The 'Where are you from?' Thread

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 11 Jan 2006, 12:27

I come from Finland... unless proven otherwise.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 11 Jan 2006, 13:35

gravyluvr wrote:
ScarlettP wrote:I'm now 'pinned'.
That's not a first for you is it?
Nope. Far from a first. I've been 'pinned' in all kinds of ways. If you want details, I'll send you a PM.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 11 Jan 2006, 13:58

Bleh, apparently my hometown isn't good enough. Student residence it is.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

urbanmonk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby urbanmonk » 12 Jan 2006, 19:37

Oregon USA, which is N of California ;]

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 20:04

As per my sig:
The town with the Capitol, in the kingdom shaped like a fish, on the continent with a boot ...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Jan 2006, 20:19

That's hilarious :-D . I wonder how many people on the forums can solve that little riddle.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jan 2006, 20:22

The town where I live is located in the middle of the Middle Europe. As usually it's rampant around the river. And its name in translation means something like "sill".

Here are everywhere mostly gothic buildings in the old centre and new ugly prefarb cages on the borders. But, everything together looks, somehow good, uh, ...familiar?

Here lived Faust btw, the first popular "demon" summoner. And Levi, first known golem creator and same others similar peoples in the deep past :libra:

The town with the Capitol, in the kingdom shaped like a fish, on the continent with a boot ...

It could be that here is also located Angelic castle?
Last edited by Pol on 12 Jan 2006, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Jan 2006, 20:24

It says Prague at your Location, Pol.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Sure

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jan 2006, 20:28

Yes, as I have it in profile I didn't mentioned it in the portrayal directly :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 20:29

theLuckyDragon wrote:That's hilarious :-D . I wonder how many people on the forums can solve that little riddle.

BTW, everybody please don't post it here or anywhere on the board if you figure it out. PM me and I'll tell you if ur right. Keep the mystery alive. :D :shh:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Jan 2006, 20:39

I had a similar riddle in my description on the Heroespedia site:
The dragon's den lies somewhere in the Mountains, far to the East, on the banks of a river the Ancients called "the Dark Water", near the ruins of a long lost city... Here the dragon spends his days unraveling the mysteries of the worlds that are beyond the confines of our little Earth. The marvels of Antagarich and Enroth and Axeoth have never ceased to amaze him.
And add Ashan to that list. :-D

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Jan 2006, 20:46

Pol wrote:And its name in translation means something like "sill".
Herring?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jan 2006, 20:50

Nono, in the translation to english :D, as tLD noticed, the only right hint is hidden under my portrait..

Well, to be honest, I cannot say yes or no definitively, as I don't understand what is written on the page where you pinpoint me. The one language in which it it is is not the one from what I possesed. And in english it's herring and not sill, so it's not match at all :creative: :D
Last edited by Pol on 12 Jan 2006, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Jan 2006, 20:56

Yes, I know. I just though it was funny with "sill". BTW, which of thesewere you thinking of?

The two most likely seems to be
# Geology, a tabular mass of igneous rock that has been intruded laterally between layers of older rock
# Architecture, the bottom edge of a window
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 20:56

theLuckyDragon wrote:I had a similar riddle in my description on the Heroespedia site:
The dragon's den lies somewhere in the Mountains, far to the East, on the banks of a river the Ancients called "the Dark Water", near the ruins of a long lost city... Here the dragon spends his days unraveling the mysteries of the worlds that are beyond the confines of our little Earth. The marvels of Antagarich and Enroth and Axeoth have never ceased to amaze him.
And add Ashan to that list. :-D

Well "on the mostly blue planet, around a yellow sun" didn't fit anymore!

Let's wait for the game to come out before we add anything to it, shall we.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jan 2006, 21:01

Well, it may sounds strange but both of them (but none rigidly), as the graphical similarity is more important then if this will be for doors or mountains or anything other. It's shape.
"We made it!"

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Jan 2006, 21:03

You could have added "on the third rotating water-covered rock from the great ball of flame rotating in endless void"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jan 2006, 21:14

IRT: tLD

Please help my memory, the long forgotten town is from the time of roman's, before or younger?? (Well, I have only vague knowledge of history in this region..)

Dark River, heh, that's sounds so mysteriosly. :D
"We made it!"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 23:19

theLuckyDragon wrote:You could have added "on the third rotating water-covered rock from the great ball of flame rotating in endless void"
That's good. But alas, no more room.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 13 Jan 2006, 18:17

Pol wrote: IRT: tLD

Please help my memory, the long forgotten town is from the time of roman's, before or younger?? (Well, I have only vague knowledge of history in this region..)

Dark River, heh, that's sounds so mysteriosly.
The long forgotten town is as its name implies: long forgotten. Or should I say, it's name, nationality and approximate whereabouts are the only thing we know, anything else fades into the darkness of History... I live in the area where the long forgotten town was supposedly found. It's probably pre-, during- and after-roman; pre-roman it most certainly is, as for during- and after-, I'm not so sure...

And the Dark River is actually the river's name meant in the tongue of the inhabitants of the long forgotten city, and it refers only to the colour of the water.

Return to “Campfire”