Oblivion looking hotter and hotter

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Oblivion looking hotter and hotter

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 06 Jan 2006, 16:40

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Jan 2006, 16:57

I've been thinking about playing Morrowind for a while, but the game looks way too long for my taste.

Oblivion looks really good, even better than most shooters. The amount of details on the armors is just amazing.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 06 Jan 2006, 17:13

I think I'm one of the few who didn't really like Morrowind. I keep buying these Elder Scroll games but they never really do it for me. I'll probably buy Oblivion, too (if my computer will run it), and I'll probably play it for a week or so and then give up.

Corribus

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 06 Jan 2006, 17:17

Unfortunately the skeletal animations don't look good at all. In the videos I've seen they look like the ones of morrowind, where people have one foot in the air in stairs, slide on the ground when they turn without walking, etc.

However, it could be ok if the bodies have physics when they fall on the ground so half of their body is not hidden in the environment.

With that little detail corrected I'm sure the game would be technically perfect.

About morrowind and its length, it looks like Oblivion corrects this with that kind of "teleport" system. There was a spell for that in Morrowind but it was not effective enough, being able to set multiple landing points would solve it easily.

I only hope it will run well enough on my computer, the demo will be welcome.
Image Spiritu Insanum

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 06 Jan 2006, 18:02

Wildbear wrote:Unfortunately the skeletal animations don't look good at all. In the videos I've seen they look like the ones of morrowind, where people have one foot in the air in stairs, slide on the ground when they turn without walking, etc.

However, it could be ok if the bodies have physics when they fall on the ground so half of their body is not hidden in the environment.

With that little detail corrected I'm sure the game would be technically perfect.

About morrowind and its length, it looks like Oblivion corrects this with that kind of "teleport" system. There was a spell for that in Morrowind but it was not effective enough, being able to set multiple landing points would solve it easily.

I only hope it will run well enough on my computer, the demo will be welcome.
You were not watching a finished product -- why do you think they delayed the game?

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 06 Jan 2006, 18:21

To correct bugs? Morrowind was crashing a lot, I bet they don't want that to happen again.

The videos I've seen are the last that have been published, if they want to show the best of their game they can make new ones, until then my impressions are based on what I've seen.
Enemies had nice physics but the NPCs and animals from the same serie of videos were walking strangely.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 07 Jan 2006, 12:43

I am really looking forward to Ovlivion. I enjoyed all the previous Elder Scrolls games. I like the open-endedness, variety of solutions to problems, and the character development. Hopefully Ovlivion will be very mod friendly as well.

GOW

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 08 Jan 2006, 15:12

It almost has better graphics than real life, it's going to need a pretty big computer to run this monster. ;|

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 08 Jan 2006, 15:42

Crusard wrote:It almost has better graphics than real life, it's going to need a pretty big computer to run this monster. ;|
Spend $399 for a 360 ;)

Return to “Campfire”