Bugs?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jul 2008, 08:11

Minor problem... when i go "Mark all read" then post something it shows as if someone made a new post in the main forum window, but it was me, and it doesn't show in the individual forums windows...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Jul 2008, 17:48

Huh, indeed here must be something all wrong.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Jul 2008, 16:38

There's a problem I think with the

Code: Select all

tag. It doesn't work at all (it's like I don't use it!) - the [code] and 
stuff doesn't appear though, so I think it reads it but doesn't apply any effect.

Oh and I'm using the Dungeon style if it matters.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Jul 2008, 16:49

It works for me... it's just that the box is too narrow. I'm in subSilver.

#include<iostream.h>
Edit: Switched to Dungeon and it's not working anymore. It appears as plain text, not even within a box.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Jul 2008, 17:53

Yep, I will check that thoroughly (it's already in my notes, I spotted some bad errors yesterday), this is important. However my free time mostly revolve only over the weekends. Sorry.

This is the test sentence.
Anyway, as of now, it appears for me to be working.
(Looking from Dungeon)

[q=""]Oh and I'm using the Dungeon style if it matters.[/q]
Always, that is an important observation. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Jul 2008, 18:15

Yes, it works now :)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 07 Jul 2008, 18:20

Is there an option to not wrap the code? (for ASCII art for example)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Jul 2008, 22:16

Borsuc wrote:Is there an option to not wrap the code? (for ASCII art for example)
Of course, with exception of

[/color] there isn't. And shouldn't been.
"We made it!"

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 08 Jul 2008, 11:56

I meant to use a slider in code just like in images? ;)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Jul 2008, 11:57

I know this is not a bug, but...

It would be cool to have the ability to change the font (and to a fixed-width one preferably, such as Courier)

Something like [font="Courier"] [/font].

That would make possible the manipulation of the size of a fixed-width font, and the ASCII art would look much better and smaller :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jul 2008, 19:26

Borsuc wrote:I meant to use a slider in code just like in images? ;)
Slider not a trouble (see subsilver), some css details however are.

I know this is not a bug, but...

It would be cool to have the ability to change the font (and to a fixed-width one preferably, such as Courier)

Something like [font="Courier"] [/font].

That would make possible the manipulation of the size of a fixed-width font, and the ASCII art would look much better and smaller
That's a good idea but here are some cons.

[ascii="Example:"]
88888888888888888888888888888888...........//////////////////////................................................................................
.ooooooooooooopppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppppppppppxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
88888888888888888888888888888888dddddddddddddsio999999999999999999999999999999íííííííiiiiiiiioppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppppxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttčččččččččččččččččččččččččč
[/ascii]
Switch to subSilver to see it correctly. And consider. ;)
Do you know that we have even hidden smileys... :gking2:

Ah, and the cons. I need to modify two files in every style. One can be automated, the other one must be done by hand. Can do tomorrow.

I'm still not sure how this is working. If the lines are having same width and heights. It doesn't appears so.

[/ascii="title or space"][/ascii]
"We made it!"

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 09 Jul 2008, 02:23

Pol wrote:Do you know that we have even hidden smileys...
Hehe...finally figured out how to get to them! :D
Anyways, why don't you just add them to the "More Emoticons" menu? :)

The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jul 2008, 05:33

:joker: :iceblock: :mohaha: :anime: :?: :friskypirate: :gking: :gking2: :pisces: :capricornus: :gemini: :taurus: :leo: :tiger: :libra: :panda:
Because here's too much of them, doesn't mean that they aren't in already somehow...

:joker: :iceblock: :mohaha: :anime: :?: :friskypirate: :gking: :gking2: :pisces: :capricornus: :gemini: :taurus: :leo: :tiger: :libra: :panda:
Hope, panda doesn't mind! :D
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jul 2008, 19:04

Done, the ascii tag is now available in all styles.

Post Scriptum - the above example is of course not any ascii art, just me hitting keyboard in random directions. :-D

If I will come on how to remove extra empty lines, it will a perfect use. :D
Last edited by Pol on 09 Jul 2008, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 09 Jul 2008, 19:10

Thanks Pol, it works :) (tested it with some previews)

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 09 Jul 2008, 19:26

the white spaces don't seem to work (don't have a fixed length), is it a bug or it's how it was intended? :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jul 2008, 19:27

`.:+yh+                      
                                                         ``.-:/osyddso-                      
                                                     `-+oyyyhhhdhysoo.                       
                                                  `:oyhhdddddyo++ss:`                        
                                             `..:+oydmmmmdy+/+sss/`                          
                         ``....`` ``...---::::/+sdmmddyssoossss+.                            
              `....--://+osyyyssoo//:////os+++syyhmdysoosss+/-`                              
              /osshyyssyyhhhdddddyysys+/++o+oosoooossso:.                                    
              .+++/+ooo++/++oosoo//sh+/:://////::/osys:                                      
                `-/osyyyysyyssooos+/::--::/++ssos//yhys-                                     
                    `-:::-://+oo+o/--::://++yN+hh-o/shyo-                                    
                       `.://+//++/:..---//:oys/hh+sy/yyso`                                   
                     `:++++oo/:://-....-://oysssyyhso+yso`         `````                     
                   `-/+ooooo+/////-..----:/+oyhsddhys/os-  `/:.`.-:+++oo:.`                  
                 `:+++oosso+++oo+/..--://+sdmNMMMNmds+os/` :yo//syyhysyyso/-.                
                `/o//:/oso:/++sso/--:/+oyhNMNmmmdoddy+oo//-shs+o+sysyyhyssso/--`             
                :oo/:+o+++://+oso+::/oshh-:-.....-ohh++/++oyhs+ss/yydhmNNhhho+/:-..--`       
               -+o+://:+o+///++oos+:-:--`  .-:+ooo//os+::+shdy+++/omhdmmmdhshyo+/-...`       
              ./oo:/::+o+//++ooo+oyo/-  `-+sshdysoo+/://+sydyoosooomdydhsdmo+://::/+:        
             .:/o/:::/ooo////+osoo++o+::///++:--::::-/ooooysosso++ohmhyhhh+//:--/so/.`       
             -/os/:://+o+///+ooossooso+--:-.------:/+++osyho++//+:h/yhyhso///+:.:h+.:-       
             -+oo+:::/+o+++++oooooossoooooooooo+ooooo++osdmhs+yhso/-+so-s+:::/:-:+-:::`      
             ./+o/:::/+os+++++ooooooooosooosooo++ooooooshNdys/yhyh/-//..o++/---..--:/-`      
             `:://:--/+ooo++++ooooooooso+oooooo+oooosssydNmyyds/:ys+/::hds+o-:o/:-.-:-`      
             `--::::::/++++oo+++++oooooooo++++++o+ossosymNds+::/+/yyyso/-+o//:/ho:-:-``      
              `...-::::/++ssso+++++//+++++++++o++++o+osydmdhs+:-.`-y:`.:.-//+/:/:-.-.`       
                `..---/oyysyssyss++/:::///+++++/++oosyhhmNNNmdho:-..``````...-/+/-..`        
                 `.+..//odhyyyyhdhdyys++++ooosssyyyyyyhmmmmNNNNmdyso++++++++ooso+:.`         
                 `.+..-.oyhsoyhyhmdysyhdddmmdyydhhyshsshmmmddmmhhdhhyssyyhdhdyoo+:-`         
                 `...-::+osyyddhdyhho+ohmmNNmdhdyo/hhhhhdhdyyyyyyyyssoo+++o++//:--`          
                            ````````````.........````````````
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jul 2008, 19:31

Whitespace is working. Just the additional odd blank lines are bug.
I will look into them later and strip them. So it will be looking normally. ;)
"We made it!"

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 09 Jul 2008, 19:36

Oh yeah, now it works, guess I did something stupid :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Jul 2008, 18:25

Can't say if it's a bug, if it's happening with someone else or what, but it's bugging and annoying me rather a lot: I have disabled the option for me to have a message sent to my e-mail whenever someone replies or posts something on a thread I've posted several times already, and I keep receiving them. I've been almost 2 weeks without opening my e-mail address. When I opened it this morning, almost 490 e-mails from Celestial Heavens were there, mingled with some useful ones.

Really, can anyone disable that PERMANENTLY for me, please? :|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Campfire”