Funny habits!

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Funny habits!

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jan 2007, 20:15

I had warned you I would make a more cheerful thread! The 'introduce yourself' thread that opened recently gave me the idea to make this one, so I proudly present...

The Funny Habits Thread :gong:

We all are unique in one way or another. And one thing that clearly shows that, is the way we behave on our everyday lives depending on the situations.
When a certain situation arises one can expect us to act in a specific way or think/be reminded of something. Several little things either flaws or funny reactions that we love to discover when getting to know someone :)

Some examples:

A friend of mine after finishing his food has the habit of shaping what is left as some grains of rice, sauce etc into a glyph-like shape. Yep he is an rpg fan!

My sister when in front of the pc(usually in msn :) ) does not have the will to retaliate no matter how much I will tease her. She will occasionally swear. And laugh when she finds out that I occasionally record that with my cellphone too!

Sometimes I tend to associate certain songs with a colour. When for instance I hear coldplay's clocks, light green comes to mind.Or grey with requiem for a dream. Weird.

Another friend of mine will usually try to sneak on me when we are to meet somewhere.Of course if I get there first...:D

Sometimes in my dreams I can feel what I touch, the heat from some objects and occasionally pain. Once I pinched myself to see if it was a dream and thought: 'ok it hurts, no dream.' I woke up afterwards 8|

When someone wakes me up in the morning with a call I get up immediately, bursting with adrenaline and having a clear head to respond as if I've been awake for some time. When the call ends I immediately fall asleep and usually forget whatever was said!

We have a wish in Greece for annual happenings. In English it would be something like 'next year too!' My friend tends to say that in weddings! :devious:

What about you? Anything funny to share? B-)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Jan 2007, 20:23

I have an obsession with putting people's hoods on their heads.
Sometimes I also have this wierd perfectionist streak that comes and goes.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Funny habits!

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2007, 20:28

Elvin wrote: Sometimes in my dreams I can feel what I touch, the heat from some objects and occasionally pain. Once I pinched myself to see if it was a dream and thought: 'ok it hurts, no dream.' I woke up afterwards 8|
Thats an excelent thing if you have wet dreams :devil:

I have a habit of araging things on a table so that none of them touches the other or the edge.

While I am in a deep slumber(because Im extremelly tired),and someone tries to wake me,I can sleep walk(and many other things).I even spoke on the phone in this state numerous times.I even ate.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jan 2007, 20:40

DaemianLucifer wrote: While I am in a deep slumber(because Im extremelly tired),and someone tries to wake me,I can sleep walk(and many other things).I even spoke on the phone in this state numerous times.I even ate.
Huh? I didn't think it was possible. Could be fun if you had a roommate! ;) For you that is! Anyway, I've heard it's dangerous to wake up somebody who sleep walks, is that right?
- Metathron

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jan 2007, 20:45

I always put my used napkin on the plate, covering the leftovers (it's really rare leaving some, anyway), :) so I can avoid remembering that I paid for that and I'm not eating - worst, just throwing away food is a sin (er, not in religious speech, I mean). :disagree:

I like making things right. I don't use slangs, for instance, just if I'm just joking (and I reeeeally try hard). I don't like writing Portuguese wrong - English I can't help it. :-D I'm most of those who can't bear seeing a frame that is not settled perfectly on the wall. To top it all, I'm extremely perfeccionist on the things I do that I know I can do better.

I always wash the dishes starting from the plates, then the cups, panels and the rest, in that order. If I wash in another order, I end up breaking something or just starting to feel back pains. :D

I usually draw pictures at night. During the day, I cannot focus on anything but doing something outside home, but drawing.

I read many books at once, and I keep switching them. There were times where the contents matched somehow and I had to laugh.

When I eat, I also eat kinds of food first and others later. I always leave meat as the last. I eat mostly grains, pasta and salad first. I also always put a juicy fruit with my lunch, so I don't need to drink water. Watermellon with a juicy steak is a dream-lunch for me. :D

Oh, and I evently bump on things quite fiercely when I'm sleepy. So, when I start becoming sleep, I must settle myself away from people and things, because I can just punch something. Two days ago I've thrown my cell phone through the bedroom because I was holding it awaiting the alarm. :proud: The I suddenly twitched my arm and threw the cell phone astray.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2007, 20:49

Elvin wrote: I've heard it's dangerous to wake up somebody who sleep walks, is that right?
Its pure superstition.It is dangerous if the sleepwalker is in a dangerous place(on a narow beam or something),because while their balance is perfect while unconcious,once woken,they might loose it.
Panda Tar wrote: I always wash the dishes starting from the plates, then the cups, panels and the rest, in that order. If I wash in another order, I end up breaking something or just starting to feel back pains. :D
I always wash them in the washing machine :devil:
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 10 Jan 2007, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Jan 2007, 20:51

Panda Tar wrote:To top it all, I'm extremely perfeccionist on the things I do that I know I can do better.
I hear you on that one. That perfectionist streak of mine hits in precisely in that sort of situations. Sometimes though, I have to remind myself that nothing's perfect and tone it down.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jan 2007, 20:56

I sometimes post in this forum...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jan 2007, 20:57

theLuckyDragon wrote:
Panda Tar wrote:To top it all, I'm extremely perfeccionist on the things I do that I know I can do better.
I hear you on that one. That perfectionist streak of mine hits in precisely in that sort of situations. Sometimes though, I have to remind myself that nothing's perfect and tone it down.
Yeah, I also do that. It's really comforting that it doesn't affect me when it's about something somebody does. :-D That's good for keeping a friendly atmosphere.
DaemianLucifer wrote: I always wash them in the washing machine :devil:
So, you don't wash them. :tongue:
My washing machine is not better than me. It doesn't wash the dishes with love. :devil:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 10 Jan 2007, 21:20

Elvin wrote:Sometimes I tend to associate certain songs with a colour. When for instance I hear coldplay's clocks, light green comes to mind.Or grey with requiem for a dream. Weird.
Sounds more like mild Synestheisa than a habit to me.

I also have this habit of deleting spam when I see it...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2007, 21:25

Gaidal Cain wrote: I also have this habit of deleting spam when I see it...
Then you must be blind:
ThunderTitan wrote:I sometimes post in this forum...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jan 2007, 22:03

I have had many small things through the years (mostly in my early teens), some of which can be considered almost obsessive compulsive... Let's see...

- biting my fingernails
- stretching my neck, thus putting my chin forward - for no particular reason
- trying to catch those almost invisible dust particles between my fingers - for no particular reason
- repeating the last word of a sentence (to myself) to make it an even number of times
- putting my glass/cup down an even number of times after drinking from it
- making strange gargling/whining noises to myself

There are probably many more, but I can't think of them at the moment. Anyway, I got rid of all my habits long time ago - I am now completely normal, normal, normal, normal.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jan 2007, 22:05

Gaidal Cain wrote: Sounds more like mild Synestheisa than a habit to me.
I hear it for the first time. The only other case I have heard was a girl who used to associate numbers with colour.

Some more:

When I wake up, to avoid falling asleep again I place my alarm clock out of reach. Inevitably I will have to get up to make it stop!

Whenever I'm bored in class I will draw sketches :D My notebook sometimes is filled with them!

My sister when playing with a gamepad, she leans to the right when the jump to the right is very big! Can't help but laugh when I see it! :-D

Before paying at a cafeteria I will always play with my change or rearrange them. Don't you just love that?

And of course when I have a straw I will make a hole in the icecube! When you slowly drink through the straw, placed just above it, it slowly drills the icecube until the straw reaches the other side.
- Metathron

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jan 2007, 22:08

Kalah wrote: - making strange gargling/whining noises to myself
There are people who don't? :-D Hehe! Many of the things I mention have gone away for some time. Still funny to remember them though!
- Metathron

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2007, 22:19

Elvin wrote: My sister when playing with a gamepad, she leans to the right when the jump to the right is very big! Can't help but laugh when I see it! :-D
Heh!I have a similar thing,when leaning in FPS games,I tend to lean to see whats on the other side of the monitor :D

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 10 Jan 2007, 22:40

Kalah wrote: - biting my fingernails
I have some habbits like biting fingernails (and cracking my knuckles) which I tend to do more when I am really drunk.

My odd one? I can not stand still when I am on the phone. I pace from room to room. go outside. walk around some more. Thank god for the cell phone and cordless phone. People used to get mad at me years ago because I would ruin the cords because of this habbit.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jan 2007, 22:44

You are in a better position than me. I pace around even when I am waiting for someone, not just on phone.
- Metathron

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Jan 2007, 23:39

I walk through hardware stores wondering "How can I wear this?"

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 11 Jan 2007, 03:59

You people are deeply disturbed and should be locked away immediately.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 11 Jan 2007, 04:42

My odd one? I can not stand still when I am on the phone. I pace from room to room. go outside. walk around some more. Thank god for the cell phone and cordless phone. People used to get mad at me years ago because I would ruin the cords because of this habbit.
:rofl: The same thing happens to me too.

I also rip (yup not bite, rip) my fingernails. I have this thing too where if I put something somewhere I have to check (and check several times) to make sure it's there (as if it could run off... :) ).
You people are deeply disturbed and should be locked away immediately.
Perhaps. However, let the person with no weird habits close the first door. I bet'cha no one will be able to close the door. ;)

Habits are a part of being human.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Return to “Campfire”