Your 5 favorite bands

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Jun 2007, 15:54

Oh, let's listen:

The Cranberries
Kid Abelha
A-ha
The Corrs
Tears for Fears

For bands, I like almost all of them in a very similar degree, really difficult trying to differ these from those. But I am used to listen to solo singers most of times, which represents the songs I like the most. ;) I'm also fond of Dire Straits, Era, Enigma and Legião Urbana.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 11 Jun 2007, 16:05

Mytical wrote:Well, we know bands, how about solo artists? Top 5 favorites, must be a solo act. (Ie gwen stefani in No Doubt doesn't count, but Gwen post No Doubt does).
Hmm... I'll take bad cop on this one... I wouldn't really count stefani as a solo artist since she still has a band that plays with her even if she releases it under her own name.

It's all in the packaging.

When I think of solo artists I think more in the traditional sense.

I'd just say who is your favorite singer.

That way Gwen counts for both No Doubt and the GS band.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Jun 2007, 02:16

favourite singer is even harder, cause there are so many styles, I really like both Axl and James Hetfield for the heavy stuff, I prefer Anastacia for pop music, Ed Kowalzyk for alternative/rock and people like Colm Wilkinson and Michael Ball (who both performed in Les Miserables) for more operatic/musical style, those last two would outsing the others anyday, but perhaps not in their respective fields
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jun 2007, 02:39

Ed Kowalczyk and Live have lost themselves over the years; they never really topped "Throwing Copper". That album was something new and special, but nowadays I think they're more mainstream. I did stumble across this song featured on my fave TV show, though; it's a trip hop song by Tricky, featuring Ed. It's called "Evolution revolution love" and is pretty special. Ed's voice is suitable for many things.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Jun 2007, 03:10

it is, and they are magic live (does that become a pun when it's applied to that band? :) )

throwing copper is great, but I also really love secret samadhi and the distance to here .... birds of prey has some great songs, as does black mountain, even V is alright .... that's a comparison to the others though, as a stand alone it's excellent, I can listen to all the songs and get enjoyment!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Campfire”