Seen any good movies lately?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Jul 2007, 11:37

I hate those movies where they have realistic shots of people being cut to bits and maimed, just to be gross. Stupid... don't want to watch that sort of thing. Not opposed to violence in movies (or games) as such, like dozens of people being gunned down, or cartoon violence like Braindead and Bad Taste. Just not realistic violence in great detail. Sick people...
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Jul 2007, 12:17

Wait till you see the hostel then...When the film ended i was wondering why I had seen it. There are images there that I don't want in my head.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Jul 2007, 12:26

I felt like that after watching Silent Hill - just because the last part of the movie, when they show the 'leftovers' where the woman is walking on the church. Or when they show the woman being burned alive, her skin boiling, and such. It's a bit weird seeing that.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 05 Jul 2007, 12:29

I watched Silent Hill too. And actually, I didn't fully understand the end of the story. :ill:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Jul 2007, 12:32

In about 2 days i'm gonna watch Die Hard 4.0 Yipy ka ye, or something lke that :P

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Jul 2007, 12:48

I watched Silent Hill too. And actually, I didn't fully understand the end of the story.
It was like they were trapped in the limbo, between life and death, but more like they died in the first accident, remember? The officer also died after falling from the motorcycle. The husband didn't die, so he could go to and fro the city.

And now the demonic girl left Silent Hill because there's nothing else to do there, since all the remaining sinners were finally judged. That's what I got.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 05 Jul 2007, 13:11

I see... so all of those was just something like a dream or whatever you call it.

I liked the ending, its quite bizarre coz, they called the father and said they were going home. Yap, they did come home but they can't see each other. The mother and the child seems to be in the gloomy house, while the father is sitting just in a normal couch in their living room, same house. They sat face to face but they don't see each other.

And about that motorcycle accident, well I started the story halfway, when the mother and the police officer encountered a zombie, I think. I didn't saw that scene.

But, its a nice movie. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Jul 2007, 13:59

Ceres wrote: And about that motorcycle accident, well I started the story halfway, when the mother and the police officer encountered a zombie, I think. I didn't saw that scene.

But, its a nice movie. :)
FYI, the child dreamt about Silent Hill many times, and the mother (actually, the girl is adopted) got curious due the past of the kid and the name Silent Hill. So she decided going there (she kinda had a row with her husband) and she finds this officer in the middle of the way. The officer asks her to be still and then she run away to Silent Hill which is a blocked path, the officer on her heels. But then, out of the blue, another little girl appears on the road and the mother loses control of the car, crashing it.

You just know what happened to the officer because she says she must had felt after seeing blood dripping from her forehead. So, we assume that they "died". :)

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Jul 2007, 16:03

Elvin wrote:Wait till you see the hostel then..
But I won't, now will I. Signs of a decadent society, that sort of thing.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Jul 2007, 17:32

I think that's what it's trying to show. The people who organized that in the movie were trying to appease the human decadence and by all appearances it sold well.
- Metathron

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Jul 2007, 18:08

Actually I just watched the 1993 verison of The Three Musketeers with Kiefer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen. That was fun to watch again.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Jul 2007, 18:21

Yeah that was a good one :) I think it was the first adaptation of the book that I had seen.
- Metathron

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Jul 2007, 18:32

Finally got to see PotC: At World's End the other day. I'm a bit disappointed with it; it wasn't bad, but it wasn't of the same quality as the first one.

Also hoping to see Transformers in a couple weeks, after the crowds die down.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 05 Jul 2007, 20:20

I enjoyed At World's End. It was interesting. While, it may not be as good as the first, it's a lot better than say, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer..

My question is, since when was Silver Surfer associated with F4?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Jul 2007, 20:22

He was seen in one of the old cartoons, geez made in the 80's I think. To be honest I do not know his actual comic book history, I was more a DC comic fan.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 05 Jul 2007, 20:27

Hmm, sounds like I need to wiki this one while I'm at work.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 05 Jul 2007, 20:32

The Mad Dragon wrote:I enjoyed At World's End. It was interesting. While, it may not be as good as the first, it's a lot better than say, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer..

My question is, since when was Silver Surfer associated with F4?
For a long time now. Galactus was introduced to fight the Fantastic Four after all.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 05 Jul 2007, 20:40

Really, hmmm. Always thought silver surfer was with xmen. And was Silver Surfer evil at first?"

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Jul 2007, 20:42

Not evil but he was following orders. Also I think he could not understand morality at first.
- Metathron

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 05 Jul 2007, 20:43

You are thinking of Iceman.

And no, the Silver Surfer was never really evil. He was just acting as a herald for Galactus, scoping out new picnic spots for the big guy. Additionally, Galacus himself is not evil. He just eats to survive. Sucks for all of the spieces caught in his way, but God-like entitties need to eat too.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Return to “Campfire”