Spiderman 3

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Spiderman 3

Unread postby Angelspit » 10 Nov 2006, 17:04

The trailer is out.

I'm not a huge fan of super-heroes, but the X-Men and Spiderman movies are quite good. What about you?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Nov 2006, 17:12

The first two X-Men were good. I never really liked the Spiderman movies.

I'm a big fan of US comics in general but I've always been more DC than Marvel. In terms of movie adaptations, I liked the 2 Batman by Tim Burton, Batman Begins is quite good, and I also loved Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 10 Nov 2006, 17:45

Thus far, from what I have seen of the Trailer, the Venom storyline looks to be spot on. Especiall the bell tower scene. Though not sure of how Parker gets the symbiant in the movie as of yet, I hope they keep really it close to the storyline.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Spiderman 3

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Nov 2006, 18:11

Angelspit wrote: I'm not a huge fan of super-heroes, but the X-Men and Spiderman movies are quite good. What about you?
Of course they are... :no:

From all of the superhero movies,the only one that was good was the original batman.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 10 Nov 2006, 18:21

The Spiderman movies have been above average on the whole, but TM always seems like such a putz, making it hard for me to accept him as a Superhero. But maybe that's the point.

As for
Marzhin wrote:Batman Begins is quite good,
Batman Begins was quite good.... until the last 30 minutes, when the "evil mastermind plot" was revealed that was so pathetically stupid from a science standpoint that it took sheer willpower not to turn the movie off in amused disgust.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Nov 2006, 18:23

Batman 1 and 2 (not so much batman and robin and after except batman begins). Spiderman 1 and 2. X-men all 3 the only thing I hated was prof x dying. Hugh Jackman is enough to make a gal consider going straight also. Incredible Hulk was not so incredible, Punisher should have been punished, and Batman and Robin laid an egg. For me the Villians make the movie.

Joker stole the movie as did Catwoman. Mr freeze did a passable job, but just not enough. Mystique and Magneto were fantastic, as was Death Strike and that general guy (though I can not remember his name). Now in no 3 Jean was a bad person for a bit and did a very good job of it, still Magneto was the main man and the guy playing him actually SEEMS like a Magneto. Spiderman was so epic in all of them I think they could have made umpa lumpas the bad guys and still had a good movie. Oh yeah and Posion Ivy just gave people a rash (was I the only one who thought she was hideous? I mean Poison Ivy was supposed to be almost Aphrodite and this was more Medusa..the makeup guys should have been tossed into the river.)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 10 Nov 2006, 18:23

From all movies based on comics that I saw, the only one I enjoyed was "Sin City"

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Nov 2006, 20:17

Absolutely can't wait to see Spiderman 3.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 10 Nov 2006, 20:24

MistWeaver wrote:From all movies based on comics that I saw, the only one I enjoyed was "Sin City"
there was supposed to come Sin City 2, i heard it shortly after the first was released. ive heard nothing about it since, tho.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 10 Nov 2006, 20:29

vhilhu wrote: Sin City 2
It will come out in 2007 (Wikipedia).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Nov 2006, 21:02

Corribus wrote: Batman Begins was quite good.... until the last 30 minutes, when the "evil mastermind plot" was revealed that was so pathetically stupid from a science standpoint that it took sheer willpower not to turn the movie off in amused disgust.
There's no logic like comic book logic. :devil:

The Gubernator had no business playing Mr. Freeze, but i guess it could have turned out worse... ;|

And Peter Parker is supposed to be a bit of a jerk, kinda what got Uncle Ben killed.

Hope they don;t screw up Venoms origin (no cancer cure made from daddy's DNA pls).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Nov 2006, 21:10

Oh man,do I have to laugh now!And hard!Spiderman movie being good?X-men being good?! :loll: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok,look,the reason why the comics(and few of the cartoons)were good is because they never tried to explain the superheroes scientifically,because frankly,you cannot do it in a non-laughable manner.You either do it right,or dont do it at all.The plot I wont even mention,because its all the same cliche.The cenzored violence is also a big grudge point for me.I mean in X-men 3 hundreds of people died,but its ok for minors to watch because they all exploded without a drop of blood :| Hollywood became such a load of mumbojumbo these days.And I wont even go into the shallow personalities and emotional connections.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Nov 2006, 21:19

DaemianLucifer wrote:Spiderman movie being good?X-men being good?! :loll: :rofl: :rofl:
Meh, they were OK. But Sin City was the best comics book movie i saw.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Nov 2006, 04:27

I liked Spiderman, 2 was less so, not sure how 3 will go, loved X-Men, and 2, third one was good but not great, Batman 1&2 were good Batman & Robin was a bit sucky, mostly cause of Freeze and Poison Ivy. I loved the original Superman movies .... haven't seen sin city

and that's a wrap
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Nov 2006, 05:38

Sin City is excellant. Probably the most faithful movie to a comic book out there.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Nov 2006, 07:06

but since I haven't read the cominc book, that might not help me :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 13 Nov 2006, 09:21

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Sin City is excellant. Probably the most faithful movie to a comic book out there.
Funny, that's the very reason I didn't like the movie. I love the comics, but the movie was just the exact same thing on screen. It brought nothing new, nothing to justify a movie adaptation. Just my opinion, of course.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Nov 2006, 13:00

Not everyone already knew the comic.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 14:01

I never knew about the comic, so it was rather helpful for me. It was indeed a good movie.

And, I should add that, most comic book to movie adaptations are done quite well in terms of explination.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Nov 2006, 19:13

Stupid sony.

Anyway: Image

Return to “Campfire”