Game: Questions and answers - how well do you know Heroes?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Apr 2007, 17:07

Could it be:
Rampart: Elfwind, Gladeroot, Still Water
Tower: Cloudfire, Cloudspire, Silverspire, Silverwing
Inferno: Blackburn, Cinderspire
Necropolis: Blackquarter, Dark Cloud
Dungeon: Shadowden, Darkhold, Blindroot, Chillwater
Stronghold: Strongglen, Stronggale
Fortress: Deadwood, Edgewater
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 06 Apr 2007, 07:02

you have got 2 wrong.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Apr 2007, 10:12

very nice. You have got only one wrong.
You meant Strongglen? This can be both, either Rampart or Stronghold. That's the only dual town I think ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Apr 2007, 11:17

Rampart: Elfwind, Gladeroot, Still Water
Tower: Cloudfire, Cloudspire, Silverspire, Silverwing, Stronggale, Cinderspire
Inferno: Blackburn
Necropolis: Blackquarter, Dark Cloud
Dungeon: Shadowden, Darkhold, Blindroot, Chillwater
Stronghold: Strongglen
Fortress: Deadwood, Edgewater

How about now? i love guessing games
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 06 Apr 2007, 19:10

Pol wrote:
very nice. You have got only one wrong.
You meant Strongglen? This can be both, either Rampart or Stronghold. That's the only dual town I think ;)
Hmm yes. I meant that. I was not aware of that it is a "dual" town. So I guess the right answer would be to put it to both places. But in principle grobblewobble was right. So Pol or grobblewobble can ask a next question - whoever gets to it first ;)

grobblewobble
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby grobblewobble » 06 Apr 2007, 21:14

And I'm first! Muhaha. :devil:

Ok, this question will be about H2, hope that's allowed?

In H2 with extension, you can buy ghosts, which can make the game notoriously unbalanced. You can get very large numbers of ghosts if you only have a few, by attacking neutral stacks. But even if there are no large neutral stacks, there is a special trick to get many many ghosts.

How does this work, and what is the limiting factor to the number of ghosts you can get this way?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Apr 2007, 21:54

Not the most exact question as you can prob fight weak enemy heroes/town to get more, but I'm thinking using the resurrect spell to keep the neutrals alive.... (i have no idea if that works).

grobblewobble
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby grobblewobble » 07 Apr 2007, 20:34

Let's say there are no towns to conquer and the enemy is too strong to attack directly or too far away or both.

You can't use the ressurect spell on enemies, so that's not the answer.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Apr 2007, 22:08

What about using a "Miror Image" on yr stack(s) to be consumated by not so large stack of enemy ghosts in your later favour - so being devoured gratefully by your ghosts ?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 08 Apr 2007, 08:32

Pol wrote:What about using a "Miror Image" on yr stack(s) to be consumated by not so large stack of enemy ghosts in your later favour - so being devoured gratefully by your ghosts ?
Having haunt mine and mirror image would be a nice combo. But haunt mine isn't that common spell in guilds and in first fights against the summoned ghosts you must be careful with not loosing your own troops. mirroring a high number stack of yours is definately a bad idea. Sacrificing a few peasants or other low levels might be the best and have some strong stacks that take care of neutral ghosts who get too though for your own ghosts.

grobblewobble
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby grobblewobble » 10 Apr 2007, 06:45

Congrats to silence for the right answer. Haunt mine + mirror image is the trick I was referring to.
But haunt mine isn't that common spell in guilds and in first fights against the summoned ghosts you must be careful with not loosing your own troops.
Agreed, these are the drawbacks.
mirroring a high number stack of yours is definately a bad idea
I understand why you are saying this, but it is not as dangerous as it may seem. Did you actually try it? Winning a battle where you have mirrored a large stack of your own ghosts to be consumed by a mine ghost is a piece of cake! Your large stack will have the initiative to attack the enemy stack, and because both stacks are roughly equal size, you will win for that reason alone. Cast a spell like steelskin or bloodlust on your own stack and victory is garanteed.

With this trick your stack size will grow exponentially. The only limiting factor to the number of ghosts you can get is the fact that a stack can't contain more than 32K units, because that will result in overflow and a negative quantity. So you shouldn't be too greedy. 20K ghosts is enough to win any conceivable battle, anyway. :)

Silence, your turn.

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 10 Apr 2007, 09:53

grobblewobble wrote: I understand why you are saying this, but it is not as dangerous as it may seem. Did you actually try it?
Not really. I usually avoid ghosts in my army since they tend to make the game boring :)

Question:
Armageddons blade is not a combination artifact that can be made by gathering the pieces. According to the story, however, three ordinary artifacts were used for AB forging. Which ones?

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 13 Apr 2007, 07:44

Silence wrote: Question:
Armageddons blade is not a combination artifact that can be made by gathering the pieces. According to the story, however, three ordinary artifacts were used for AB forging. Which ones?
Eh, it is not THAT hard. There has to be a blade, something that gives you the power to cast the spell and something to protect your own creatures.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Apr 2007, 18:53

One Sword of Hellfire
One Shield of Damned
One Breastplate of Birmstone
One Dead Khazandar (not required)
One Dead Khazandar's Appretince (also not required, let call them a bonus)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That all forged together give us an Armageddon Blade. ;)
"We made it!"

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 14 Apr 2007, 21:01

Pol wrote:One Sword of Hellfire
One Shield of Damned
One Breastplate of Birmstone
One Dead Khazandar (not required)
One Dead Khazandar's Appretince (also not required, let call them a bonus)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That all forged together give us an Armageddon Blade. ;)
For forging the blade you need the smith and appretince alive, don't you? Everything else I agree with. Go ahead with next question.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Apr 2007, 21:37

For having the happy feeling after the blade was forged you (as Xenofex) had kill them. So, they are part of soup :D

"Immediately after I will be able to figure some good question it will be here. I promise (probably tomorrow)."
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Apr 2007, 07:14

Ok, something easy. How you can discover if you can expect events in any area? (Homm3)

And for example make it on the first try in the Cave of Gerfrex?
"We made it!"

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 02 May 2007, 08:26

hehe. Open a map editor?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 May 2007, 09:25

Err, no. But if you wish I can give here right reply - it was long time.

At least one more try? :D
"We made it!"

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 02 May 2007, 09:36

Encounter a script?
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Return to “Campfire”