Our true look [images]

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Mar 2008, 02:50

looks like a lot of fun .... that is one green green! :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Mar 2008, 11:04

Why are you so white?! Been dabbling in Necromancy?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 18 Mar 2008, 00:16

Corribus wrote:Is that a Guiness!?? :oex:
In front of me... YES it is! The other two ladies were drinking the green beer. *bleck* It was some American brewed 'lite' beer.
ThunderTitan wrote:Why are you so white?! Been dabbling in Necromancy?!
Because I prefer my skin to remain it's natural color. Therefore, even at my age, it is amazingly soft and smooth... not all leathery like most women 1/2 my age who live in tanning booths working on skin cancer. :tonguehands:

And - for the record, I'm not 'White', I'm 'FAIR'.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Mar 2008, 04:30

:D

and I'm white .... though call me fair, albino, whatever as you please :)
In front of me... YES it is! The other two ladies were drinking the green beer. *bleck* It was some American brewed 'lite' beer
american beer *shudders* :ill:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 18 Mar 2008, 12:36

As Ethric repeated "American beer is like sex in a canoe..."

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 18 Mar 2008, 12:44

ScarlettP wrote:As Ethric repeated "American beer is like sex in a canoe..."
Too much water involved?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Mar 2008, 12:50

"... it's f...ing close to water."

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 18 Mar 2008, 12:58

Thank you, Angel. For once in my life, I was trying to be polite.

*I know that's shocking*

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 Mar 2008, 14:01

asandir wrote:american beer *shudders* :ill:
Man you have no idea what you're talking about.
As Ethric repeated "American beer is like sex in a canoe..."
Neither does ethric.

I will be the first to admit that the best beer in the world comes from Belgium. But the 2nd best beer in the world comes from the USA. If you think that all American beer is synonymous with Bud Light or Coors, then you need to expand your palate at little and try some American craft brews.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2008, 14:19

Corribus wrote: will be the first to admit that the best beer in the world comes from Belgium. But the 2nd best beer in the world comes from the USA.
I must somewhat disagree with that. Cause I'm from land of beer and this is not sounding plausible at all...

..unsure if USA beer qualify somewhat in general...

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 Mar 2008, 14:28

Pol, where are you from?

Also, one thing you have to realize about American beer is the sheer variety of styles that are available. Pick a style and yes, somewhere, some American brewer has figured out how to do it extremely well.

Sorry, I take my beer very seriously and I won't stand people saying American beer sucks. :D
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2008, 15:11

I'm from Czech Republic.

The trouble with American beer is, well, here is just not any tradition of bewery. All these brands are originated from the various places of europian land...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Mar 2008, 16:17

I don't really care about traditions. If a friend recommends a New England beer I was not familiar with, I'll certainly try to find a bottle somewhere.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 Mar 2008, 16:45

Pol wrote:The trouble with American beer is, well, here is just not any tradition of bewery. All these brands are originated from the various places of europian land...
Well, it's not really fair to criticize American brewers for not inventing brewing techniques. They were invented in Europe hundreds of years before America existed!

And second, nevertheless, if you think that American breweries are not inventive in the way they brew their beers, you need to try more American beers. Many of the styles and flavors in American brews are very different from anything I've ever seen from Europe, which tends to be, by your own words, more traditional.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2008, 20:47

Angelspit wrote:I don't really care about traditions. If a friend recommends a New England beer I was not familiar with, I'll certainly try to find a bottle somewhere.
Well, the afinity between original and devoted receptures is somewhat high... so it's question if to count the clones.
(However high affinity in a good brands means usually good satisfaction on both sides.)
Well, it's not really fair to criticize American brewers for not inventing brewing techniques. They were invented in Europe hundreds of years before America existed!
Beer is probably originated from Summer. Take it like one of theirs nice discoveries. :devious:

Do I need to say that here in Europe I cannot test American beer even if I really wanted?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 Mar 2008, 20:56

Pol wrote:Do I need to say that here in Europe I cannot test American beer even if I really wanted?
Sounds like a reason to take a little trip across the pond, my friend. :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2008, 21:04

Corribus wrote: Sounds like a reason to take a little trip across the pond, my friend. :)
Hmm, maybe once. :D
"We made it!"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Mar 2008, 21:08

gee that got things stirred up :D

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Mar 2008, 21:28

Corribus wrote:They were invented in Europe hundreds of years before America existed!
135 Million Years BC: Dinosaurs invent brewing, soon after, Americas is formed.

:D

But to return to the topic at hand (which might fit better in an older thread): I've had american beers, both from Samuel Adams and Brooklyn. They were certainly not worse than some european beers I've had.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 19 Mar 2008, 01:57

LOL! Actually, I agree with Corribus that the US Micro Breweries come up with some excellent products. They are just difficult to find in most 'beer joints.' When I refer to "American Beer", I actually mean the big ones, like Budweiser, Coors, Miller, and *gag* Pabst Blue Ribbon! Those are the ones most widely distributed and most well know, giving all American beers a bad name. (Sort of like Australian Table wines! *nudge nudge winky winky*)

As Cain mentioned, Samuel Adams puts out some wonderful dark ales. There are annual beer tasting festivals sponsored by the Micro Breweries to introduce people to the amazing varieties available to those who look passed the corner market for refreshments.

Return to “Campfire”