Bugs?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 06 Jan 2006, 01:41

My pleasure, Protecyon.

I don't believe that we have met. I must say that I own you a debt of gratitude.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jan 2006, 01:46

Nice avatar. Suits ya... ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 06 Jan 2006, 04:01

Not sure that's a bug: msn accounts are being displayed in text, not with a picture like other IM accounts in the profiles of members who entered it.
Image Spiritu Insanum

protecyon
Golem
Golem

MSN

Unread postby protecyon » 06 Jan 2006, 04:08

Hey Wildbear,

It's not a bug; Microsoft lacks a website similar to those of AOL and Yahoo for their instant messenger software. Thus, we have to resort to just displaying the text.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Username

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jan 2006, 04:29

protecyon wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:Yes.It said that it is already registered.And it is,I checked the names.But never mind.Since post number has been reseted Ill get acustomed to this one.
Did you by any chance try to reregister before first posting here, or have you recently changed your password?

The passwords between your celestial account and the "Daemian Lucifer" account do not match, however if you wish, I can sync up the two account passwords.

Protecyon
No,I loged in just fine.Then I went to see my profile and checked the checkboxes differently(I didnt touch anything else).Then I got loged off,and when I couldnt log in,I tried recreating the account,but it said that it already existed.So I went to memberlist and found that I have this nick as well.And I loged in without problems.Then I asked angelspit fot help before posting here.I guess he changed the password(but I still couldnt log in with that nick).Anyhow,it doesnt matter now,so you can delete the old nick if you wish(just dont confuse them.Now Im without a space)

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 06 Jan 2006, 04:29

It's hard to answer that without making a MS joke, but I'll resist, I'll resist.

Ok, so that's why msn mailboxes receive so much spam, sorry if the message made you fear another big bug hunt. :)
Image Spiritu Insanum

protecyon
Golem
Golem

DaemianLucifer

Unread postby protecyon » 06 Jan 2006, 04:33

DaemianLucifer,

Are you sure about the nickname? I can get it back up and running with a space.

Also, did you by any chance change the email?

Have you tried using the profile recently, and performing the same action with your new username? Do you no longer have trouble with the profile?

WildBear,

Don't worry, my only fear is inconveniencing any of our members with the bugs. I'm more than happy to fix them.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jan 2006, 04:51

Yes I have changed the nickname.

Nah,Im fine like this.Already I started spamming,and I dont want to loose my momentum :devil:

protecyon
Golem
Golem

Solved

Unread postby protecyon » 06 Jan 2006, 05:17

DaemianLucifer wrote:When I got here,naturally I loged in as Daemian Lucifer(with a space between),but when I did some adjustments to my profile,suddenly I was loged out and couldnt log in again.Then I found out that I can log in like this(without the space).Its not really a big deal,but Im a little bit of a hair splitter when it comes to that name.

PS:Finally,a smile of my own :devil:
We figured out the cause of the problem. "Daemian Lucifer"(With a space). Changed the email address in his profile. The email address is a critical portion of the forum's validation scheme. As such he was sent a new validation email, which he found in his spam box. I assume the forum warned him about needing to revalidate, but he probably just missed it.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 06 Jan 2006, 06:16

One more bug: forum posts with BBCode tags in comments threads are shown incorrectly on the main site. I see three possible solutions:

- stripping tags and showing raw text (temporary, before a better solution is found);
- reimplementing the forum's BBCode parser in the comments script;
- abolishing the comments script, instead redirecting the comments link to an appropriate forum thread.

I favor the third solution.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 06 Jan 2006, 09:30

I like the comments script and therefore would prefer the tags to be interpreted there as well.

Update: If you won't make the "Notify me when a reply is posted" as Off for default, you could at least enclose it with a label, like

Code: Select all

<label for="notify"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" id="notify" /> Notify me when blah...</label>

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jan 2006, 13:03

Not exatly a bug, but it might be useful to know:

I had changed my password on my CH account about a week ago, but when I tried it on the forum it didn't work. When i tried my former pass it did work. So if u get "invalid pass" and had changed it recently try the old one.
Then you can change it yourself, save the mods time. ;)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

protecyon
Golem
Golem

Notification

Unread postby protecyon » 06 Jan 2006, 17:30

Jerrie wrote:I like the comments script and therefore would prefer the tags to be interpreted there as well.

Update: If you won't make the "Notify me when a reply is posted" as Off for default, you could at least enclose it with a label, like

Code: Select all

<label for="notify"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" id="notify" /> Notify me when blah...</label>
I'm sorry that I forgot to reply. It was a busy day yesterday. The default is now off, but given that I don't know who wants what type of option at this point, you can set your preferance by going into your profile.

protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 07 Jan 2006, 00:57

Sikon wrote:One more bug: forum posts with BBCode tags in comments threads are shown incorrectly on the main site. I see three possible solutions:

- stripping tags and showing raw text (temporary, before a better solution is found);
- reimplementing the forum's BBCode parser in the comments script;
- abolishing the comments script, instead redirecting the comments link to an appropriate forum thread.

I favor the third solution.
I whipped up a quick bbcode parser. I'm not sure how well it'll work because I did not test it much, as such I will depend on your feedback.

If it's not good enough I will improve it based on all of your comments.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 07 Jan 2006, 14:19

Probably not a 'bug' but a problem for me.

I'm using Mozilla, not sure what my screen res is set at... but the banner at the top is to wide for my screen. It makes the message boxes to wide and I have to scroll left and right to read the board. VERY annoying.

Any suggestions? Suggested Screen Resolution?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Jan 2006, 14:23

You're probably using 800x600. You will have no problem if you increase it to 1024x768, the standard resolution these days. Another possibility is to switch to the SubSilver layout, which can be selected from your profile. It's not as pretty as the default design, but it fits the lower resolutions better.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 08 Jan 2006, 01:21

Not sure if this is already posted, but this thing is more annoying than a bug. For some reason I keep getting notified of a reply even when I switched that option off in my profile - it's very annoying indeed, and if I keep deleting it I fear Yahoo! will mark it as spam, and then all e-mail from this forum would be spam.

protecyon
Golem
Golem

Off

Unread postby protecyon » 08 Jan 2006, 02:25

I turned the feature off for all existing members, if you keep getting the message send me a pm.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 08 Jan 2006, 13:01

Angelspit wrote:You're probably using 800x600. You will have no problem if you increase it to 1024x768
Yeah, that fixed it. But now the type is so small... I might have to start wearing my glasses at the computer.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jan 2006, 13:29

Try hitting "ctrl" + "+", it should increase text size. Don't know how good it will look though.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Campfire”