Seen any good movies lately?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Jan 2007, 09:26

Snakes on a Plane was a good movie. A bit odd, granted, but it was interesting. I especially liked the 'not gay' flight attendant that everybody thought was gay. I like action (it had a lot of action too), so to me it was good. Granted it won't ever be on my top 20 list of movies, but it was decent. As for crying during independance day, yes I did, and not only when the president gave the speech, but when the piolot sacrificed himself to blow the UFO up. Then again I cry a lot watching movies so I guess that is a bit unusual lol. As for Kevin Smith, not a big fan.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 08 Jan 2007, 09:26

Before the New Year eve I watched "Eragon" at cinema - not too impressing though special effects were really nice.

Few days ago at home I watched a movie called "Jennifer No.8" or so, starring Andy Garcia - it was quite interesting to watch how a good detective is arguing, one can learn a lot from it.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2007, 09:29

Paycheck was an interesting movie.An interesting concept about space and time.Way better than minority report.Gataca was also fine.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jan 2007, 14:48

DaemianLucifer wrote:Paycheck was an interesting movie.
Ben Affleck should never be cast as an action hero.. EVER.
alien(3rd part mostly)
1st and 2nd were better imo. 4 was worse.
Mytical wrote:As for Kevin Smith, not a big fan.
And i'm no longer talking to you... :mad: [size=0] j/k[/size]
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jan 2007, 14:53

Who is Kevin Smith?

Well, I was going to try a new movie about a Diamond or something like that. Action movie. There's also an upcoming one about a Museum. "One day at the museum...a night...a glimpse"...what the - well, cannot remember. :?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Jan 2007, 15:18

Mytical wrote: Independance Day (Maybe the best movie of all time).
8|
(too bad it had one of the dumbest, most illogical plot resolutions ever)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Jan 2007, 15:46

The Interpreter: it was getting late, I was tired and couldn't keep up with the plot. Gave up after half an hour. Nicole is always cute though.

Red Eye: The first half of the movie is good, the actors do a good job (Cillian FTW!), but too bad it ends with the usual "crazy guy chasing the tough chick around the house" thing. I mean, Rachel McAdams is 5' 5", even my cat could kick her butt.

Flight Plan: Jodie Foster carries that other airplane movie on her shoulders during the first 2/3, but once we find out what the plot is all about, things become a bit boring. It's always nice to see Sean Bean again, even though he seems to wonder how he ended up in such a role.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Jan 2007, 16:03

Angelspit wrote:Flight Plan: Jodie Foster carries that other airplane movie on her shoulders during the first 2/3, but once we find out what the plot is all about, things become a bit boring. It's always nice to see Sean Bean again, even though he seems to wonder how he ended up in such a role.
Yeah - I like Sean Bean a lot but his role was just dumb. Kind of like the movie after about the halfway mark. The whole thing just seemed so implausible.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2007, 16:29

Panda Tar wrote:Who is Kevin Smith?
Give me one reason why you should wake up alive tomorrow?Here ignorant panda,behold the greatness of kevin smith:

Silent bob
The star of clercks,mallrats,chasing amy,dogma,jay and silent bob strike back and clercks II.

On another note,I just watched the departed.Thanks for the recomandation,it is great.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 08 Jan 2007, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jan 2007, 16:35

DaemianLucifer wrote: Give me one reason why you should wake up alive tomorrow?Here ignorant panda,behold the greatness of kevin smith:
The question was: Who he is, and not how he looks like. :tongue:

From Stab II or III too?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2007, 16:41

Panda Tar wrote: The question was: Who he is, and not how he looks like. :tongue:
Click the pic,smoky the panda :devil:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Jan 2007, 16:41

Oh Kevin Smith has his moments, but honestly not the hugest fan myself. Clerks bored me to tears. I do enjoy his character most of the time, but not all the time. Don't want to get into how "Jay" is a bit on the boring side also. Now that is not to say Kevin Smith is not decent both as an actor and director, but just that in both categories he is not even in my top 30.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Jan 2007, 16:51

Kevin Smith = Dogma.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jan 2007, 18:35

Mytical wrote:Oh Kevin Smith has his moments, but honestly not the hugest fan myself. Clerks bored me to tears.
Did someone hear something?!

KS actualy made me give a sh1t about a character played by Ben Affleck... he'll forever have my respect for that.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jan 2007, 18:45

Are you also a Kevin S'what lover? :rolleyes:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jan 2007, 20:21

Panda Tar wrote:Are you also a Kevin S'what lover? :rolleyes:
Gayyyy.... nuff said.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 09 Jan 2007, 00:58

Oh well. I guess if Lucy doesn't like my movie critics... he can just BITE ME!

:tonguehands:

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 09 Jan 2007, 02:40

TBS has been running Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2 this week. Tarantino at his best.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jan 2007, 15:36

Caradoc wrote:TBS has been running Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2 this week. Tarantino at his best.
Pulp Fiction was better imo.
ScarlettP wrote:Oh well. I guess if Lucy doesn't like my movie critics... he can just BITE ME!
But then you'd have to get rabies shots for the rest of your life...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jan 2007, 17:08

ScarlettP wrote:Oh well. I guess if Lucy doesn't like my movie critics... he can just BITE ME!

:tonguehands:
You know,that wouldve been an isnult if you were a guy.Since youre not,Im concidering it a nice gift :devil:

Return to “Campfire”