Random Banter

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Random Banter

Unread postby gravyluvr » 14 Jan 2006, 20:24

Folks... The Official Praise Thread is getting bogged down with non Praise material.

Since that thread gets lots of pictures and stuff overtime we should try to keep the random banter off that thread.

Put it here instead. That way, when this one becomes useless, the mods can just close it.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jan 2006, 20:30

A very good idea. Consider this a combination of the "Local News" and "The Absence Thread" - the place to chat about everything and nothing.

Now that we have a seperate thread for this kind of talk, nonsense banter in other threads will be deleted. :devious:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jan 2006, 21:11

:right: Just chatting thread? I will bet that Scarlett will be happy! :left:

IRT: Kalah
For start why not? But later... new threads will be risen :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jan 2006, 22:23

Then I'll close them too... :devious: ... and send them this way, of course.

It did become somewhat of a problem in the old forum.. chatting going on everywhere.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jan 2006, 22:47

I had originally tried to indicate that chatting for this board is so native that one thread cannot comprehend it all without becoming too big. So here will be need to restore some more threads devoted to these slightly different chatting activities, like it was on the old board. :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 15 Jan 2006, 01:52

SO I guess if I don't want to talk about something and still want to post something meaningless I do it in this thread?

Like this post right her :proud:
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 15 Jan 2006, 02:15

And my thread closed down??? :(

I didn't see meaningless in it, thought it could be a nice example for the Round Table.

I still don't understand, if we generalise all chatting threads to one, there would be very few topics around... :|
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 15 Jan 2006, 03:16

a55a55in wrote:And my thread closed down??? :(

I didn't see meaningless in it, thought it could be a nice example for the Round Table.

I still don't understand, if we generalise all chatting threads to one, there would be very few topics around... :|
Yeah, I don't see why a55a55in's "Another Idea of the Heroes Round Table" thread was closed either. Just an example of a certain RT mod getting too big for his britches! Maybe it's time for you (and you know who you are) … to hang up your moderator shingle and become like the rest of us! What a blatant abuse of power!! :vomit:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 15 Jan 2006, 05:46

Well I didn't eman to get a whole bunch of threads locked. I just saw the random banter starting to jump the Praise thread a little to quickly so I thought this would be a good idea.

(PS: I need someone to do the next day for Yog - I don't want to double post)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Yog story

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jan 2006, 08:47

It could be that Yog sleeps the whole day after being stinged by unindentified Dragon Fly? Hence it's dangerous idea I''m first asking here what do you think about? As it may unwilingly affect his, right now, bright future....

(And, of course, it could be used only once.... so maybe, better not now?)

The Random Barter is good idea....
"We made it!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jan 2006, 14:18

IRT the complainers: So you'd like the new chatting thread closed and a55a55in's topic re-opened? I really think one thread dedicated exclusively to chatting is enough, but which thread is all the same to me..

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 15 Jan 2006, 14:53

[quote="Pol"]:right: Just chatting thread? I will bet that Scarlett will be happy! :left:

Gee. Thanks. :| I think.

Kalah! Don't be Goose! I'd hate to have to start 'Honking' at you again after all this time.

Random Chatt is called "Thread Jacking" and it happens everywhere. It just starts when one person says "Heroes wear Shoes" then someone says "I like shoes" which goes to "I like shoes with ankle straps & high heals" followed by "That's kinky" and the next thing you know you're off talking about sex.

It's just natural. No one is going to read "Heroes wear Shoes" then jump over here to this thread and talk about Kinky sex. Just doesn't happen. Conversation has a flow to it. Sometimes, you guys just need to learn to turn loose of the tiller and see where the river takes you.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jan 2006, 15:13

Yeah, I'll go for that. But then there's no need for a seperate chatting thread, wouldn't you agree?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Just chatting thread

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jan 2006, 16:19

You are getting the word separate too strictly, simply what cannot be put into any other are of campfire can be used here. Hence Random Barter - free chat without any heading topic. :yummy: (The things are going to be very funny)
..It just starts when one person says "Heroes wear Shoes" then someone says "I like shoes" which goes to "I like shoes with ankle straps & high heals" followed by "That's kinky" and the next thing you know you're off talking about sex.
Never happens to me in real life, to get from heroes to sex so fast. :rofl:
"We made it!"

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 15 Jan 2006, 16:49

SO do I mention sex now or in the next reply??? :)

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 15 Jan 2006, 17:59

ROTFLMAO!!

You guys!

(If your conversation doesn't go from Heroes to Sex in less than 6 statements, you obviously didn't attend any of MY parties. *giggle* )

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 18:39

Man,do we serbs love to celebrate!We even have a speciall celebration called...well,celebration.Each day of the year is named by one saint (st George,st Archangel(dont ask)),and you pick one as your protector.Than,at that day,you celebrate just like its christmass,new year,or any other holliday.And all your friends and familly come to eat and drink until they explode.Basically,there isnt a single day of the year that we cannot find a reason not to party!No wonder everybody gains at least 10kg every winter,since this is when most of these parties occur.

Ive just spent two days just eating and drinking and eating and drinking.....I believe that Im full for the next whole week.

Well,lets see now whats for dinner :devil:
ScarlettP wrote:ROTFLMAO!!

You guys!

(If your conversation doesn't go from Heroes to Sex in less than 6 statements, you obviously didn't attend any of MY parties. *giggle* )
Well,when the fifth part gets out,we eill need just two steps:

1)"I like dungeon"
2)"Dungeon is full of kinky sex"

:devil:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 15 Jan 2006, 19:06

LOL! I think I'd like a "Do it yourself Holiday" everyday. I recently joined another forum for people who live in my area. They have a monthly "lunch" party and a monthly "dinner" party. The idea is that if you can't get away from work or school for the lunches, you can come to the evening parties. We also recently started having a monthly "Haunt Club" meeting which closely resembles a party as we eat and talk a lot. That only leaves about one week per month where I don't have a social obligation. I've never HAD such a busy social calander!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jan 2006, 20:56

ScarlettP wrote:LOL! I think I'd like a "Do it yourself Holiday"
Oh, yes! Let's do-o-oooo it! :D

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 16 Jan 2006, 01:28

Does this thread have a topic or do we just talk about anything we want to at any given moment?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Return to “Campfire”