Describe the Mutated Giant Whale (nominations)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Describe the Mutated Giant Whale (nominations)

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Jan 2006, 21:03

Since theres a lot of confusion about this creatures appereance,Ive decided to end it once and for all!All of you that have ever seen,or just glanced at this creature,post your descriptions here.

Note:Since the sixed game isnt approved,this is a nomination board.Those that I find most worthy will be in a poll so we can democratically decide how this gargantuan actually looks like.

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 11 Jan 2006, 22:22

The Mutated Gaint Whale is a being of insanely proportions. At first glance it might look like an ordinary whale, just huuuge, but that is a mistake.

It's skin is Mutagen-green and it's eyes are as red as Redwood. It has a great hairy horn on it's forehead and it walks on three fat little legs (not the horn, the whale). The four tentacles that grows out of it's Yoda-like ears can all spew out a fog of purple death on the whales' unsuspecting victims. Both Chuck Norris and Dumbledore died a painful death from this fog. The whale also has a scorpion-like tail and nasty big pointy teeth.
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Jan 2006, 22:37

Well the thing about the Mutated Gaint Whale is that it's a whale and its gaint... and also mutated... Oh, and it has tentacles and a horn.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 11 Jan 2006, 23:16

The Mutated Giant Whale….Where do I begin?

The song of the Mutated Giant Whale is that of 10,000 people scratching their fingernails across chalkboards at the exact same time, in the exact same room. The breath of the Mutated Giant Whale can put a skunk to shame, even if that skunk’s spray was amplified 100 times. The Mutated Giant Whale’s teeth have rotted to the point that you would be disgusted to even look at them. Strangely enough, though, they don’t seem to bother this great behemoth. The Mutated Giant Whale has long white/silver tangle hair coming from its head that sweeps the ground as the whale floats, magically, across it, feeling more at home in the air than anywhere else. The tongue of the Mutated Giant Whale is that of a giant toad. And its tail resembles a porcupine’s. And, lastly, I shall mention its size and weight. If it ever stopped floating over a range of mountains, when it got back up, only plains would remain.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 12 Jan 2006, 02:52

I think the Giant Mutated Whale is definitely rendered like a Mr. Big (Bert I. Gordon) production or a Roger Corman presentation.

The Whale has to be absolutely huge and the colors need to be bright and pop off the screen. Optic Yellow or Bright Green Skin with violently blasting blue and white water from the blow hole, with bulging bright red eyes, Giant White Teeth too big for the mouth Chomping, a huge swinging tail with colorful spikes on it, people running and screaming from it...

In case you don't know the references...

Mr. Big
=-=-=-=-=-=
Image Image Image

Roger Corman
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Image Image Image
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Jan 2006, 04:18

I think you've all gone off the deep end here. Actually, the Mutated Whale is just a misunderstood cross between a mermaid and a sea monster. All she really wants to do is swallow up whole ships in a single gulp and burp loud enough to cause a massive tsunami … large enough to engulf the whole planet!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Jan 2006, 04:43

Hmm...I wonder how sea monster and a mermaid can be bred toghether.It must hurt like hell :devil:

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 12 Jan 2006, 08:49

DaemianLucifer wrote:Hmm...I wonder how sea monster and a mermaid can be bred toghether.It must hurt like hell :devil:
Eeew... Bad image.
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 10:07

DaemianLucifer wrote:Hmm...I wonder how sea monster and a mermaid can be bred toghether.It must hurt like hell :devil:

I was informed that, ahem.... lubrification is the key. :embarrased:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Jan 2006, 12:16

The mutated Gaint whale is so large that it can hardly be described (This is actually not just a way for a lazy writer to get off with something halfbaked: the thing is so Gaint that it is impossible to behold all of it at once without placing either it or yourself in orbit around Axeoth). Descriptions of it also vary according to the teller, but the things that usually comes up is it strange colouration (everything from the purest sky-blue to bright purple and green dots on brown), it's long and venomous tentacles and the rabid looks in it's eyes. Oh, and it's big, nasty, pointy teeth and strong hindlegs which makes it able to jump about |------this------| far.

This gargantuan is believed to sustain itself on Sea Monsters, but ships sent out to study it has invariably failed to return (not that there has been an awful lot of those, mind you).
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jan 2006, 13:57

The Mutated Giant Whale is somewhat of a mystery. It first appears in a journal kept by the famous explorer Wágabu in the 1290s, but the descriptions have been accredited to superstition by modern historians. Some time in the late 1950s, however, fishermen off the coast of Bermuda have also reported encounters with a strange beast - alledgedly of immense size.

Scientists interviewed the fishermen and concluded that the sighting was that of a normal whale - possibly somewhat larger than a median animal. The growths on the sides of the great creature, loosely described as "tentacles", were believed to be the remains of a giant squid, as it is well known that these whales hunt for squid.

The fur said to have been on the creature's back were probably some kind of sea plants growing on the whale, scientists say.

They have dismissed the report that the whale was singing "All shook up" in a clear, loud voice as pure fiction.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jan 2006, 09:20

Since the poll is opened,Id like this thread closed.However,its up to the moderators now,so it may still remain opened,but no more descriptions will be acepted,for now :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jan 2006, 09:39

It's good that I managed to finish my longwinded and complex description in time to post it, aye. :proud:

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 09 Jan 2007, 22:51

i think we need a poll addressing the spelling.. giant or gaint, but i'm to lazy.
I quote the sentence under the head banner;
"Bring me a slave, a fresh one, and towels for the blood."

and my whip! yes, bring me my whip!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jan 2007, 22:54

vulnevia wrote:i think we need a poll addressing the spelling.. giant or gaint, but i'm to lazy.
The original is gaint,so its gaint™! :devil:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Jan 2007, 22:56

Why would you say: "a fresh" slave? I mean, once the slave is dead it's not really fresh anymore, is it? So why not just say "live" slave, or skip the adjective altogether and just say "slave"? Meh...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jan 2007, 23:00

It doesnt "say fresh slave",it says "bring me a slave,a fresh one...",meaning you ask for two slaves actually.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jan 2007, 23:50

Obviously he wants a freshly enslaved slave, not one of those career slaves that can just go through the motions out of habit.

Mutated Gaint Whale™ was always the original name, all others are just mutations. :devil:

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 10 Jan 2007, 01:52

Some UNIX lore: Gaim is a instant messaging client for UNIX/Linux systems. There is a plugin for Gaim called GAINT which means "Gaim is not Telnet". (It allows a Gaim client to interface with mIRC servers.)

Perhaps these Gaint Whales are using instant messaging for their songs.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 10 Jan 2007, 03:28

Are we digging up one year old threads now? Who got nostalgic?

The Gaint Whale likes to eat Mermaids... That's why they love him!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Return to “Campfire”