Seen any good movies lately?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 Oct 2006, 19:20

ThunderTitan wrote:There you go little blue eyes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night
Keep it, I already know what Guy Fawkes Night is... :hoo:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Oct 2006, 19:23

[size=0]
Rest of the lyrics... duh[/size]
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 Oct 2006, 19:25

I have those..just don't remember them...
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Oct 2006, 20:05

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I have those..just don't remember them...
then maybe you shouldn't make ppl think you don't:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Don't know the rest :D
For future reference: there's a dif between know and remember. :devil:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 29 Oct 2006, 20:30

Angelspit wrote:In no particular order, The Shining, Halloween and Halloween H20, The Grudge (I liked the US version better than the original), The Omen, The Exorcist, George Romero's 'Dead' series, The Ring, Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street (featuring Johnny Depp!) and Texas Chainsaw Massacre are all worth an horror fan's time. The sequels (and in some cases remakes) should be avoided.
i havent seen half of these. my bad it seems. but yep, i forgot Shining, that one was just brilliant.

but Romero, didnt he make Resident Evil movies? that doesnt say anything good about him.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Oct 2006, 21:49

vhilhu wrote: but Romero, didnt he make Resident Evil movies? that doesnt say anything good about him.
Why?REI was...It was...Well it had great music.And two great scenes...Kind of :devil:
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 29 Oct 2006, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Oct 2006, 22:23

vhilhu wrote:but Romero, didnt he make Resident Evil movies? that doesnt say anything good about him.
No, he didn't work on that! What kind of blasphemy is this? :canthear:

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 29 Oct 2006, 22:51

Angelspit wrote:
vhilhu wrote:i cant name a single good USA horror movie though.
In no particular order, The Shining, Halloween and Halloween H20, The Grudge (I liked the US version better than the original), The Omen, The Exorcist, George Romero's 'Dead' series, The Ring, Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street (featuring Johnny Depp!) and Texas Chainsaw Massacre are all worth an horror fan's time. The sequels (and in some cases remakes) should be avoided.
I think most of those are kind of bad really. Most of them are (really)campy, not my sort of thing, and do not do anything to try and actually frighten(or horrify) the viewer. There is a very fine line between silliness and horror and I think these films easily fall to the funny side.

If I had to pick some horror films that I thought were good, and American at that, I'd say Blair Witch Project, Alien, The Thing and I guess Halloween. All of them try to create a mood of dread across the landscape of the celluloid. Maybe not as good as they could have, but good enough so I'll give them credit.
Hell has frozen over...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 Oct 2006, 22:57

ThunderTitan wrote:For future reference: there's a dif between know and remember. :devil:
I don't really care :snore:
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Oct 2006, 23:52

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: I don't really care :snore:
I hadn't noticed... :rolleyes:
vilhu wrote:alien was great sci-fi, but imo not scary. fantasy/scifi doesnt seem scary for me because i cant imagine myself in the situation of the protagonist.
Play some AvP. ;) Dark corridors and the motion detector make for one chilling experience. Either that or you can lock yourself in a maze with a rabid dog, that should be close enough. :devil:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Oct 2006, 00:35

Dare I say that I saw "The Devil Wears Prada"? Yes, yes I think I do, was rather amusing really!! Stanley Tucci was brilliant as always

It has been a while since I saw anything else, we managed to get hold of a baby-sitter and have a night off .... WOOHOO
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 30 Oct 2006, 00:37

Uh uh, I would love to see that movie :oex:
Now there's something to do tomorrow :D
- Dragon Age Origins

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 Oct 2006, 06:52

Some more scary movies: Night of the Living Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and Evil Dead.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 30 Oct 2006, 07:07

I personally like Resident Evil. Maybe only because of Mila Jovovich (5th element all I can say is yum). Still I did like the movie. The scream series actually had me on the edge of my seat for the first time in years (not from fright but suspense). Saw I, II (both yawn) were too predictable, and most 'scary' movies are so lame they are laughable any more. There are some exceptions, but not really scary, more interesting. Land of the dead is one. Dawn of the dead remake was just another snore fest.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Oct 2006, 07:19

Mytical wrote:The scream series actually had me on the edge of my seat for the first time in years (not from fright but suspense).
:| :| 8| 8| :lolu: :rofl: :rofl: Scream?Suspense?!! 8| :loll:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 30 Oct 2006, 07:23

Could have been worse, could have said scary movie :D
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Oct 2006, 07:24

let's say I'm glad you didn't :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 30 Oct 2006, 10:51

ThunderTitan wrote: Play some AvP. ;) Dark corridors and the motion detector make for one chilling experience. Either that or you can lock yourself in a maze with a rabid dog, that should be close enough. :devil:
yep, avp was scary but imo alien wasnt(and predator was just pure action), because in avp its like me walking and getting HUGGED by little cute spiders, not some random guy on the screen.

and actually a dog HAS bitten half my face open. it wasnt very horrifing though. i didnt realize clearly what was going on.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Oct 2006, 13:13

vhilhu wrote: yep, avp was scary but imo alien wasnt(and predator was just pure action),
Well that's the beauty of the game, 3 different experiences. The Predator rocked the most.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Oct 2006, 13:39

Nah,alien is the best.Just creep from the ceiling,and when near eat their head of :devious:

Return to “Campfire”