Your browser

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

Your browser

Internet Explorer 1-6
19%
Other Trident-based (IE7, Maxthon etc.)
No votes
Mozilla Firefox
65%
Other Gecko-based (Netscape, Mozilla etc.)
1%
Other Gecko-based (Netscape, Mozilla etc.)
1%
Opera
10%
KHTML-based (Konqueror etc.)
1%
Text-based
1%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 69

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Feb 2006, 06:19

Sikon wrote:So, 68% for Firefox so far. Not bad, compared to the official statistics of 8-12%. Anyone mind if I put the poll on the main CH page?
I don't think many people will mind, per se, but I'm not sure what it has to do with Might and Magic. :?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Feb 2006, 10:14

Explorer for me :devious:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jul 2006, 21:40

While I use Opera on my desktop at home and am quite satisfied, I have experienced lots of trouble with it on my recently revived laptop. It frequently decides to simply freeze up (program not responding). Therefore, I have switched to Firefox instead. No problems so far.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 28 Jul 2006, 23:05

Using Firefox almost exclusively.
Only using IE when I absolutely have to, like for my home banking and Windows Update.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Jul 2006, 23:52

im an ie person - have to use it at work and therefore am most used to it

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 31 Jul 2006, 21:12

Voted for text based :-) it loads fast, and I can get the needed information in no time. Otherwise I'm using firefox. Ie for homepage testing only. sometimes opera also, it's a very good browser, ff won only because superior web developing tools.
LordHoborgXVII wrote: Internet Explorer.
I have Mozilla Firefox, and I use it occasionally, but I actually find it quite cumbersome. It has problems with popups and with download managers besides its own. So I always use only IE, but I keep that firefox shortcut handy just to keep any firefox jihadists from complaining.
Firefox has a good download manager extension, and opera has built-in bittorrent client. If you ever do homepages, you can forget ie... anyway, it's nearly five years old, too old for a web browser. And about popups: you can disable them anytime in ff.
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 01 Aug 2006, 01:12

i used to use Lynx .... thanks for reminding me of the good old days of uni unix cunning death :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Aug 2006, 03:02

Firefox. After WB's tip of a it. Actually, I think it's good, since I have nothing beyond to ask for. But Microsoft IE started giving me trouble, then I dropped it. The 'problem of the day' was: unable to write on fields. As it started without any explanation, I just got tired and found another thing to navigate. And here it is.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 28 Aug 2006, 10:25

I used to use Firefox, but now I've moved to Opera. Opera's really a superb browser; the mouse controls really simplify things. Plus it's fast and looks neat :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Aug 2006, 11:18

Banedon wrote:I used to use Firefox, but now I've moved to Opera. Opera's really a superb browser; the mouse controls really simplify things. Plus it's fast and looks neat :)
I'm also looking for this, especially because I heard that under linux Opera is faster than FF.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 00:10

perhaps it's time i tried something other than ie then .... but then i'd have to swap my wife over as well, and she is pretty happy with ie too .... maybe some other time
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Aug 2006, 06:14

Swapping files is easy(at least in opera).Theres always the import button.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 06:46

are we talking about swapping files, or wives??? cause i thought it was the latter .... :D

unless you were talking to someone else
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 19:28

God, i hate IE. And after getting used to Firefox i doubt i could ever go back to a browser that lacks tabs. Oh, how i love them tabs.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DemonHunter
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DemonHunter » 02 Sep 2006, 11:24

ThunderTitan wrote:God, i hate IE. And after getting used to Firefox i doubt i could ever go back to a browser that lacks tabs. Oh, how i love them tabs.
the yahoo!-toolbar adds tabs to IE :)
I suddenly discovered that some weeks ago :D
Alltough I still prefer opera, and sometimes firefox

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 03 Sep 2006, 22:06

DemonHunter wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:God, i hate IE. And after getting used to Firefox i doubt i could ever go back to a browser that lacks tabs. Oh, how i love them tabs.
the yahoo!-toolbar adds tabs to IE :)
I suddenly discovered that some weeks ago :D
Alltough I still prefer opera, and sometimes firefox
TT has right with the tabs: one can't get rid of them, if you tried it, you can't miss them.
And DH, I don't like these shiny toolbars (yahoo, msn, google etc.) they're sometimes just too annoying... and they don't change the fact that ie is soooooooo ooooold. That's why I don't like it. Maybe ie7 will be better.
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 04 Sep 2006, 02:42

Firefox has a really cool Video Downloader extension. Even works with youtube flv files.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 09 Sep 2006, 12:06

Speaking of Firefox, is there any way to recover my bookmark list after my system mysteriously crashed yesterday? It's very odd because when the crash happened, Firefox wasn't even running. Now when I started the browser, there were only the initial Mozilla links in the list and everything else was gone. :S
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Sep 2006, 13:06

Maybe ie7 will be better.
No, it won't. :devil:

Firefox somewhere store your profile and usually it is under the same place like your bookmarks, backuped bookmarks and so... Take a look for MozillaProfile or just bookmark*
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Sep 2006, 14:04

theLuckyDragon wrote:Speaking of Firefox, is there any way to recover my bookmark list after my system mysteriously crashed yesterday? It's very odd because when the crash happened, Firefox wasn't even running. Now when I started the browser, there were only the initial Mozilla links in the list and everything else was gone. :S
That same weird bug used to happen after every crash to me with operas previous versions.But last two versions fixed it,so I guess you could ask them how they fixed it :D

Return to “Campfire”