Seen any good movies lately?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 17 Nov 2006, 03:20

borat. nothing else can describe it. just go and see it, dont even give yourself time to think.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Nov 2006, 03:33

the first recommendation from this site, heard much the same from most people - you have anyone leave the cinema in which you watched it?
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Nov 2006, 10:41

Watching it in a cinema?! You're funny stefan.urlus... :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 17 Nov 2006, 15:35

Yea, I wanna go see Borat, but my gf doesn't. I also don't have the money right now....stupid capture card.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Nov 2006, 18:07

The Mad Dragon wrote:Yea, I wanna go see Borat, but my gf doesn't.
So?Go with some friend,or go alone.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 17 Nov 2006, 20:07

But going alone is soooo passe

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Nov 2006, 20:18

If you want to watch a movie,go alone.If you want to chat and critic the movie,go with a friend.And when you go with your gf...Well,you better pick a movie you wont like :devil:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Nov 2006, 01:12

Watching it in a cinema?! You're funny stefan.urlus...
You can just use Stefan if you like .... :)

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 20 Nov 2006, 03:55

What's really fun is to go alone to the first showing on a weekday at a small theater complex. More than likely, you will have the whole place to yourself!
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 20 Nov 2006, 05:09

Caradoc wrote:What's really fun is to go alone to the first showing on a weekday at a small theater complex. More than likely, you will have the whole place to yourself!
Doesn't even need to be a small complex. I went to see _Flushed Away_ at a midday/midweek showing and I think there were 4 people besides me there. This was at a 14 screen theater.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 20 Nov 2006, 05:20

Having the whole place to yourself is pretty sweet but I'd rather see it on opening night. There's just an energy about it that I like.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Nov 2006, 05:36

I think that's true for some movies only OD .... others I would prefer to see alone, or almost so

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 22 Nov 2006, 01:28

Just watched "Running Scared". Good one.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Nov 2006, 02:55

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Having the whole place to yourself is pretty sweet but I'd rather see it on opening night. There's just an energy about it that I like.
Yes,energies oh hundred idiots yapping during the movie,cell phones ringing and such other "interesting" noises.

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 22 Nov 2006, 18:06

Went to see _Happy Feet_ on Monday with my mother-in-law. Really cute movie, and it definately got my feet tapping.

Only problem was that apparently all the schools were taking the entire Thanksgiving Week off, and the place was full of children who hadn't been taught to listen and not talk (or to talk in whispers only) during the movie.

It also had the trailer for Harry 5. :D

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 22 Nov 2006, 20:52

"Beyond Reanimator".
(horror comedy)
(but the horror part is so exaggerated that its more of a comedy. not for weak-nerved people, tho.)

i just watched it an hour ago. its the one most grotesque movie ever (except maybe its prequels "Reanimator" and "Reanimator's Bride", i havent seen them yet, but i sure will try to find them). its funny. its not some crap like Scream and Scary_Movie. i mean its REALLY funny.

everyone who likes Happy_Tree_Friends sort of humor should watch it.

:tsup:

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 22 Nov 2006, 21:05

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Omega_Destroyer wrote:Having the whole place to yourself is pretty sweet but I'd rather see it on opening night. There's just an energy about it that I like.
Yes,energies oh hundred idiots yapping during the movie,cell phones ringing and such other "interesting" noises.
When I went to see Blair Witch Project, I was pretty psyched so I went to the opening. I think every asshole in town was there, yapping on cell phones, yelling at kids, yammering to each other about the jerky cameras. I left and got my money back.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 22 Nov 2006, 21:25

DaemianLucifer wrote: Yes,energies oh hundred idiots yapping during the movie,cell phones ringing and such other "interesting" noises.
Cell phones usually aren't a huge problem and most people don't talk consistently through the movie, so it really doesn't bother me.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Nov 2006, 01:38

i find that kind of thing thoroughly frustating when watching a movie, I like to be there enjoying it, not being disturbed

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Nov 2006, 04:52

Omega_Destroyer wrote: Cell phones usually aren't a huge problem and most people don't talk consistently through the movie, so it really doesn't bother me.
You then are lucky.I remember when I went to watch x-files,those pocket lasers were so popular,the theatre was full of idiot kids that projected spaceships on the screen during the whole projection.During matrix reloaded,there were three very annoying cell phone rings(and a few more not so annoying).Even during the return of the king there was a guy that had his cell ring,even though there were not more than 150 people in the projection room(an exclusive theatre we have with much smaller projection rooms,but much better ones.This one was crammed full).

Return to “Campfire”