The Official Praise Thread

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Feb 2006, 15:09

DL just reached a new rank. Go get it boys.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 03 Feb 2006, 15:13

1250-1299 Wraith

And darn my Internet connection, which sometimes has the speed of a rabid snail with grandmaster slow, fatigue and mire cast on it!
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 03 Feb 2006, 15:21

You know, around the holidays (i.e., Christmas) my parents always (used to) hang up this flat little wooden thing in the shape of a christmas tree in the kitchen. Each day there is an ornament you hang on the tree, and each ornament has a number that corresponds to one of the first 25 days of december. On December 3rd, for example, you put up the ornament that has a #3 on it.

Anyway, when I was about 8 years old, and my brother was about 5 years old, we used to fight over who got to put up any given ornament on any given day. Seriously, we used the scratch and claw and bite and pull hair and call names, fighting over that damn ornament on each day. Eventually my mom got so sick of it that she devised a set of rules to govern the placement of ornaments. Basically my brother and I would alternate the days on which we got to put up the ornament.

This worked for a while but being children, it didn't take us long to figure out that, since there were 25 ornaments, if you alternate in this fashion one of us invariably got to put up one more ornament than the other. So whoever got to put up the ornament on day one got to put up a total of 13 ornaments in December and the other was left with a paltry 12. So starting when I was 9, my brother and I used to fight over who got to put up the first ornament in December, because we both wanted to get to put up 13 ornaments instead of 12. Seriously, we used to scratch and claw and bite and pull hair and call names, fighting over who got to put up 13 of those damn ornaments and who got to put up 12. Finally my mom got so sick of it that she determined that she would put up the Santa Claus ornament on December 25 herself, thereby rendering this problem void. Right?

Nope. Despite the fact that we both only got to put up 12 alternating little wooden ornaments each year, we still had both decided that we wanted to be the one to put up the wooden star on day 1, so starting when I was 10 and my brother was 7, we used to fight over who got to put up the star on day 1. Seriously, we used to scratch and claw and pull hair and call names, fighting over that damn first ornament each year. Finally my mom got so sick of it that she decided that not only would we alternate ornament-days, and not only would she put up the little Santa Claus on day 25, but we would alternate years in which we got to start the cycle on day one. That is, this year I got to start day one, and next year my brother got to start it. So my mom would write down at the end of each year who got to start it up the next year.

But that wasn't good enough either. My brother and I the next year discovered something else to fight over, and something else the year after that. Eventually my mom just gave up and the stupid wooden tree and all the ornaments have sat in a closet collecting dust ever since.

If you guys don't get the point of this story, then, well... keep fighting over the stupid rank-spotting game and see what happens. :D
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Feb 2006, 15:24

"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Feb 2006, 15:28

@Corribus

So,your saying that this game will last for a year? :| :devil:
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 03 Feb 2006, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 03 Feb 2006, 15:30

DaemianLucifer wrote: So,your point is that this game will last for a year? :| :devil:
Exactly. Boy, you're as sharp as a tennis ball, aren't you? :-D
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Feb 2006, 15:31

DaemianLucifer wrote:@Corribus

So,your point is that this game will last for a year? :| :devil:
I think his point was that his mother didn't know how to keep him and his bro' in line.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 03 Feb 2006, 15:32

ThunderTitan wrote: I think his point was that his mother didn't know how to keep him and his bro' in line.
And so, by analogy, maybe the moderators here need to do a better job. Kalah has definitely been slacking. :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Feb 2006, 15:34

Well fighting among selves is just a part of human nature.And I dont know why its called human nature,since it is displayed in every sentient beings behavior.Probably because being special is also part of human nature :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Feb 2006, 15:39

Corribus wrote: And so, by analogy, maybe the moderators here need to do a better job. Kalah has definitely been slacking. :D
Damn analogies, they ruin everything. ;)

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 03 Feb 2006, 16:36

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well fighting among selves is just a part of human nature.And I dont know why its called human nature,since it is displayed in every sentient beings behavior.Probably because being special is also part of human nature :devil:
Yeah killing each other, not because the other has better females or has a better territory, but just for the heck of it... That what we're got at...
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Feb 2006, 17:29

Congratulations to theLuckyDragon for 500 posts!Here,have a cookie:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 03 Feb 2006, 17:30

Special Rank Revealed: 1265 Dante :hoo:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 03 Feb 2006, 18:08

Yay! Now I'm a hunter and my prey is... cookies?
Oh well! *munch* *crunch* Thanks! *munch* :-D

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Feb 2006, 13:12

Praising everyone that deserves it :hail: . And bumping this thread.
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 Feb 2006, 14:43

theLuckyDragon wrote:Yay! Now I'm a hunter and my prey is... cookies?
Oh well! *munch* *crunch* Thanks! *munch* :-D
Congrats tLD! :-D

Here, loot the plate ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Feb 2006, 15:38

Some more treats for our little lucky flying lizard:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 04 Feb 2006, 15:57

Wow, soooo many cookies, soooo little time! Someone please help!
*crunch*

P.S. Lucky Dragons aren't lizards! They've got fur, you know!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 Feb 2006, 16:34

I'll eat some - and I'll have some coming my way soon as well!

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 04 Feb 2006, 17:07

theLuckyDragon wrote:Wow, soooo many cookies, soooo little time! Someone please help!
*crunch*

P.S. Lucky Dragons aren't lizards! They've got fur, you know!
I'll help. This flamethrower should do the trick...

...See? All gone!
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

Return to “Campfire”