What's the weather like?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 16 Oct 2006, 11:09

We've got nothing but haze everyday. Looks like our neighbouring country is still just talking about the problem. When will they every solve this matter. I can't go outdoors, the view from my apartment is very plain, I had to pay $9 to play football in an indoor stadium when I can get it free outside.

HodgePodge, I could really use your help over here. Maybe your constant pressure will get these lazy politicians to do something. How about sending in your finest Gargantuans?

BTW, where is Hodge? Never seen her at the Campfire since Feb 2006. ;|
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 14:07

@Bonzer

Though I am not a senior,my parents are,and the weather here changed as well.But the changes were more drastic in the last five years.The seasons dindnt just shift,but we seem to have lost fall and spring.The summer seems to extend until october,and the winter starts very late(usually mid january),and lasts until april,which is really weird.Also,except for the last summer,we had the hottest summers in a long time these past 5 years,with temperatures above 40 degrees.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Oct 2006, 14:10

DaemianLucifer wrote: Though I am not a senior,my parents are,
They finally made it to the 12th grade?! Are they old correspondents of the Daily Show?! They work in a law firm?! Just calling them senior doesn't really says anything. Now if you added citizens...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 14:22

I thought it was obvious they are citizens considering my location :devil:

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 16 Oct 2006, 16:59

Thx DL, Looks like it could be a global phenonenm phennone
fennon phenomenm :tired: (sh*t) global effect.

BTW where is City17? Somewhere South of City 10 I suppose.

And you two, behave. This is a serious post, even on this board. :disagree:
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 17:05

Its a place formerly known as belgrade,but since the combine took over,the new menagment decided to change the name to something more fitting.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Oct 2006, 17:06

Rained in the switch again. Didn't really notice until i got a call about the net not working.

It's gotten cold and rainy over here. Looks great.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 16 Oct 2006, 17:21

Not raining, but quite dark. Good chance of rain, I think.

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 16 Oct 2006, 17:37

ThunderTitan wrote: It's gotten cold and rainy over here. Looks great.
That's what I call "Heroes" weather!

Just started to get dark here, but it has been another mild, but windy day.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Oct 2006, 00:14

Bonzer .... I have noticed the same here in Australia, back in the 80's (when I was a youngster) the seasons were pretty much where they were supposed to be, it was spring in sept oct and nov, warm to hot with some, but not much, rain - damn hot in december, and january and started to recede a little in feb .... now it is cool into november with rain (still not a great deal) and only gets real hot in Feb and Mar, and lingers into april .... it really has shifted a lot
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Oct 2006, 00:29

The global warming will occur {dramatic pause} the day after tomorrow. :devil:

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 17 Oct 2006, 08:36

stefan.urlus wrote:Bonzer .... I have noticed the same here in Australia, back in the 80's (when I was a youngster) the seasons were pretty much where they were supposed to be, it was spring in sept oct and nov, warm to hot with some, but not much, rain - damn hot in december, and january and started to recede a little in feb .... now it is cool into november with rain (still not a great deal) and only gets real hot in Feb and Mar, and lingers into april .... it really has shifted a lot
Wow, truly global then. Not just my childhood memories. I wonder what has caused it. I know about global warming, but that wouldn't just shift the seasons, it would change their effects.

D'ya think it could be (pause for effect.....)

Aliens?! :rumor:

Or the CIA changing the weather to keep the sand down in the middle east? B-)

@DL - Where global warming occurs depends on whose turn it is for the hole in the sky today. ;|

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 17 Oct 2006, 08:56

Shh I am the one behind the change in climate..it is an effort to change the world so much that they have to make me absolute ruler...oh wait, no on second thought I don't want that. My own private island full of people I want there would be much better. Ok guess it wasn't me behind the weather change...drat.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Oct 2006, 11:52

Gee, I hope there's a spot for me on the island, especially if you let the seasons go truly nutty everywhere else!!! :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Oct 2006, 15:03

Actually,climat shifts are a common thing for our blue little planet.Its just that this may be the first major climat shift that the humanity experiences in person.Also,the magnetic poles are to change soon,so we should expect some major crap when that happens.The global warming may have just sped things a bit,but what happens is nothing out of the ordinary.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Oct 2006, 15:41

DaemianLucifer wrote:Its just that this may be the first major climat shift that the humanity experiences in person.
No it isn't. It's just the first one we're actively contributing to.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Oct 2006, 15:42

Researchers have recently found traces of a massive climate disaster in Antarctica; an amount of water some 100.000 times the Niagara falls melting off the ice into the sea about 12-14 million years ago. So dramatic climate shifts are common on our planet, it's just that we haven't been around very long and dramatic changes worry us.

Should global warming worry us? Yes. Global climate shifts are cause for very big changes in the situation we are used to, so even though the Earth has seen this before, we're in for one helluva ride. A great degree of adapting to the ever changing environment is bound to be necessary, and as the conditions which enabled us to evolve into what we are today change, no doubt so will Man.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Oct 2006, 15:49

ThunderTitan wrote: No it isn't. It's just the first one we're actively contributing to.
That is still to be proven.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Oct 2006, 16:11

DaemianLucifer wrote: That is still to be proven.
Sure, and the US invaded Iraq because of their WMDs. :rolleyes:

Global warming happens coz of the CO2 in the atmosphere. We're putting tons of the stuff in the air.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Oct 2006, 16:19

If I remember correctly,a single volcano erutption puts enough CO2 as we do in a month or so.Sure,we do harm to the enviroment,but I doubt its as meaningfull as people in their superiority like to think.We are just speeding the natural process a bit.

Return to “Campfire”