The Diary of Yog the Barbarian

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 18 Jan 2006, 15:02

Month 2, Week 2, Day 2 (i'd be great if it were year 2 aswell :tongue:)

Today Maharal was all better. He walked fine. I've decided we need an origanized army if we want to continue our adventures, so I'll start with the inventory.

Our Inventory:

A few pieces of gold,
Some Crystal,
A share in the red dwarf company,
Weaponary - inclueding mini-dragongolems, swards, armor and Squish

My army and it's members:

- Me, head of the army

- Bolo, halfling and completly nuts
- Brigimar, quarter giant
- Filthimar, smelly quarter giant
- Stipa, giantdwarf - head of the quarter giants and red dwarves
- Maharal, steal golem - in charge of the mini-dragon golems (6)
- Vltava, clay golem - head of clay golems
- Amantar, rock troll - head of rocktrolls
- other rocktrolls
- Gregory Gizmo, head of gizmo's, master reaperer
- Chuck Falconeye, master of one-liners and spears
- Curtis, cook and depressed about Clare (his wife who's missing)

Our merry gang needs lots of food, so we decided that Chuck and 4 others go out hunting every day, following our tracks, keeping up, and shooting animals at the same time.

So we have order in this band I lead. I'm proud of them, and of what we have done so far - we came to a little village today and people actually knew us! That's just great! The bartender gave us a discount on booze!

I didn't drink to much though I have to lead them further.

Yog
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 20 Jan 2006, 02:01

Month 2, Day 10

Today I received a letter.
Find The Girl.
That's all it said. I have no idea who wrote it and when I asked Curtis he had no idea but he was very quick to point out that he would need to leave the army to search for Clare.

I have now started including Amantar in my daily council with Stipa. Today we addressed the letter and it's meaning. The other two agreed with me that we could not afford to lose either our great cook or our recent good reputation with the egotistical bruise of losing a woman on our watch.

We discussed going through Barrow Downs, which we had tactfully avoided when we made our way from the Red Dwarven Mines to Stone City. Amantar, said that now that he and the rock trolls were also part of the group, there would be no reason to avoid the foggy downs.

It's true. I felt my ragtag army of dwarves and giants would be better off avoiding the helter-skelter of the wight-filled downs on our first journey. But now that we have Rock Trolls and Golem Crawlers (mini-dragons) we would match up well if ambushed by wights.

During the campfire, I share the news with everyone and to my delight everyone was in! Falconeye, Gizmo and the trolls were anxious to hear about our adventures up until stone city and (go figure) Bolo was more than happy to share all of our adventures in three part harmony.

I just sat back and laughed and drank it all in. For such a short time, we have been through quite a bit.

Tomorrow. The Barrow Downs.

Yog
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 20 Jan 2006, 15:44

Month 2, Day 11

We reached the Barrow Downs today. It was quiet there, and it was to foggy to see a hand before our eyes. So we used some spells to clear it up a bit, so we could see where we were going.

We came to a wide canyon, filled with even more fog. We were lucky enough to haven't run into wrights just yet, but we haven't seen Clare either. The canyon gave us hope - a little light could be seen in the fog. So we entered the canyon, expecting the worst.

The light was getting brighter and brighter, and we were getting close. Soon we got to it and Clare wat sitting there, tied up on the ground. Curtis ran to here - and freed here, they looked so happy together.

Clare told us Bohb had put me in that cell that night. We was somewhere here in the Barrow Downs. He has made a pact with the wights to gain more power.

Mwahahahahahahahaaa! Do you think you can just take here? My wights and wraiths have you surrounded Yog! You're doomed. I chenked it, ou can't harm 'em in anyway. Not with your weapons! You're doomed, DOOMED I tell you!

Out of nothing wights and wraiths came down, and we were surrounded. I cried out the battle orders. Trolls - circle formation, Golem crawlers - triangle formation!

I took out Squish and swung it around a few times, it didn't seem to impress anyone here, so I ataacked one of the wights with Squish, and Squish went right through it.

Some of the trolls were hanging in the air, and at that moment I figured something out - That was the key to all of this. It could end our trouble, so I ran towards Filthimar, and pulled out his shoes. The shere horror that came out of these... The whole army of wrights and wraits was gone in a few seconds, me men fainted, and so did I.

Yog
Grah!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 27 Jan 2006, 16:35

bumping this game thread. It needs more diary keepers :S.
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 27 Jan 2006, 17:51

Month 2 , Day 12

No sign of Bohb but the Wights have been charging us at every turn in the downs. Thanks to a good memory of Professor Knopfler's Alchemy classes, I remembered that Wights and other creatures here in the downs are better fought with Chemical Warfare since they have the ability to evade through apparation and evaporation. With the help of Curtis' cooking caldren, Filthimar's clothing and some other well intended ingrediants, I have come up with batch of "Filthy Juice." The chemical is an absolutely brilliant one shot drop for Wraiths.

I used my mother's greatest invention, a potion that actually let me enjoy the taste of vegetables when I was growing up, to mask the smell so that our army wouldn't even smell the stuff. As I built the Filth Juice, I also brewed a pot of what we've now started calling "Filth's Bath in a Bottle." I'd been tinkering with it for days with very enthusiastic help from Bolo who has grown tired of bathing Filthimar. I put the dwarves and golems on bottle building duty and have passed out battle rations of Filthy Juice and daily rations of Filth's Bath (Filthimar gets 12 a day) to everyone. I dipped squish (my weapon) and Falconey's spears in the cauldren before pouring the rations.

It works like a charm, Wraith's come at us... we attack with spirited weapons, and they fall like blankets off the neighborhood Genie Babies when you stun them to take their candy on all hallow's eve. We've even started moving faster now that we don't have to redirect formation depending on the wind and Filthimar's position.

Bohb knows these Wraith's won't be able to slow us down too much. I wonder where he's run off too and even better... why?

Note to self: Should not have kept my tent this close to Curtis and Clare's tent. Boy did they miss each other.

Yog

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 17:56

Month 2 day 13

We witnesed the most peculiar sight today.There was this demon with a with a mobile store selling spam in a can.He simply couldnt stop babling about the importance of my quest,and how it should continue,and how the fate of the world is in it,and so on.I dont know why,but after just about an hour,everyone of us had a bunch of spam in a can's,and many of our precious possessions were gone,alond with that strange demon.Ill have to make a new inventory list now.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Feb 2006, 07:53

We need to save this tread, its one of the best!
DaemianLucifer wrote:Month 2 day 13

We witnesed the most peculiar sight today.There was this demon with a with a mobile store selling spam in a can.He simply couldnt stop babling about the importance of my quest,and how it should continue,and how the fate of the world is in it,and so on.I dont know why,but after just about an hour,everyone of us had a bunch of spam in a can's,and many of our precious possessions were gone,alond with that strange demon.Ill have to make a new inventory list now.
Month 2 day 14

When we early this day arrived at a sorched hilltop we found the remains of the demon we meet yesterday, he was burnt so badly that he looked something draggen down through a sothy cave, we recognised him by his horns which was just slightly burnt. We guessed that this could be the work of a dragon, propably a kind gold or green one since they hate evil creatures such as demons. Our equipment had been taken away yet again since there was none of them around the demon corpse. Since the gold and green dragons live in mountains and high rocky hills, we could always try to find this dragon and ask him if he saw any equipment along with the demon before he got burnt. We got to find them, they are highly important for our further adventures.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 02 Feb 2006, 15:34

Month 2 Day 15 (day 1 of week 3)

Today we found out that we'd forgotten our batches of Filth-be-gone last 2 days... Seems we'd been down and out for some time. All our stuff is still here.

We got out of the Barrow Mouds and are heading to the barbaric lands once more. With Bolo's new knowlege of alchemy he made something he called 'Deoderant' It smelled lovely and was ment to keep Filthimar smelling ok, and neutralise his sweat.

It seems to work fine. I've made him head alchemist and he was over excited. He said that he'd get all the books about alchemy from now on, and become a real master.

Maharal needs another mercury check so I set Bolo on making something for him. The Golemcrawlers didn't get rusty by the fog of the Barrow Mounds, they have a new flashy material - Mithril. The Red dwarves have now finally accepted to get real names.

Hunter 1 - Grum
Hunter 2 - Frum
Hunter 3 - Roger
Warrior 1 - Boger
Warrior 2 - Ornag
Do-it-all - Doriun

So now I can finally get their names right. Stipa was glad about that too, he couldn't remember what dwarf he had told what.

Chuck and Gregory were busy repairing and keeping our weapons up to date, Amantar seemed to have an unendless amount of daggers, swords, spears clubs, pikes etc. He was glad someone else fixed them for a change.

Yog
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 03 Feb 2006, 22:11

Month 2, Day 16

Bolo keeps yelling random names making it impossible to remember the dwarves’ new names. On top of that, the dwarves have started raising their mugs, and shouting whatever name Bolo's given them this time and taken a swig. Over a creative campfire I heard 16 different names and 6 very inebriated dwarves.

I received word today from Sparks, by way of a messenger bird, that Bohb conquered a Castle north of the Barrow Mounds and had left Harmon and Dale to share reign over the locals. Normally, I would make way for Harmon and Dale’s place, but just as I was preparing the battle plans for all out assault on their castles someone came through my door.

I was so busy with the maps and notes that the first warning I had of the intruder was his voice. “I am Garich.” My head whipped up and there was Graddow – only now I knew he was Garich. Before I could reach for squish, Garich had raised his arm. “I bring no harm. My leaders only wish to know why you flirt with our border.”

“Flirt with what border? I was simply brought here by circumstance…” the discussion went on and on but something told me I never satisfied Garich’s curiosity and that I would continue to see Garich (Graddow) some more. And something tells me that I need to head closer to the Krewlod border.

Note to self: Don’t let Bolo guard the door anymore – Good thing Graddow came in peace this time.

Yog
Last edited by Anonymous on 04 Mar 2006, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Feb 2006, 13:07

Month 2 Day 17

Today we were torn between going to defeat Bohb, and going to the border, that what I was actually set out to do.

With my miniatures I made plans ready for both. I asked a counsil with my ymost important men and Bolo. Chuck, Gregory, Brigimar and Stipa thought it was best to get Bohb first, then revive our troops, and go to the border, which might get us in bigger trouble then ever.

Amantar, Bolo, the 'head' Dwarf and myself thought that leaving Bohb rot in his castle was a nice plan and go to the border for some real battles was a nicer idea.

Eventually, I saw that if we went to Bohbfirst, we could fight even more, so we decided that that was going to be our plan, only Bolo seemed a little reluctant.

So we packed our stuff, and headed around the Barrow mounts for that Castle of Bohb. Graddow / Garich came around when he saw us packing and move in the other direction, he told us farewell. I asked him he wanted to come along for a fight - since he's a goblin he'd enjoy a good fight, but he said no. He did have orders to follow us everywhere we went so he might join the fight if it looked like a good one.

I like those hardy barbarians. They're good people. I'd excange my golems for a group of wolf riders any time. Maharal however, is a good fighter, and I wouldn't want to loose him. He's a good troop with the Golemcrawlers, he can sort of communicate with them, they do better with Maharal around.

Yog
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 05 Feb 2006, 04:31

Month 2, Day 18

Gamemaker’s note: Bohb is not in Harmondale

This morning, I caught sight of Fastlane (my family's messenger bird) flying across the horizon. Without hesitation, I pulled out my wand and cast “Eagle Call” and that was enough to guide Fastlane in my direction.

Bolo went jumping behind Stipa as Fastlane soared into camp. He was carrying a large package that he dropped at my feet before landing on my shoulder and bopping his head into my neck. After about five minutes of playing with Fastlane I opened the package.

I was so busy unwrapping everything that I was too busy at first to notice that several flasks were wrapped carefully in none other than Solomon’s Special (my mother’s magic carpet). Along with the flasks and Solomon’s Special, mother had included a letter, a large hourglass bottle filled with sand, a small slingshot, several bags of treats for Fastlane (which Fastlane found), a check, and three wands.

I’ve attached the letter.
Yog,

I miss you so much. I do hope that you are well and you have been safe in your journey. I was thrilled to receive word from you and glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the cookies that Myrini sent for me.

I sold 10 of the 12 viles of Troglodyte's Blood for you (I kept two for our house). I’ve included a Bracada Express Traveler’s Cheque with the 388 gold pieces from the sale.

I’ve been so busy with my meal planning that I really feel I haven’t been a great companion for Fastlane. He needs to be out there flying and I just don’t have the energy to tire that bird out. I’ve included my carpet in the hopes that you could exercise Fastlane and keep him company. He really would have more fun with you anyway. Just be sure to send him home for visits with letters from your adventures. That way I’ll get to see Fastlane and hear from you.

I’ve sent an enchanted hourglass that is filled with sands of the Bracada Desert. You know how to use it. Just be careful. I’m not so sure how it behaves outside of Bracada. You may want to test it in calm conditions first.

The viles and wands each have small notes attached to them so you will know their uses. I hope your party enjoys the cookies – I’ve sent 20 dozen this time. That Filthimar sounds like he could eat several dozen himself. I’ve included a yo-yo slingshot for your little friend Bolo. It’s all the rage here in Bracada. He does sound very entertaining.

Love Always,
Your Mother
Along with the 20 dozen cookies, the vials and wands included several different meals, drinks and snacks, mostly my favorites. The dwarves were a little upset that she didn’t send beer but their belly aching stopped when they started digging into the cookies.

I spend the better part of the afternoon in the air with Fastlane on Solomon’s Special. I did miss that bird. While I was in the air, I decided to do a little recon on Harmon and Dale’s castle. I didn’t know Sparks meant a real castle. I figured that they just called it a castle. This is a real deal. I’ll need an army to do this.

After landing back at camp, I told everyone that we wouldn’t be able to attack the castle. If we’re to go to Harmondale, we’d have to have a plan to mingle into the castle in broad daylight unnoticed, and then try to find Harmon and Dale.

I’ll send Fastlane tomorrow to Jobbers and Sparks for more information about Harmondale.

Until then… I need sleep.

Yog

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 07 Feb 2006, 15:40

Month 2 Day 19

I took off to test my hour glass today. I fly far off and checked if it worked properly. It did, but it doesn't work as smoothly, and it takes time to get it 'running'.

It can come in usefull when I'll take the castle. I trained Fastlane some more today, and worked on our communication, so he can tell me what's up further a head. Chuck's eyes can see far, but it can't see over a hill or mountain (or wall for that matter).

When I came back Bolo had been messing with my flasks of food. He had analysed them and tried to put them back together. I was able to save them, but I'm not letting the flasks out of my sight again.

Bolo had also been busy working training with his sling, Curtis asked me if he could cook the damn thing. Bolo had slung several patches of dirt in his soup and he had to start over 4 times. Stipa and Amatar had been planning a way into the castle with our troops and had decided that it would be to dangerous.

So we decided that we'd go to a village near by the castle, it was a small goblin village and with their help we could overtake the castle.

Bolo was overjoyed when I told him we were going to a whole village full of "Graddows/Gradichs"

Thankfully my flasks weren't to messed up and we had a decent meal. Now I'm off to bed.

Yog.
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 07 Feb 2006, 23:52

Month 2, Day 20

I pulled up to a small village on the outskirts of the monstrosity that is now called Harmondale. I have no idea what they call this place but they may as well call it Bigot City. "No colored allowed." I know they must have meant it for the greenskins, but I'm blue through and through and there's no way around that. And the last time I checked, I'm pretty sure that Red Dwarves are red. The Rock trolls are green. And pretty much everyone else would either scare them to death or make them laugh.

Instead of sending of sending either big or little into the village, I opted to have Greg, Chuck and Curtis make their way into the village to see what they could find out.

I spotted Graddow and hailed him for a peaceful chat. Turns out that Bohb, Harmon and Dale had rallied the locals, invaded the castle, butchered many goblins and sympathetic swordsmen and had replaced the local leadership after the melee. Now any Goblins (or colors) found in the city limits will be captured, tortured, and finally put to death. Part of Graddow's mission, along with shadowing me, is this entire area and unlike Bracada, Krewlod is sympathetic to the plight of the Goblins in these parts.

The scattered Goblins had fortified Southeast of Harmondale (Northeast of here) and been building an arsenal of supplies from the Knigdom of Krewlod. They have great numbers but lack a formidable force to breech either the castle walls or to last in the town for any great period of time (the town is all in range of the towers).

Upon the men's return from the outer village at Harmondale my conversation was confirmed. Although welcomed with open arms by all of the locals they remarked how the men were so enthusiastic in their hate for goblins. Although the Weider's seemed to know the most about the Goblin's, they weren't any more sympathetic than any of the other families in the village. The Hume's wanted them enslaved. The Farswell's wanted them all shot. And the Kern's wanted them buried.

Curtis said the conversation didn't get much greater when he broached the subject about dwarves. Poppa Kern said that the dwarven labor had cost his uncle his job at the mines and that they were just a bunch of red bellied drunks. I took half offense to the remarks about blue-skinned genies. It seems that other than wanting to boss them around, that genies were second class and not wanted in these parts.

I sent Fastlane with a note for Graddow to take to the goblins.
Garich,

I know that Rock Trolls and Goblins have fought side by side before. Can you meet with the Goblins and gauge their interest of a joint effort to liberate Harmondale from it's current regime. It is our belief that the Castle and neighboring towns would better serve the community if all patrons were welcomed, regardless of race or color.

Please mention the makeup of our party. I'm sure you know it by now but just in case you don't… I am Yog. We have two quartergiants and a dwarven giant, 6 dwarves, five golems (three dragon walkers), four humans (maybe you should explain the men as sympathetic swordsmen), and a miniature archer.

If they are willing to join discuss joining forces, I would suggest that each group bring three representatives to the meeting and I would ask you to moderate it.

In order to keep the suspicions of the townsmen to a minimum and to hold the meeting at a neutral site, I would suggest meeting outside the main entrance of the White Cliff Cave.

Yog
Even before sending the letter, I brought Stipa (the Dwarven Giant) and Amantar (the leader of the rock trolls) in to discuss strategies. I've decided that the outer village might make a great staging point for our attack, but that we shouldn't take it until we have made our alliance with the goblins. We have decided that without the Goblins, Harmondale is not worth the risk, and that even the outer village might not be worth the risk since we would likely not be able to hold off an all out attack.

The funny thing is that through all my years in Bracada, I had only read stories of these goblins. Now I am suggesting to meet and to even ally with these creatures. Will they even understand me? I am anxious to hear from them. But I don't trust them.

Just before nightfall, I had our entire party pick up stakes and head for higher ground and into the thick. While I'm confident we are still well hidden from Harmon and Dale's forces, I now know that hundreds of Goblins will know of our presence before daylight. I don't need another surprise for breakfast.

Falconeye will have the midnight watch tonight.

Yog

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 08 Feb 2006, 14:30

Month 2 Day 21

Graddow got our message, and the goblins had decided that it was indeed for the best of interest that we rallied up and attack Harmondale. So I called Stipa and Amantar, and we went to White Cliff Cave with our plan set out.

Graddow and 3 other goblins were allready there. The 3 looked determined to fight back. Graddow introduced us all. The biggest, and probably strongest, golbin was called Bochnar. He was their militairy leader.

Then there was an old goblin, probably their head shaman, his name Wunsor. He was less cautious about us, and very friendly. Then there was a goblin, about my size, and he didn't look special. But there was something about him. His name was Irugar. I knew I could talk to this goblin.

It appeared we weren't the only one who broughht alongur plans. The goblins had thought out a plan as well. A well thought of plan - better than our, it fitted our every number, though under restimated myself and my troops (Amantar's troops were well thought of) So with our knowlege and their's we got up with the best plan.

Irugar invited us to his village, and I accepted the invitation. They hadn't attacked us during the night and the guy seemed to hate Harmon and Dale more than us. I did good not to tell them that Harmon and Dale had been part of our group. Graddow told me after wards that that had been a good decision. Goblins are very suspicous, and they thought that we might have attacked them over night. We would've been utterly defeated but they thought that we could have been an assasination squad from Harmondale.

So we packed up and headed to the village. Bolo was done with packing within half an hour, normally he'd take 2 hours for that.

I think I still won't sleep there, but our plans said we all had to be there for the attack anyway. Whilest on the move we saw that farmers from the fields were headed towards the castle with every bit of green they could get their hands on. They are preparing for battle as well.

Vlatava's clay was was getting hard in the sun. So we had to throw him in the river, after that he could come along agian. I'm setting him and Maharal on guard near our tents. Oh, and I 'forgot' to give Filthimar his anti-stench potion. That'll keep 'em away. And me awake.

I had sent Fastlane to Harmondale to check on the latest troop info. It looked like Harmon and Dale had no new troops. He did see reinforments comming from the south, but they were 3 days away. We'd have enough time to concor Harmondale and rally all 'Colored' people and keep Harmondale.

I'm a bit sleepy, but I need to keep awake. So I cast the 'Caffine' spell on myself. That gives loads of energy.

Yog
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 11 Feb 2006, 19:05

Month 2 Day 22

Thanks to Fastlane and Solomon's Special, I was able to map out the area (see map below).

D1 Harmondale (a.k.a. White’s Castle to the goblins)
F2 The Goblin Fort Ogriss
#6 White’s Village
D2 White Cliff Caves

We have started calling the small village South of Harmondale White’s Village, because of it’s relativity to both the White Cliff caves and the “no colored allowed” sign which I read days ago.

The goblins, which include Bochnar (the military leader), Wunsor (shaman), and Irugar, returned to Fort Ogriss (as they call it). We spent the better part of the day at Ogriss where the men from the Harmondale area dare not tread. We are all confident that the men have no idea of our presence in Ogriss. The element of surprise is still very much ours. Most of the day was spent in the war chamber going over the plan. In all, there were twelve of us in the room. In addition to Graddow and the three representatives met at White Cliff Caves, there was myself, Amantar (the Rock Troll) and Stipa (the DwarvenGiant), and five goblin “Clan Commanders.”

Wunsor is the former Clan Commander of the Stormbringer Clan, and now serves at Fort Ogriss as the Grand Shaman, something which he lightly suggested was mostly a ceremonial title, but I think better of that idea. Bochnar is the Supreme Commander of the Green Army and is also in charge of the elite force of hobgoblins (1st Hobgoblin Horde). Commander Irugar is the Commandant of the Green Army (second in command) and to my great surprise, Garich the Graddow, was given a provisional rank of Horde Commander in the Green Army, and was charged with leading the 3rd Hobgoblin Horde.

The rest of the Goblin army is split into five unique clans, each with specialists. Clan Commander (CC) Grommel leads the Stone Crusher Clan which is the renowned goblin infantry. CC Grax leads the Hellfire Clan, which is known for its ranged abilities. CC Faine leads Stormbringer Clan (Wunsor the Shaman’s old clan), which specializes in all forms of elemental magic. CC Syst leads the Plaguespitter Clan, which specializes in poisons and acids to wage chemical warfare on their enemies. CC Naxus leads the Nighthord Clan, which specializes in night attacks, crypt and tunnel warfare because of their excellent night vision and training.

Clan Commander Naxus was introduced last. Although I had been admiring everyone and everything about this Goblin outfit, Naxus had a cold, almost morbid, feeling that emanated from every pour of his body. As the day wore on, it became clear that of all the fine leaders in the room, Naxus would be the one I was least comfortable with and the one that I would need to work closest with.

With the help of Naxus and the Nighthord Clan, my original idea of taking White’s Village and using it as a staging area was enveloped into the master plan. That night, our two armies were to convene at White Cliff’s cave, where we would stay for the remainder of the day, while the Nighthord clan would retrieve the stockpiles of poisons and acids for the Plaguespitter Clan, the magic supplies for the Stormbringers, and the weapons for the Hellfire and Stone Crusher clans. Unbeknownst to any of us, the White Cliff’s Cave was where the goblin’s weapon stockpiles were stored. At our first meeting, their greatest fear was that we had found and commandeered them. That’s why they looked so ready to fight!

The six dwarves and three dragon golems would transport the stockpiles back to the fort for the remainder of the night.

The rest of us, along with the entire Nighthord clan would attack and control White’s Village. In addition to being a great staging area, Farswell had a huge stockpile of arrowheads and Tularean Wood that would greatly improve the Hellfire clans ranged weaponry.

After taking White’s Village, the wood and weaponry would be marched back to Ogriss by the Nighthord clan. At that point, our troops would “hide” in the village (hopefully resting) until our turn to attack. While we rested and hid in the village the three hobgoblin hordes and four out of five goblin clans would attack the township.

The Hellfire and Stormbringer clans would try to get the high ground on the hills and the Stone Crusher and Plaguespitter clans would drive straight through the main valley entrance into the town on the far side of the castle. If all went well, the second wave would include our troops from the South and the Nighthord clan from Ogriss to converge on the castle.

The second wave would combine a flank to the castle and fully rested troops, and would allow the Stormbringer and Hellfire troops to reposition from a town fight to a castle fight.

We left Ogriss with Naxus and his clan, although his “clan” only included a couple dozen Nighthords. Naxus and the Nighthords all jumped into “battle cart transports” with our slower troops that were pulled by the dragon golems. Stipa and the quartergiants marched as I used Solomon’s Special and we reached the White Cliff Caves in record time.

I had been skeptical about the Nighthord’s numbers but as we reached caves, Naxus pulled out a battle horn and blew two long and two short notes. At that moment hundreds of Nighthords poured out of the caves entrance in full battle garb with weapons and supplies. The battle carts were emptied of troops and filled with supplies and started heading back to Ogriss to meet up with the Green army over night.

The battle for White’s Village was over before it even began. The Nighthord’s entered every residence simultaneously and the villagers were cut down and silenced without a single scream. White’s Village was ours. Color Allowed!

We emptied Farswell’s wood and arrowhead stockpile and ate and drank from the kitchens of White’s Village. Before too long it was time to pack up the Nighthords for their march back to Ogriss. I shook Naxus’ hand with a new found respect. In the day, he seemed cold and morbid, but and the Nighthords came alive at night. They were energetic, enthusiastic, and braver than anyone I know. I wished them luck in their journey.

Just as they left, the dragon golems arrived with Bolo and the Red Dwarves. The goblins would attack the town dawn which was only about an hour away. But our next mission was sleep, and my troops were ready. The snores from Filthimar and Brigimar were fast upon us. They slept in Farswell’s woodsheds, as the rest of us stayed in the houses. We would need to stay indoors until noon. With the golems taking the watch, we all get to sleep the morning away.

Yog

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 11 Feb 2006, 22:41

Month 2 Day 23

Wha? Whaz happenin'? Why'd ya wake me up thiz early?

Bolo stood by my bed. It appeared that Harmon's troops had heard of our attack and send a company here. The golems spotted them in time, we had a minute before they came.

Amatar and the trolls stood ready, The Dragon golems were still moving stuff, so all I had was Bolo, Stipa, Brigimar and Filthimar. I took out Solomon's special and casted some blessings, and curses on the company the was heading towards us.

They made a narrow front so I ordered our troops in to a horseshoe positions. Filtimar and Brigimar breached through their shields and Bolo managed to take out a lot with his sling, and some rancid potion he had brew some time ago -> I was relieved he used them, because he had made them to b like my mom's diners in a bottle. I was supposed to eat them. Instead it killed a few squires.

The locals (at least those that were left), who had heard our fighting came out of their houses and tried to join, but they wer equickly delt with. Appearantly Naxus had left a dozen goblins behind in case we got attacked.

Back to the main fight, the trolls hacked through the troops like a .. eerhm, well like a troll hacks through troops.. Really quick. The company wasn't big enough to defeat us.

We went back to sleep, I did wake up a little earlier than expected, but that was a good thing, that way, I could fix Maharal and Vlatava. They were pretty damaged from the fight. Amantar suprised me, he knew his medicine well. He took care of his troops, and he thought me a bit of medicine as well. So before I knew it, I was healing those trolls as well. They were getting more and more respect for me each day.

After that the dragongolems got back and so it was time for fase 2 of our plan. So I got my troops together and we joined the second wave. The dwarves slept behind the controls, they'd be ready to fight when we got there. Maharal directed the dragongolems to were the were to go.

I send Fastlane ahead for a report, and it seemed like everything went accordingly to plan, except the Plaguespitter Clan, whom were having a problem with the amounts of poison. They expected to use less, and had to improvise at the spot. So I asked Bolo whether he had more of those 'diner' potions, and he siad he had lots of them. So I took out Solomon's Special and flew of to the Plaguespitters to bring them some more poison.

When I came back to my troops, they had reached the battlefront and were making mince meat off the bulk of Dale's army. The battle was mainly a clach of swords, but the occasional spear flew across the battlefield and some small stones.

Dale's troops were doing bad and then a dozen of well dressed knights came out of the castle and came and fight on the battle field. I knew I had to take out these geezers so I grabbed Squished firmly and slashed my way through the troops to get to those knights. And there he was. Dale. In full armor, but still looking as dimm as ever.

He rode towards me and took a swing. He missed. But I hadn't. His horse was on the ground, now it was between me and him. I slammed him on the head and he fell down oncountious. I left him there and after the army was defeated, I took him along. I felt no need to kill him, after all, it was not he who had made these humans discriminating monsters. I had to get Bohb. So I threw him in prison and send Fastlane with a message.

I'll have to wait how Bohb will react. But I know that our forces have incamped the castle and are now resting. We've got White's Village And the castle is all that remains. We've got some time off now. It's up to them to do something.

Oh I have to mention though, some of the trolls have perished, and Vlatava. He was cleaved by one of Dale's troops after killing dozens of them. I'll miss all of them.

Yog
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 12 Feb 2006, 18:41

Month 2, Day 24

When I came out of the main castle entrance, I was greeted by a silent look from Stipa. It was at that point that I realized why he was looking at me that way. I turned my head to see the body of Harmon hanging limp from the left turret. It was only a moment before I scanned to the right turret to see the limp body of Dale hanging from the opposite tower.

Both bodies had been hung in a morbid display. The masses of goblins were carting off the meat of both friend and foe that had fallen in combat. Luckily, since Vlatva could never be considered meat, our fallen companion's body was safe, but Amantar's buddy had been carted off.

I sent word to Bracada of the battle, just as Garich had sent word to Krewlod.

"Good battle Yog. White's Castle is free again."

Is it?

Our war council met today in the war room in the main castle. The Goblins decided that I was to be given the rank of "Commander of the Air Force." Considering Fastlane and I are the only one's who can fly, I figure it's mostly a ceremonial title.

The rest of the meeting was a blur.

The public murder of Harmon and Dale was hailed as a display that persecution of the green army deserves punishment by death. They decided to keep the name of the castle as Harmondale. The Southern Tower would be named Harmon and the Northern Tower Dale.

Bochnar was put in charge of the main castle, our army was put in charge of the Northern Tower and Irugar was given control of the Southern Tower. Wunsor was awarded the residency in the alchemist tower. Faine and the Stormbringers were given complete reign over the various magic shops throughout the village. Grax and the Hellfire clan were stationed in the towers and turrets. Grommel and the Stone Crusher clan were charged with reconnaissance of the village and of fortifying White’s Town. Naxus and the Nighthords were put in charge of the dungeons and pits.

I tried to argue that the Southern tower was a better position for my army because of it’s strategic location to White’s Town but I was clearly outnumbered.

Later that day Amantar notified me that he had been approached by the green army to command the bridge and that he had accepted the position.

“They need me here more than you need me. These are my people.”

That night I tried to put myself into the shoes of the goblins but something about their barbaric ways still bothered me. Since I never saw the evil sides of either Harmon or Dale, I must say that there killings to me seemed extreme.

I’ve asked Amantar to remain with my army for the remainder of the month since I think that the rock trolls would be in better position to defend any attack from the troops coming from the South. If they don’t attack, we’ll attack them when they turn.

With Harmon and Dale dead, I’m afraid that chasing Bohb to the North will prove worthless, not to mention taking me further and further from the Krewlod border.

I sent Fastlane to Bracada with three letters: one for the Wizards; one for mother; and one for Myrini.

Yog

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 15 Feb 2006, 16:29

Month 2 Day 25

So here we are in Dale's tower. Stipa, Brigimar and Bolo were out on the balconies. Clair and Curtis were getting some food from the castle, Chuck and Gregory were patching up the armory once more.

Filthimar was having a bath, and we were going to drain his 'bathwater' again for the mercury. The Dragongolems/Crawlers were downstairs and so were the dwarves, who were cleaning them. Maharal needed to be fixed as well, but the dwarves wanted to fix their golems first.

I took some remains of Vlatava with me and I've decided to make a mini Vlatava out of them. But I wanted to get things straight first.

So after this whole fight, what did we gain? The death of Harmon, Dale and Vlatava, the loss of the rock trolls, and no Bohb.

I'm guessing Bohb is safe and sound somewhere in Baracada now and we won't hear anything about him anymore. And I think that's the best for all.

Late in the evening Fastlane returned with 2 letters and a Package:

First I took out the letter with the Wizrds seal on it, it had to be important.
The High council of Wizards wrote:Dear Yog,

We are pleased to hear you are still alive, and have taken out the rebels Harmon and Dale. The Goblins shall have their castle, but you aren't allowed to give up your original mission. We still want you to get to the Krewlod border.

We do, however, have some good news for you. You've been promoted to Luitenant of the Baracada army, 6th company, 2nd regiment. Here by we will send you the troops that now fall under your command to you in Harmondale.

These will consist of: a band of Gargoyles, a band of stone golems and several grey dwarves.

These troops will arrive at your position in 4 and a half days.

Yours truely,

The high council
I am pleased to know that I will be able to go on with my journey, even without the trolls. I'll have one day of rest for the dwarves, and then I'll move on to the border.

Next I opened the package, and read the letter in it.
Mom wrote:Hi Yog,

I'm pleased to hear you've survived the battle. I want you to get out of those goblins way as soon as possible. I don't trust goblins, and that Nexus guy seems like a real creap.

Oh I wish you could come home, but I bet the High council won't let you. You've done so many good things out there that they probably wouldn't let you in the city.

I've added 2 dozens of cookies and and some meal potions. Hope you'll like 'em,

Mom
And the last letter from Myrini
Myrini wrote:Hy Yog,

So you've had loads of adventures, I wish I could come along with you, I'd like to see a real battle once too.

I'm glad to hear you've got quite some new men. Although the rocktrolls are leaving you. And I'm very proud that you concored the castle.

I agree wit hyou the Harmon and Dale shouldn't have gotten to their ends like that, but then again they were doing a wrong thing. You mustn't forget that tolerance isn't everywhere as good as in Bracada Yog.

I hope to see you seen and wish you all best

Myrini
I'm sending her another letter to let her know that battle isn't as nice as she thinks it is. But for now. I'm getting some sleep.

Yog
Grah!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 22 Feb 2006, 05:18

Gamemaker's note: I won't be able to write anything for Yog for a little (busy at work) but I'd love to see a few more journalists pick up the slack. We only have a couple writers right now so feel free to join in

Please note, this is not an actual entry so there is no day given.

Gravyluvr

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 23 Feb 2006, 15:42

Fellow Journalist note:

Yeah we really need more writers! And I thought there was something fishy, normally you'd have a new part within the week.
Grah!

Return to “Campfire”