Winterfate's RT News Thread

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Jun 2008, 02:35

And now...after a LONG hiatus, it's time for my newest interview! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
winterfate: I have it! Muahaha!

Jenova enters the room.

Jenova: Have what?

winterfate: The Interview of the Century! :devious:

Jenova: About time...at this rate you were going to have to call it the Interview of next Century! :devious:

winterfate: Ha...very funny... :mad:

Jenova: :tongue: Anyways, what is it about?

winterfate: Tribes of the East, of course. ;)

Jenova: I see.

winterfate: Indeed! It's time for me to go to Irollan!

Jenova: Ok! One second!

Jenova casts Town Portal.

Several minutes later...

Jenova and I arrive at Irollan to talk to King "Banshee-Haiku" Findan.
The wannabe poet king is torturing his servants with verses so vile that they should only be heard during the final moments of your life; as you're listening to the Death Wail.

Several of his servants are fainted on the floor. The king takes offense and roars out...

Findan: Wake up! I'm not even half done with this poem!

One of the servants wakes up with a start and runs out of the castle, screaming out: "Let me out of this madhouse!"

The others remain as knocked out as ever.

I then cast Death Ward on myself and advance into the foul attack...

winterfate: Hello...

Findan: Oh! Winterfate! How nice to see you again! Would you like to listen to one of my poems?

winterfate: NO!!!

Findan: :mad: Why NOT?!

winterfate: I have no time to commit suicide at the moment. I'm on an important interview.

Findan: Oh...I see...

Several long seconds pass before Findan realizes the undertone of my last statement:

Findan: Hey! I resent that! Are you trying to imply something?

winterfate: Of course not. I got past the implying stage a few months ago.

Findan: :mad:

Jenova then intervenes, saying:

Jenova: Now now, fellas. Me and winter are here for more important things than poem bashing. Now then, Findan...what is your take on the new alternate upgrades that Nival has so graciously provided you?

Findan: *cools down* They're perfect! I took on 1264 Succubus Mistresses with 48 Arcane Archers, 61 High Druids and 111 Pristine Unicorns.

Jenova: 8| How did that happen?

Findan: I charged the sexy ma...er...vile demons with my Pristine Unicorns. The retaliation ripped through most of my poor horsies, but...

winterfate: Horsies? *snickers*

Jenova hushes me as an irate Findan continues...

Findan: Afterwards, I had my High Druids Channel me their Spell Power and increased from 15 to 32.

Jenova: 8| IMBA!

Findan: LIES!!

winterfate: IMBA!!!

Findan: You're just jealous I have them and you don't! :tongue:

winterfate: Well, actually...Irollan is probably going to be razed into the ground and all Sylvan basic units slain just so you can't upgrade them into their alternates.

Findan: Who would do such a thing?

winterfate: *points outside of the castle's window*

Outside there is a huge mob of the other 7 races in Tribes of the East, aligned against a common IMBA.

Findan: Aw s...

Jenova: *slaps Findan* Potty-mouth King! :tongue:

Findan: *rubs his injured cheek* Assemble the troops! We must not fall!

winterfate: This is going to be a massacre...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What will happen? Will our heroes make it out of this day? Or will the 7 Races Against Cheap Kills Society succeed in ridding the world of perhaps its most imbalanced race?

Until the next time, take care and may all your rolls be lucky! :wave:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 02 Jun 2008, 10:55

Lol, winter. :D

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 07 Jul 2008, 05:16

:D

And it continues...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Findan orders his troops to battle, RACKS has organized into one huge crowd of angry opposing units.

I look at Jenova, grinning...

winterfate: He's crazy...you know that?

Jenova: Nah. He'll probably win without casualties. Those guys are IMBA!

Findan: *overhears the comment* No, they're not!

winterfate & Jenova: Yes they are!

Findan ignores the retort and the battle begins.

First to advance are the Demons. Seeing as how they have massive Attack but pathetic Defense, waiting will not be an option.

The Horned Grunts climb the castle walls, only to be shot down by the Arcane Archer's arrows.

Findan then orders the Archers to rain arrows on their foes...

For a few seconds, nothing is heard. Suddenly, a rain of IMBA arrows rains down on its targets, namely the whole Inferno Army. All of them die instantly, unable to even resist the power of the Arcane IMBArcher.

Findan: Look at what 15 Arcane Archers can do!

winterfate: *facepalm*

Jenova: Findan?

Findan: Yes?

Jenova: Try adding 2 zeros to your number...

Findan counts the Arcane Archers again and sighs..

Findan: But there's too many to count...

Jenova: *facepalm* That's why stack size classifications exist...call your army a Legion of Arcane Archers.

Findan: Ok...

The next army to march forward are the Undead. Mindless, stupid, yet unrelenting, the Undead are more than a match for most races. However...

*cue rain of arrows*

After the first barrage, only the Skeleton Warriors remain, and that only because of their immensely protective Large Shields. Their hero, Raven, roars out:

"Charge!"

The three Legions of Skeleton Warriors race towards the castle walls, climbing them. They manage to reach the top, to the cheerful surprise of RACKS. However...

Findan: Pristine Horsies! Charge!

winterfate: *snickers* Horsies...

Findan: Silence! Charge!

The Pristine Unicorns charge towards the would-be attackers, breaking a total of 2/3 of the conglomeration of bones that is the Skeleton Warrior army. However, the remaining Warriors retaliate and kill all of the Unicorns.

Findan then chants a spell of Resurrection, aiming it at one of the Pristines. All of the other Unicorns are instantly revived as well.

Screams of IMBA can be heard from the siegers, and also from the defenders. Findan orders everyone to remain silent.

The Unicorns proceed to sweep the remainder of the Necromancer army, much to Raven's angst.

Third in line are the Dwarves. Up to a certain point, their Runic Magic has been called IMBA. Not to mention, their upgraded Thanes are a force to be reckoned with...

However,

*cue rain of arrows*

This time, only the Skirmishers die...since spear-toting dwarves that throw like pansies deserve to die. :devil:

Dwarven defensive formations are a hard thing to breach, something that Findan has found out the hard way.

Findan: Darn...

The Dwarves advance on Findan's position. However, another IMBA element of the Sylvan army was to show its face...

A throng of Crystal Dragons fly forth from Syris Thalla and start attacking the Dwarven Formation with their Prismatic Breath. Breaking through their army like only IMBA units can, the Dwarven army is rendered useless in one attack. The leader of that army had only enough time to curse the ineptitude of his forces and also curse Nival for relegating him to the position of "brother who gets pwned on a regular basis". Rolf leaves in shame...

The battlefield is a mess now. After all, what could possibly oppose the Arcane Archer IMBA, when no one could get close enough to Frenzy, PM, Blind or Confuse them?

Answer: You don't move in to counter them. ;)

The Warlock Yrbeth looks at her forces, and also at the remaining forces of the RACKS, and exclaims:

"This ends now! Irollan must fall! For the Balance!"

Yrbeth then casts an Empowered Armageddon. Luck is on her side as the Armageddon comes down doubly strong, right into the castle. The main tower is instantly destroyed by the comet and the impact wipes out the Arcane Archers. Unfortunately, Yrbeth forgot that Red Dragons are not Magic Immune, and so wiped her own forces completely as well. After all, what can you do when you're only producing 14 Assassins and 10 Blood Furies a week? :tongue:

Findan looks at his decimated Arcane Archers and says:

Findan: High Druids! Channel me your power!!!

As the High Druids chant their song of Channeling, Findan's eyes start glowing and he casts Resurrection. All of the Arcane Archers come back to life instantly and rain some more arrows on the remaining forces of RACKS.

At the end of the rain, only the Orcs remain. The other heroes whine that the game will forever be tarnished by the IMBA of the Sylvan army...

Will the Orcs be able to turn the tables on King Findan? Will the greatest IMBA of Heroes 5 survive? Why am I asking all of these questions as if it mattered?

Until the next time, take care and may all your rolls be lucky! :wave:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Jul 2008, 12:45

ROFL :D

But where's Haven and Academy?

No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 08 Jul 2008, 14:24

The God of Balance seems to be upset...

...or maybe not Image

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 13 Jul 2008, 20:45

Thanks for the feedback guys! :D

@Asheera: Well, I had originally thought of them getting wiped out by the arrows...but I've thought of some better ideas now.

Of course, that'll be once I get back to it (I do tend to let this thread die for random periods of time. ;))

Also, if you guys haven't already, read through the whole thread and have fun reading through my many other interviews/stories. :D

Return to “Campfire”