The Diary of Yog the Barbarian

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Feb 2006, 20:33

Thelonious wrote:Fellow Journalist note:

Yeah we really need more writers!
I'll try.

Feb, 30th

*Yog stares to the ceiling, then fixes the date*

Huuu...

Month 2, day 26

"I can't sleep well tonight. It seems that a grim mood is grasping all my energies. I must rest. But what of this strange feeling of mine...? I'll try some of my mom's cookies. Hope they're not as hard as a rock as they used to be."

Note from the Journalist:
I didn't know it was a game at all. Well, I'll read the thread and I'll help it to move on. :proud:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 25 Feb 2006, 13:34

Month 2 Day 27

It's been a long time since I've seen home. The cookies however were as allways fine (Side note; that's mentioned often enough before :tongue:)

2 days left before I can get out of this stinking place. I've had enough of the greenskins. The only who I can get along with are the Nighthords, Irugar, Wunsor and Garich.

I spend most of my time just walking around here. Today there was somewhat of a surprise. I knew Krewlod folk were tough, but this was downright rediculus. A Krewlod army came in today. Their border is 2x as far, and the move only the slightest quicker, but still the managed to be here earlier than my troops.

Garich greeted what seemed to be his troops, and they immidiatly took over power. The Krewlod flag hung within the hour.

I decided it was in the best of my interest to leave now. I summoned my men and grabbed horses, and we were gone just 2 hours after that. I send Fastlane ahead with 2 letters.

One for my new troops. Stipa and I had determined that we should meet at the Red Dragon's Inn. That was 1 day for us, and 1 day for them. This was the message:
5th company,

You are here by summoned to the Red Dragon's Inn as my earlier location has been taken over by Krewlod. I shall meet you there within 1 day.

Your Lutenant,

Yog
One letter I send to Bracada, mentioning that the city had been taken over. The city lay close to the border, and was never really considered part of Bracada. Maybe my orders would be changed.

In the mean time, I'll update my crew and my stuff.

The Crew:

- Me, Yog

- Bolo, the insane halfling and student alchemist (also slinger)

- Brigimar, Quartergiant

- Filthimar, filthy quartergiant (stinks so much it can knock elphants down - we need to wash him every 3 days)

- Maharal, Stealgolem (needs mercury against rust every now and then)

- Stipa, Giantdwarf - as big as the quartergiants, half giant, half dwarf.

- Red dwarves

- Chuck Falconeye, sharp eyed human with deadly spears

- Gregory, armorer

- Clare and Curtis, cooks

- Fastlane, my eagle

My inventory:

Gems (from the red dwarven mine)
Mercury
Squish (my beloved club with which I squish people (it's tainted red))
6 Dragoncrawlers (minidragon golems) for the red dwarves
Stocks in the Red Dwarven Mine Company
A bath tub
8 horses
Solomon's Special (my flying carpet)
Other usual adventure stuff

That would be about it for today.

Yog
Last edited by Thelonious on 03 Mar 2006, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 02 Mar 2006, 21:02

Month 2 Day 28

Fastlane (my eagle) caught sight of the Roc well before I had even noticed. He started flying toward an intercept, but I grabbed my carpet and sped by him to beat him to an intercept position. I threw my right hand outward and Fastlane settled into his wingman position as I glided next to the Roc. Although the Roc looked weary of Fastlane he kept flying (very brave). I could see the note so I landed and took out the parchment.

Yog,

I hope this note finds you quickly. Bochnar has ordered you and your men killed. The war council met just after you left. The word around Harmondale is that you have left to gain more troops from Bracada and were going to retake the castle. I have tried to plead your case but since Garich left right after you, no one here has been willing to stand up for you like I have. I'm afraid that I will not be able to do any more for you than to provide a warning. If you ever do return to Harmondale either in battle or as a prisoner, believe me that you have an ally and I will be at the ready, but doing something now will put my trolls at too much risk.

Stay strong,

Amantar Kershalt
I set the Roc free and held Fastlane until the wings were out of sight. This was news indeed. Before I knew it, another bird was in sight and Fastlane was going crazy! Once I figured out it was Myrini's Parliament (although her father always called it Poulologos) I let Fastlane go. Parliament was actually Fastlane's sister and they had been raised and trained together so they were okay to fly around together. I gave Parly a cracker and unrolled the parchment.
Yog,

You can't stay in Harmondale. I think the gargoyles have been sent to bring you home. I overheard Wizard Pike and when one of the mages asked how why you had been promoted he laughed and boasted that Lieutenant Yog won't be a Genie, let alone a Lieutenant for much longer. I don't know what they're planning but I wouldn't trust any of the 100 gargoyles coming from Bracada.

BWOY,
Myrini
One hundred gargoyles? That sounds like more than a band.

I let Fastlane and Parliament play for a while until I saw two other Rocs in the distance. This time, I saw them before the eagles so I took off to meet them. They both had notes.
Yog,

I've received word from my spies in Harmondale. Bochnar bullied the war council and has dispatched Grommel and Grax (infantry and ranged) to hunt your army down. You won't be able to use the Krewlod border since we can't support you over the Goblins as a matter of law. Your best bet is to regroup in either Stone City or lose them in the Bracada Dessert. We dispatched a letter to Harmondale to ask them to resist an offensive as a matter of order since you are under my surveillance and thus my charge, but I don't expect them to follow that. Although I respect their previous plight I must say that I myself have never seen a goblin rise above the second rank in my army. Even Hobgoblins get the front line in any melee I enter into. That said, there are still many of them and what they lack in skill and tact they have in numbers. Be on the look out for a large chase army.

Maybe you can use your Air Force?

Garich
The other letter was a complete surprise.
Yog,

Irugar no lie. Yog no beleve Irugar. But Irugar no lie. Bochnar mad. Bochnar no control. Bochnar make Storm Bringer and Hell Fire Kill Yog. Storm Bringer and Hell Fire follow Yog now. Amantar no do nothing. Garich no here. Storm Bringer and Hell Fire no in Harmondale. Follow Yog now. Fear of everything. Bochnar fear Irugar before. Bochnar fear Yog now. Irugar no fear Yog. Irugar fight with Yog. Irugar die with Yog.

Irugar
I knew I liked that guy. The birds arrived together but I think they didn't fly together the whole way. I outfitted Irugar's Roc with a letter to straighten him out about Amantar and to try to get the two together.

I sent back a letter to Krewlod that in the interest of Order I would neither go to Krewlod or to Bracada.

I think it's time to head back to Stone City for a few days. The house is there. Our bank is there. And nobody coming after us will know it better than we do.

Note to self: Never trust anyone willing to overthrow a castle with you after one meeting.

Yog
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 03 Mar 2006, 16:11

Month 2 Day 29

We're heading back to stone city, luckily, we weren't near the Barrow Mounds. But this time we'll have to take a mountain pass, because we are now on the east side of the Barrow mound instead of the west side were we travelled through last time.

The wizards in Bracada scare me, saying I'll no longer be a genie. I'll be put back on my father's heritage; the barbarian one. Not that I'd really hate that - Krewlod's army has been more kind to me then Bracada's one.

When I proposed our journey most of my men were ok with it. Stipa told me his father comes from that region and we should take care there, as giants aren't the most merry folk you can run into.

Yog
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Mar 2006, 11:30

Im out of ideas to write here now,but maybe later Ill come up with something.Its an excelent read though.But I think instead of month,week,day we could use real names.Something like monday,march 7th,full moon.But with custom names though.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Mar 2006, 15:10

Yeah we should compile these texts, maybe it could be published after some polishing.
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 04 Mar 2006, 16:01

Month 2 Day 30

Most of today we spent marching back toward Stone City. With Maharal telepathically directing the Dragon Golems we are at a very good pace (the dwarves and bolo are Filthimar's Tub). Everyone else is riding. We're making good time and I figure to be taking a strong route toward Stone City. I spent a good part of the morning talking with the big guys.

Stipa talked about his family (the hills reminded him). His sister was one of the few Dwarven Giants to stay and be accepted with the other Giants. He said we should be fine as long as he, Filth and Brig stay triangled with our troops in the triangle.

Brigimar (the quartergiant) was a little less welcoming. I wouldn't want to come across full giants anytime soon. They really hate strangers. And this coming from my biggest guy (he's closer to a half giant).

Filthimar was quiet for a change. Everyone in his family had been killed by Giants. He was the last one left. It seams that being a quartergiant is very difficult in the Giant order of things. Here he towers. But there he is the runt. He said his family was beaten, starved and enslaved. His mother's dying wish was for him to run from the hills and make a better life.

Around mid-afternoon I received my monthly statement from Jobber's Thain - our account manager at Mineral Wealth (the bank) in Stone City. It seams that Yog's Big, Red, and Blue is also in the pink. I forgot to mention that as soon as I decided we were going to Stone City, I sent Fastlane to Jobber's and Sparks Burnkindle to announce our return and query for news.

Our current account in Mineral Wealth includes the following:
First Claim to Harmondale (I guess they don't give claims to goblins)
0 Mercury (Jobber's Sold Filthy's waste!)
House at 4 Cobble Lane (Jobber's bought the house we were renting!)
Cabin at 4 Cobble Lane (the cabin we built behind the house)
29,000 gp (29 thousand)
9 Golemcrawlers (sent from Red Dwarves MC)
4 Dwarves (staying in the house)
100 viles of Troglodyte's Blood (per my request)
Shares in the Red Dwarf Mining Company

Our shareholders are happy!

I decided to take over the shares for the Bracada Wizards until more can be learned of their current position - that and Vltava's gone and I was already using the money for Vltava and Maharal anyway. I'll just take over the responsibility for Maharal personally.

In addition I held a short ceremony to announce additional shares awarded. As well, Sparks and Jobbers have invested to improve their share status.

YBRB Shares: 125
Yog 40 (10 from Bracada Wizards), Red Dwarf Mining Company (including dwarves and MD golems) 25, Stipa 12, Filthimar 10, Brigimar 10, Amantar 10, Bolo 6, Curtis and Clare 6, Gizmo 5, Falconeye 5, Sparks 5, and Jobbers 3.

We'll camp here for the night with Maharal and the Golems pulling watch duty. We plan a very short night since we are less than a day from Stone City and sanctuary.

Yog

Gamemaker's note: Tomorrow should be Month 3, Day 1 since Month 1 was 31 days (maybe we should just adopt the HOMM standard of 28 day months).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Mar 2006, 18:37

Month 3, Day 1

Vltava is back and we couldn't omit that he bring along a small, longhaired cheerful minx, which he had several times in a row titled ...Labe. After some time we had just discovered that he almost lost all interest in our last shareholdering activites and he is trying to turn up. Oh, with his little jewell still behind him. Darn..!

In addition I have a bad accident short after noon. Fallen from my horse when I was literally observing how everything it's going well. The horse suddenly start to be mad after some sort of reflection hit it into eyes, repeatedly. I believe that this light source actually moved and then disappeared. Leaving no idea what it was !? ...and I have pushing feeling that I had sprained my "lower" left thumb.

Later in the day I was discussing in town's tavern with some other chaps, and with exception of known problem: You are blue, we aren't, what I promptly smooth out by one of my blue fist, the talk turn to my previous event. They mentioned someone who is called Golden Man, half-man and half-gold golem who was could be behind, .... I don't think so.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Note to Gamemaker: The number of the days in week depends on planet enviroment, so we may start first with clearing up the question: "How many suns and moons we have"?
Last edited by Pol on 05 Mar 2006, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Mar 2006, 21:03

Month 3 Day 2
Yesterday wrote:...Vltava is back...
It must have been that accident last day, cause Vlatava's remaining piece of clay is still in my bag. We've gotten hoe yesterday and Stipa and Brigimar have wandered into town. Bolo has gone to the library where he's gone to study his alchemy, and well as physics so he knows how to sling his sling.

Maharal is out guarding something, Curtis has gone for supplies with Chuck. So today Gregory and have started the little project I wanted to start after the battle for Harmondale. To make a mini Vlatava out of his remain. But before we actually began on it, we started to scetch him. By the time we were done with that, Brigimar came walking in. It seems that golden man from yesterday knows how to make diamond and gold golems.

So we set out to meet the Golden man. I had a little chat with him and is seems he'll make Vlatava again using his clay and diamond, but then we'd have to do something for him as well.

He needs a special kind of oil, that his hart pumps around his body. It's something that keeps him alive, but it gets old at times. So once every 25 years he needs a refresh.

The special oil can be found in the sewers (were the troglodytes are - we've been there before) under the big statue in Stone City. They keep it heavily guarded. The Golden man nearly made it back last time. Nowadays people rumor that the Troglodytes have trained basilisks and a hydra guarding the oil.

So this means more adventure. Tomorrow I'll sommon everyone and we'll venture into the sewers again in search of the mistic oil to get Vlatava back - a new diamond Vlatava.

Yog
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 05 Mar 2006, 18:53

Month 3 Day 3

This time as we ventured down through the castle we decided to enter through the Temple of Stone. It turns out that there are many people who desire goods behind guarded places. Sparks had a list of seventeen items for us. Anything we found that was on his list would be good for winning that contract offer. I took the list and organized the troops.

As expected, Stipa and the quartergiants would remain above ground for this exercise since they can't even fit through the doors. I tasked Curtis and Clare with meal-planning. They packed us rations for our job. That leaves myself, Bolo, Gizmo and Falconeye, and the dwarves.

Along with my six "Battle" Dwarves (Grum, Frum, Roger, Boger, Ornag and Doriun) we took our four new recruits (they still call each other Digger, Loader and Picax). The battle dwarves are all now wielding silver dwarven battle hammers carrying silver dwarven shields (round), sporting leather armor with silver plating (on the shoulders, breastplate and back), and each sports silver gauntlets (Gizmo is proving to be a great asset). They look battle ready! The new four recruits are still using shovels and picaxes.

Gizmo has full battle garb as well, although he has elected to wield a fine silver sword and a larger shield (shaped in the traditional shield shape). He has also created a silver buckler-gauntlet combination of sorts for his arms, but he is still able to be somewhat mobile.

Falconeye decided to leave the long spears at 4 Cobble Lane and has opted for Short Silver Spears which he believes will be more appropriate for the expected battle ground.

Bolo has become quite an expert with the Yo-Yo slingshot and has a lighter version of the Battle Dwarves garb (more leather than silver) to protect his fragile body and uses Gizmo's buckler-gauntlet combo instead of a shield (which he can not hold).

I have opted to wear a pair of leather boots that one of the local merchants crafted for me. They go to just below the knees and are extremely comfortable.

In addition, I had the tanner make a replica of the Bracadian Blues (pants) which I have always found to be extremely comfortable on my skin. What he made for me started as a coarse but sturdy fabric and were smoothed over the famous stones for which this city is named and over fine Crystal from the Red Dwarf Mining Company.

The final fabric gives me the look and feel I had hoped for and as I first strapped into them I could immediately feel a new and strange power. The crystal and stone seam to create a true focus on my magical powers.

It felt so good that I had him continue to make a shirt out of the material and commissioned him to make a full set so I could always have a fresh set.

I left Solomon's Special guarded at 4 Cobble Lane and opted for Squish in my right hand and a Genie's Glove on my left hand. My Genie's Glove is a deep purple, with a Bracteate (with a Triskelion design) covering the back of the hand, with a specific bract sewn into each finger so that the glove can be aimed and the fingers used in combination for very unique effects.

I also brought the enchanted hourglass, just in case.

We were very prepared.

As we ventured through the Temple of Stone into the underway of Stone City, it was Falconeye and the dwarves who provided our greatest asset... a vision.

Through the first hallways, all was quiet. Then suddenly a band of Trogs came darting around the corner. Doriun swung right through the first trog with his mighty hammer and before I knew it, Frum and Ornag had dispatched the other six trogs. The four new dwarves started cheering. It was all we could do to shut them up. It was too late. Our element of surprise was gone.

Over the next sixty feet of travel, all I could see was a swarm of Troglodytes. We were surrounded. I ordered the troops into the Harmondale Horseshoe (see Month 2, Day 23) and then it was on! I could feel the pounding of my father’s heart as I gripped Squish ever so tightly. I don’t even think I felt the blow backs – it was as if Squish were going right through them. I reversed the Harmondale Horseshoe and took the front position as I ordered forward. In less than four minutes over a hundred trogs lay at our feet.

Then it was silent. Everyone was breathing heavy but no one said a word. We just waited. But nothing else came at that moment. I should have killed the four red dwarves for their act but thanks to their blunder, we took care in four minutes what surely would have worried us for four hours.

We spent the next thirty minutes going through all of the crypts of the temple and found many treasures. We moved them all into one room so that we could take them out when we left the underway.

As we continued to where Goldman said the mystic oils would be I steadied the party. I looked at each of the four dwarfs dead in the eyes and said “No sound this time okay?” They nervously nodded. I think even Frum would have chopped one of their heads off now if I asked.

Knowing that the Basilisks and/or Hydras that were likely to be present would likely have lethal breath and stares, I ordered everyone to wait and entered the room alone. Using my magic hand, I cast blind to negate their stares. As each of the basilisks (there were about a dozen) each took turns staring to no effect (I think I could even see the look of confusion in their eyes as their glances failed them for the first time ever) I moved quickly to the center of the room before they could start an attack. By surrounding myself inside the room, I guarantied that their poisoned attacks would hurt each other for every miss.

But it never came to that. Because just as they were about to attack I turned the enchanted hourglass. Their fierce dart toward me slowed as the very first grain slid through the hourglass. Twelve fierce and fast basilisks had just turned into the slowest turtles in the world. My pounding heart thumped as I darted through them with a wild rampage. I landed over a hundred blows before they could even turn to breathe. As I watched the last one slowly fall to the ground I knew deep in my heart that I was the warrior my father always said I was and my mother always feared I was.

I turned the hourglass back over and the party ran through the doors and made sure all of the basilisks were dead. The dwarves were simply in awe and asked how I could move so fast. Even the battle dwarves threw caution to the wind and began cheering and thumping their hammers to their chests!

We carted off all of our treasure back to 4 Cobble Lane and Bolo spent hours relaying the story over and over again to anyone that would listen.

Three cheers for YOG. Yog the Bluebarian!

Boy I hope that name doesn’t stick.

Yog

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 09 Mar 2006, 18:53

Month 3 day 4

After a hard day's work getting the oil, the Goldenman had begun his work on the new Vlatava. I came by his shop today - he had used the clay to form a heart for Vlatava, and because we had such a load of oil he was only busy with Vlatava. A new pair of ruby eyes were ready for placement. He showed a scale model of Vlatava and he looked marvelous.

I forgot to mention that this time I took along the liters of Troglodyte blood, as it is very valuable. Not to mention some of the basilisk blood was taken along by Chuck Falconeye. He said it was a great posion for his spears. Grum, one of the battle dwarves, sneaked around wit ha big bag afterwards and I really didn't want to know what was in it.

Anyway the shares are rising insanely as my popularity grows. My men are looking like a true army because of the new equipment - it cost a bit but it was worth it.

Since we heard nothing more of those Troglodyte I now assume there are no more. Bit of a shame though. Anyway I send 50 viles of their blood to mom, whom can sell it there. I've told her she can keep half the money; in return for more cookies. And the recipe, so Curtis can work his cooking magic and make them everyday.

Yog (still titled the Bluebarian)
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 12 Mar 2006, 17:40

Month 3 day 5

Parliament (Myrini's Eagle) showed up today with another note.
Yog,

It appears that the Wizard's have been debating over Harmondale. Many of the Wizards were impressed with your overthrowing of the old guard but even more find your alliance with the goblins as sort of an act of treason. I've overheard that the Council as a whole has dismissed the alliance as a necessity at the time and since you do not still travel with the goblins, they have shown mercy and have called back the Gargoyle Guard.

Wizard Pike is still out for your blue blood so so keep a lookout.

Myrini

PS: I'm going back to Camp Steppenwolf next week!

I decided to use the better part of the day to work with the new dwarves. I took a little time to put an order in at the local tanner for more boots for myself and the troops and spotted Bolo taking pot shots at the Dragon Golems (they just sit there and let him hit them).

Over dinner tonight (Smoked Basilisk), Stipa and I discussed a possible plan to take out the "evil" goblins and how we might be able to start a coop that would allow the "good" goblins to remain in power without a censure from the Wizards or without starting an all out war with Krewlod.

We both decided that we'd need more time to plan one.

I'm stuffed.

Yog

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 12 Mar 2006, 20:20

Month 3 day 6

Today Stipa and I held a recap; who supports us and who doesn't. We've started with our clear enemies.

Bochnar, who ordered us dead, and one of the leading goblins. Then there are Grommel and Grax, two of the other goblin leaders who are (perhaps) still out there trying to find me to kill me.
Last but not least, Wizard Pike. This is my biggest enemy so far.

Then there are those who are my allies: Amantar, Irugar, Garich and Nexus. Nexus is loyal to Garich and Irugar, and thus I can trust him. Also I've fought with him so that should be allright.

Krewlod will obviously react if I enter Harmondale once more, and try to take it for Bracada. I'll have to use my diplomacy skills so the Goblins stay in controle, but this time the 'good' goblins and not the 'bad' ones. If I can get done I think I'd like some property there aswell, and make it a safe heaven for Bracada and Krewlod troops.

Today I went by the Goldenman again. There he was. Vlatava. The diamond golem. He looks cool and acts the same. I went straight to the bank with him and got him insured. This time I'd get full repairs if they'd destroy him. I insured Maharal aswell. The other golems have no special mening to me so I didn't insure them.

The dwarves training was proceded by Chuck. They are expert axe throwers now. But enough about them; Stipa and I still have plans to make and we have to decide what to do.

When Filthimars came in tonight we immediately put him in the bath; since he was really really smelly again.

Yog
Grah!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Announcement

Unread postby Thelonious » 13 Mar 2006, 16:36

Sorry for double posting but I wanted to make this

Announcement

Gravyluvr and I have decided that this thread would make a good campaign.

I'm starting this project as of now - all the story will probably go through some refining and polishing but my beginning on this project does not mean the thread is closed. I shall however at some time have to stop the entered story and brew some sort of end to it which will be announced in this thread. If you want Yog to do something you've always wanted and it fits in the story, make an entry for a day and I'll see what I can do.

Thelonious.
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 14 Mar 2006, 00:53

Month 3, Day 7

I have seen the disadvantage to having a diamond golem. On a sunny day he can blind everything. I took special care to wrap Vlatva in a dull color for when we travel. I'm pretty sure between Vlatva and Filthimar I now have a way of knocking out two of my enemies' senses. And since Bolo will talk anyone's ear off, I'm well on my way to losing all my senses myself.

There is a strange comfort about being back in Stone City. Our entire group is considered local heroes. I'm not sure how Burnkindle is liking some of the fame coming our way but Jobber's thinks he'll always be fine with anything that makes him more money.

Falconeye and Gizmo are getting quite the attention, especially from the ladies, but it is their home town so it is to be expected. Our dinner table is getting bigger and bigger each night with town folk coming from all over to visit and share their food.

After some long thought and a heart-to-heart with Curtis and Clare I have decided to ask them to become caretakers of 4 Cobble Lane. Curtis and Clare never meant to become warriors, they were just poor but talented cooks. And with the local fame that our group has gained I'm sure that they would do well here in Stone City.

I've asked Sparks Burnkindle to put out a contract to convert the cabin into a Great Hall that would be used for gatherings and great dinners. Clare fell in love with the idea right away, and she started day dreaming about converting the great house into a bed and breakfast. I could tell Curtis was torn for he also had loved the adventure but his love for Clare and for a real future brought his head back into focus and he expressed extreme gratitude to my offer.

It is a great place. But the dwarves are getting fat and the Quarter Giants, Stipa, and I are getting restless.

I purchased five birds to act as messenger birds to Harmondale. I fear greatly that Fastlane would not be a welcomed sight by all inside the castle.

We began packing, we ate well, and we slumbered one last night in Stone City. We also have plenty of gear, supplies and food.

The six "battle" dwarves have decided that any new dwarf that joins our troop will need to take a name that the group awards as a whole! I decided that the name of Scrub would be awarded to the dwarf that fell into Filthimar's bath the other night. Everyone cheered and the dwarves raised their mugs and yelled "SCRUB!" and all downed a mug of ale.

Bolo insisted that the loader be called Focobberain since that was the closest he was getting to saying our house's address and although hearing him do the impression was getting everyone into stitches I couldn't see anyone I'd have to call having that long a name but within minutes the dwarves were poking him and calling him Facobb... It stuck. "FACOBB!" and down went another six pence of ale.

Stipa said we should name the one rode on the back of the tub Melog since that was golem backwards and he always was facing the wrong way on rides. "MELOG!" And at that point Bolo passed out! Light weight.

The last dwarf stood facing the group... waiting.... We all took turns looking at each other. All the ideas were gone. But just then Clare came out with more beer and she noticed he was just standing there alone. "Why's that dwarf standing all alone? He looks just like one of those stone piles." "STONEPILE!!!" Admittedly, it's not a great name but that's all we had left and Stonepile was just so happy to be done with it he raised a mug and drank to his new silly name.

Our group now... Yog (and Fastlane), Maharal, Vltava, Bolo, Brigimar, Filthimar, Stipa, Six "Battle" Dwarves (Grum, Frum, Roger, Boger, Ornag and Doriun), Twelve Mini-Dragon Golems, Gregory Gizmo, Chuck Falconeye, and the Four new Dwarves (Scrubb, Facobb, Melog and Stonepile).

Tomorrow we head to White's Town (South of Harmondale). Now it will be a staging point. I wonder if we still have friends in Harmondale?

Yog

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 14 Mar 2006, 17:09

Month 3, Day 8

Today our journey began to White ville. Chuck and Gregory had trouble parting from all the girls, but I think they'll get over it. We were taken out of town as heroes, the only one who seemed a bit happy about it was Burnkindle.

Stipa now leads the dwarves, and Maharal still leads the Mini dragon golems. Vlatava is dressed up in an armor like the rest of the army so he won't blind us. I've asked Curtis if he'd write some recipes in a book, and I took that along, so we won't miss his all to much.

I send out Fastlane early in the morning, he was happily bringing back a caught rabbit; but I let him have it, I allready had breakfast.

Thus began our march, and the dwarves were all jolly, especially the new ones since they longed for even more adventures. We decided to go through the pass we wnet through the first time we went to White city. That was the safest journey.

At noon Bolo shot a bird out of the sky (it was plain luck but he couldn't talk about anything else for the rest of the day) to bad it was one of the birds I send to Harmondale. It had a letter attached to it's paws.
Hy Yog,

Great to hear from you once more. The reason why this letter reaches you so soon is because I am no longer in the castle. I've left it some 3 days after you since Bochnar has not held himself to one of the promises made.

We are now back in our home town, Ulongros. If you travel through the mountain pass of Ulon we will join you there and go to White village with you. There we can launch a suprise attack to over throw Bochnar.

Has a reply been send from Bracada? I guess not. But I want to know what they think as soon as possible.

Keep me informed and the best of luck on your journey,

Nexus
Well we will be going pas the pass of Ulon so we could make a little detour.

But we'll see about that tomorrow, now I'm getting some sleep after a day of marching.

Yog

(Sidenote: Have compiled all texts, will start editing them and make one whole story - I will try and leave it the same, but dates can change, as little errors from people who hadn't followed the whole thread. I'll start working on the map AFTER the compleet editing of the entries, and while working on it I'll be able to add days.

I'm thinking of making it a campaign, Gravyluvr decided it should be a HoMM IV campaign. The different maps will be the different parts, such as the attack on Harmondale etc.)
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 19 Mar 2006, 15:37

Month 3, Day 9

Coming upon White's Town last night, I had an eery feeling of deja vu. Last time we came here to use the town as a staging point for an assault on the castle to rid it of Harmon and Dale and now we use it as to dethrone another ruthless leader who we allied with just last month.

This time we did not go into White's Town.

I led the troops South past White's Town. We came upon a small campsite. "Do you have a friend in Harmondale?" A whispered question from a strange voice. It was Gognard, a hobgoblin in Commander Irugar 2nd Hobgoblin Horde. "Do I have a friend here tonight?" I asked. "Yog, I am your friend, my name is..."

Gognard, how could I forget. I shook his arm into mine and brought our chests together to signify trust. Gognard quickly dimmed the fire and we began our discussion. Gognard described the bloody civil unrest that had ensued since the overthrowing of Harmondale. Although I was somewhat shocked by the quickness, I would say I was not surprised. The goblin's military, though well organized was extremely unfocused, and the grab for ultimate power by Bochnar could be seen coming from miles away.

Amantar and the Rock Trolls had escaped in the night when Naxus and the Nighthorde left. Gognard took out a small map and described how Naxus had led his army from Ulon to White Cliff's cave where they buried themselves into the keeps of the cave.

The only green we have left in Harmondale is Irugar. And he has been in charge of the Southern Tower (facing White's Town). Gognard and Irugar have been working on a plan (codenamed SCOY) that involves quick and precise timing in order to pull it off.

It was time to alert the troops...

In the middle of the night, Naxus and the Nighthordes emerged from White Cliff's and attacked Fort Ogriss, although it was a lightly defended target (compared to the Harmondale castle and surrounding area), it was the diversion we required.

As we entered White's Town (aka Color's Town), we expected some resistance. Instead we had a reunion. "Yog!" It was Amantar! We quickly fell into Farswell's old place and reunited with the Rock Trolls. It still amazes me to see Battle Dwarves and Trolls on the same side - but I'm not complaining.

"Yog!" It was Garich! "I am here as an observer."

"Me too!" We both started laughing...

My time to shine. I grabbed Solomon's Special and whistled for Fastlane. As I took of into the morning sunrise, I threw out my right hand Fastlane settled into his wingman position. We flew well above the Ogriss Fort and expected to see reinforcements coming from Harmondale but none were seen. I landed at Ogriss and met Naxus in stride. "Yog!" Another reunion. We embraced.

"No one is coming" I reported. Naxus was afraid of that. While he hoped to draw out at least one clan, he thought they may concede Ogriss in the Night, but he expected a morning charge. When none came, we settled in to plan B mode.

We will need to converge on the castle. We will feign a charge into the surrounding town but we are less potent in the day time. You and your giants need to come quick and take the gate. We can only hope that Irugar will switch at the right time.

I flew back to White's Town and we took off on a quick pace. Maharal, Vlatva, and the Golem Crawlers hit the road with Filthimars Two Tubs and the battle dwarves and the men. We added a rinse tub to the wash tub for a cleaner Filth and a second vessel for the added dwarves and men. Stipa, Filthimar and Brigimar took off on a quick pace with them.

Get on my back Bolo! Fastlane and I flew toward the Southern Tower with Bolo on my back. Bolo wrapped his legs around my neck and whipped out his Yo-Yo slingshot. Irugar had already switched, which had allowed for our easy entry from White's Town but Bochnar sensed the revolt and had dispatched forces to remove Irugar and his hobgoblins from the tower. Bolo knocked one of the hobgoblin's out on his first sling. Using my genie glove (Squish was strapped on) I displaced about a half dozen right off the tower (where gravity took care of the rest). We landed and with a turn of the enchanted hourglass... Squish took care of the rest. Just before I turned the hourglass back over I noted how hilarious it is to watch Bolo jumping up and down in slow motion.

As the grains of the hourglass reversed I looked over to Irugar who just stared. "Yog!" Another reunion. "How in the world did you just do that? You just blew threw them in a blur!" Bolo started laughing... "No he just Blue threw them!" Laugh Later Bolo! We've got a castle to take!

At that moment Wunsor (the shamen) came onto the southern tower, I flipped the hourglass back over but he dropped five stones onto the ground... Now I was in a reverse blur! I could feel everything around me moving faster than I was. Using the genie glove I raised my arm and cast a wall around me and returned to normal speed.

Wunsor smacked his staff onto the ground and suddenly my legs felt heavy. My arms were harder to raise and squish felt like an anvil. I dropped squish and used both arms to guide my genie glove up and cast a phantom image of myself. Wunsor just tapped the staff twice and my image was erased. I was shocked.

Wunsor floated a stone and it hurled itself toward me with great force. I could feel my body failing me as I tried to turn away. At the last moment I just let my body drop to the ground and the rock barely missed my head as I fell to the ground.

Then Wunsor floated another stone but at the precise moment he hurled it at me, Fastlane flew in and snatched the staff from his right arm. I regained my speed and hopped up above the stone as smashed just below my feet where my body had been anchored to the floor. I grabbed Squish and before he could retrieve the staff I smashed him in the shoulder and he fell to the ground.

Wunsor grabbed a bit of loose rock and flung it at me but Bolo slung a stone right into his face and he fell to the ground. Irugar smashed his skull with a rockhammer and Wunsor was dead.

Irugar asked if I was okay. I cleared my eyes and face of the debris and grabbed squish and the hourglass. I am now!

Through the halls of the Harmondale Castle I whacked everything that came aggressively and before I knew it I was at the gate. It really is much easier to attack a castle that you've been in before. I lowered the gate and came out to meet Stipa and the Quarter Giants. I flipped the enchanted hourglass again and made for the city buildings. We rolled through the defenses like hot butter on a roll and the goblins and hobgoblins were reduced to grounded troops. As I flipped the enchanted hourglass back over and came to current speed I started hearing the chants.

"Yog! Yog! Yog!" All the greens were around me and chanting. The injured and bloodied troops were starting an escape when I shouted.

Goblins here me out! There is no need for civil unrest. There is no need to escape. I will not allow any more death's for any prisoners. I will not imprison those who switch to the Orderly side. I trust Irugar, and I will leave him in charge here.

There will peace in Harmondale!

Yog

Note: Years later as I look back at this entry I must add that codename SCOY stood for the Second Coming of Yog. And to this day, the Goblins and Hobgoblins who have served with my armies have always spoke of this as the day that I became Yog the Barbarian to them. From this day forward, no goblin or hobgoblin ever stood opposite of my army on the battlefield. They have forever been loyal and fierce in battle with me.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 19 Mar 2006, 19:58

Month 3 Day 10

Today I recieved a letter, this time it wasn't a bird that brought it to me, but a one of the members from the Wizard Council had used Dimention Door to get to me. As faith would have it, it was the father of Mirini.

We had a nice chat and then he gave me the letter. This is what I read:
Dear Yog,

Words travel swift, but this word seemed to go swifter than it could. We congradulate you with your victory over Harmondale, for the second time.

We have recived your letter and since this victory is your victory, we've decided that it is up to you what should happen to Harmondale and White's village.

We do hope that, since you still choose to fight under the Bracada banner, Harmondale will never pose any thread to Bracada.

The Wizards Council
This was great news. I thanked Mirini's father for this wonderfull news. He told that Wizard Pike wasn't glad about it, and that that was one of the reasons why he personally delivered the letter. Wizard Pike was headed this way, and not alone.

Immediatly I send out Fastlane to scout the area. Then Mirini's father said he had to go, or this might get him in serious trouble as Wizard Pike's business were not Bracada's.

At the table this night I sat along with my allies and troops, though half-way the dinner we send Filthimar away since we'd forgotten to bath him and otherwise no-one of us could eat anything anymore. Also Vlatava got several compliments about his looks.

After dinner Irugar showed me the southern tower, it was very comfortable and could house all my troops. As of now, whenever I was in the neighbour hood, this tower would be mine to use.

For now I need to sleep to get the drinks out of my head. The dwarves, and come to think about it about everyone in the castle (save for the Nighthordes) is sleeping.

Yog

(Side note; the compiled text is now (Times New Roman, size 12) 56 pages long! This incluedes this post aswell)
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 21 Mar 2006, 02:40

Month 3, Day 11

I spent the better part of today recovering from another long night of drinking. The Southern Tower is quite nice, and my body still aches from the battle.

We met in the War Room of the Main Castle this afternoon to try to create a more open and structured order. All have agreed to appoint the great Seer, Judge Grey to the post of High Arbiter for the Castle of Harmondale.

His reputation is very good and it seemed to be the only canditate that both Krewlod and Bracada would not oppose.

After the meeting, I retired to the Southern Tower for another nap. Scrubb, Melog, Facobb, and Stonepile (four dwarves - see m3d7) are now in charge of bathing Filthimar (Rookies!).

Yog

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 22 Mar 2006, 14:29

Month 3 Day 12

Oh man, you had to see the look on the face of those dwarves yesterday morning when they took off Filthimar's socks. Hilarious!

Bolo and I were at a safe distance, out of the wind so we couldn't smell Filthimar. We nearly laughed our heads off. Anyways, later that day Stipa and I began to plan a bit. we figured since Wizard Pike was headed this way we should prepare ourselves for quite some battle.

Fastlane came back and he nibbed 3 times in my hand, which means that we've got a reasonable chance. I had hoped for one nib, which would result in a victory... Fastlane then nibbed my hand twice, meaning that in 2 days Wizard Pike would reach the castle.

We've got some preparations to do.

Yog
Grah!

Return to “Campfire”