ASIANS...We got one more week to go..

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

ASIANS...We got one more week to go..

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 10 Jan 2007, 01:48

As everyone living in the Asian continent had known, the Internet service is down due to the earthquake in Taiwan that damaged several important underwater cables. Billions of Internet users are forced to wait for the connection to improve, while others who desperately need the Internet for blogs or World of Warcraft, their hopes dashed as they missed out their New Year blogs for 2007. (Santa must have marked Asia BAD)

It's been 2 weeks already, and although the Internet connection has some noticable imporvement, People are still having problem with MMORPG or other stuff involving downloading or uploading. They estimated the repairs will take 3 weeks, and the connection will improve each passing day, but I'm having a fun ride of ups and downs of the Internet. Some days the Internet connection seems wonderful, then minutes later it slows down till none of the webpages can be loaded. It gets awkward when people would cheer when a page has been successfully loaded, which later on, some dudes start praying to ANY God for a successful and UN-interrupted online gaming session.

Damn, I had enough of this Chrismas Present, PLEASE repair the cables as fast as possible. :beg:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: ASIANS...We got one more week to go..

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2007, 02:11

a55a55in wrote:Billions of Internet users are forced to wait for the connection to improve, while others who desperately need the Internet for blogs or World of Warcraft, their hopes dashed as they missed out their New Year blogs for 2007
:lolu: :lolu: :rofl: :rofl: If you said bussines or auction or something like that.But basically,you are saying that billions have no life :rofl: :rofl:

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 10 Jan 2007, 03:55

Meh, who gives a ***** about business. We make MILLIONS everyday through Internet. That's why we desperately need it. (in World of Warcraft, of course)

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Jan 2007, 04:21

I think my son would dig his on guts out with a FORK if he lost World of Warcraft connections that long.

Sorry to hear you're all haveing so much trouble.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 10 Jan 2007, 04:32

Thanks for explaining why some of us have'nt heard from our Asian friends. On the Map Archives, they are some of the more active participants from all around the world. Hope to see them back soon.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 10 Jan 2007, 09:07

It worked here now. At a rate of 5 minutes per page though :(

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jan 2007, 10:37

Wow, I'm really outdate. I haven't even known that there was this earthquake at all (nor felt it :tongue:). I just knew there was a big problem somewhere in Asia, but I wouldn't hear further ado.

Besides, most of the news I have been listening to are about Indonesia. That tsunami, a typhoon, airplane falling, a ship sinking. Maybe I just turn on the TV on wrong times. :tired:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 10 Jan 2007, 12:44

Oh, Schadenfreude!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Jan 2007, 12:46

WTF is Schadenfreude?

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 10 Jan 2007, 13:01

BoardGuest808888 wrote:It worked here now. At a rate of 5 minutes per page though :(
It took me approximately 7 minutes and 3 attempts to load THIS page. :(

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 10 Jan 2007, 13:03

Sorry, but.... MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 10 Jan 2007, 16:53

ScarlettP wrote:WTF is Schadenfreude?
The joy of other people's misery :disagree:

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 10 Jan 2007, 18:27

The best kind of joy! Making people happy since the first humanlike ape fell off the tree and broke his neck.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jan 2007, 20:37

Robenhagen wrote:
The joy of other people's misery :disagree:
Is there any other kind? ;|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Campfire”