans should need a licence to procreate? I submit to you Exhibit G:

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... 08-ON.html

Super Bowl fireworks plan misfires; car blown up instead

Associated Press
Feb. 8, 2006 08:40 AM

SHERIDAN, Colo. - The Super Bowl turned out to be a blast for a Colorado couple, but not the way they figured it.

According to authorities, Norman Frey and his girlfriend planned to set off some homemade fireworks at a Super Bowl party Sunday.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson says the couple blew up their car while transporting a balloon filled with explosive gas. Robinson says it's amazing they weren't killed.

The balloon contained acetylene, the gas used in welding torches. Robinson says static electricity may have set off the explosion.

Both the man and woman suffered busted eardrums. Frey now faces a felony explosives charge, but his girlfriend won't be prosecuted.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Feb 2006, 11:53

Corribus wrote:Robinson says it's amazing they weren't killed.
A shame really.
Corribus wrote: Frey now faces a felony explosives charge, but his girlfriend won't be prosecuted.
Why?The usual discrimination again.Whenever something goes wrong,blame the man first. :disagree:

Friend_of_Gunnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Friend_of_Gunnar » 10 Feb 2006, 04:28

DaemianLucifer wrote: Why?The usual discrimination again.Whenever something goes wrong,blame the man first. :disagree:
Why, that's chivalry!

Return to “Campfire”