Alcohol Infused Goodness

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 06 Apr 2009, 20:54

I'm gonna buy me a nice big bottle of rum tomorrow. Can't hardly wait! :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 06 Apr 2009, 21:08

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I'm gonna buy me a nice big bottle of rum tomorrow. Can't hardly wait! :D
Can"t either ^^
<*imagines a drunk Mille spreading havoc in the Campfire*>

Definately can't wait :D:P

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 07 Apr 2009, 16:15

:D

Mmmm.....rum.

Sommersby 'tis nice too :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Apr 2009, 18:05

Picked up a Yellow Tail Shiraz (2008) today; I'm not sure about that recent vintage - I think it might not be quite ready. Anyway, if the wine sucks, I'm sending Kristo a poo-bomb as retaliation.

Also, we had a Chianti Riserva (2004) with the lamb today, and boy! was is a nice choice. :yummy: I bought it in Germany last summer, and I think I shall have to look for it the next time I'm abroad.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Apr 2009, 19:32

I think I'm running out of beer at home. My hands have started shaking already.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 07 Apr 2009, 21:47

:lolu:
Want a Somersby? :D
- Dragon Age Origins

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 07 Apr 2009, 23:24

Kalah wrote:Picked up a Yellow Tail Shiraz (2008) today; I'm not sure about that recent vintage - I think it might not be quite ready. Anyway, if the wine sucks, I'm sending Kristo a poo-bomb as retaliation.
I'll have to look, but I think bottles sold at our stores are either 2006 or 2007. Weird. BTW, you should know that DHS marks poo-bombs Return to Sender instead of simply disposing of them. :D
Kalah wrote:Also, we had a Chianti Riserva (2004) with the lamb today, and boy! was is a nice choice. :yummy: I bought it in Germany last summer, and I think I shall have to look for it the next time I'm abroad.
Chianti does sound like a good pairing with lamb. I think the Jacob's Creek Merlot you're so fond of would be a good match as well.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Apr 2009, 12:32

I bought myself another 12-year-old Glenlivet. I've got an order in for an 18-year-old, but that wasn't in stock, so it might take a while.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 10 Apr 2009, 07:47

Well, I finally got to enjoy that Yellow Tail shiraz, and did so in the lovely company of my wife who had prepared an excellent dinner for the two of us. There was pork, pasta and salad to go with and some good Finnish cheese.

The food was superb, but to tell the truth, the wine was below my expectations. I guess it was too spicy, (something she complained about as well) with a licorice candy like aftertaste, that ruined the experience for us. The wine bottle's label mentioned the wine having a bit of vanilla taste too but this was undermined by the aforementioned taste of licorice. We chose to skip the brand if offered to us again in the future.

Oh well, you can't go wrong with Magyar Feher Bor, a splendid Hungarian white wine. By a lucky chance, there just happens to be a bottle of the stuff there in the kitchen just waiting to be enjoyed. I think I'll have some of that special drink later today.

Merry Easter everyone! :)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Apr 2009, 08:05

Yurian Stonebow wrote: Oh well, you can't go wrong with Magyar Feher Bor, a splendid Hungarian white wine.
I heard it's even better if you drink it over the corpses of slain magyars...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Apr 2009, 22:14

I found a Jacob's Creek Merlot in one of the boxes I used for moving down south, months ago. Yummy. :)

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 18 Apr 2009, 00:40

You're so down that you got bottles stashed everywhere? Ouch.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Apr 2009, 05:52

Don't act like you haven't been there. ;)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Apr 2009, 13:28

Euhm, past week was suny, so I drank beer :D. Thinking about buying wine monday, and have my way with it (just drink it out the bottle that is :P)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 29 Apr 2009, 07:49

Last weekend was a really "wet" one. I was drunk from Friday to Sunday, emptying large quantities of domestic beer, also some drinks and shots of spirits. Three bar-going nights in a row. All this came to cost me more than I imagined, draining my bank account as I drained the contents of a pint. In the end I came to suffer daily from various states of physical and mental hang-over. Yes, this is what happens when you try to drown your sorrows and the depressio mentis. Another low point passed by. No wonder my H3 map projects lag 6 weeks behind schedule...

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Apr 2009, 08:07

International labour day = time to get drunk... wish me luck
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Apr 2009, 20:43

Tried the 2007 Yellow Tail Shiraz. Absolutely horrible. Needs at least another 5 years of maturing, and the bitter metallic aftertaste I don't know how I'll get rid of.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 30 Apr 2009, 20:52

Cut out your tongue?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Apr 2009, 21:21

Chew cashew nuts.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 01 May 2009, 20:05

Metallic aftertaste!?!?? Wow. I'm not going to defend the stuff like I produce it or something, but I've had it lots of times and never experienced that. Oh well, back to Jacob's Creek for you then.

FWIW, most of the wine sold here (especially at Yellow Tail's price point) is ready to drink immediately and likely will not get better with age. Wikipedia will back me up on this.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Return to “Campfire”