EnoughT (from H5)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

EnoughT (from H5)

Unread postby Bonzer » 23 Sep 2006, 19:17

(See enought from H5 thread)

An example of how spelling accuracy is not necessary to be understood
(apologies to thise whose english is not their first language)

Theory Of Spelling

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

...Taking cover now as this can be a rought place!
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 23 Sep 2006, 19:23

it still shows the quality and the massive amount of hard work Nival put into the game.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Sep 2006, 19:28

vhilhu wrote:it still shows the quality and the massive amount of hard work Nival put into the game.
It shows that Ubisoft has terrible translators. That doesn't have anything to do with Nival as they are making the game on rusian.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 23 Sep 2006, 19:33

my bad. didnt know that.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Sep 2006, 19:40

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
:)))

yeah... amazing... and I'm not a native English speaker...

they should fix all the tooltips ASAP... because like this it is just plain ridiculous... I think the most embarrasing is for someone whose first language is actually English... because I know how I feel when I read things in my language that are not correct

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Sep 2006, 20:05

okrane wrote: :)))

yeah... amazing... and I'm not a native English speaker...

they should fix all the tooltips ASAP... because like this it is just plain ridiculous... I think the most embarrasing is for someone whose first language is actually English... because I know how I feel when I read things in my language that are not correct
When I read something on my language (Croatian) that is not spelled correct, I just say that it is Serbian and thanks the god that it isn't Slovenian. :P (No offense)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Sep 2006, 21:56

Sauron wrote: When I read something on my language (Croatian) that is not spelled correct, I just say that it is Serbian and thanks the god that it isn't Slovenian. :P (No offense)
Serbian,croatian,bosnian and montenegrian(damn!I cannot beleive we have four languages now that are all actually just different dialects :disagree: )are wery hard to misspell because of their easy writting.English,on the other hand,is easy to make misstakes in.

As for the original article,I think it was already posted here some time before.But it is always funny to reread :D Oh,and,enought still doesnt finish with a letter that it should finish with :tongue:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Sep 2006, 00:20

Sauron wrote: It shows that Ubisoft has terrible translators. That doesn't have anything to do with Nival as they are making the game on rusian.
Wasn't someone complaining about the russian language version a while back?! :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Sep 2006, 04:36

ThunderTitan wrote: Wasn't someone complaining about the russian language version a while back?! :devious:
Indeed.And considering that the pak files are in english(I honestly doubt that they were going to translate those)I dont think that nival wrote any of the texts that appear on maps.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 Sep 2006, 00:11

actually, thats a good point DL, it's "coded" in English, and they can get that right (that's a pretty broad statement there), but the ingame stuff is pretty ordinary (after 3 patches!!!)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 22 Nov 2006, 02:08

Sauron wrote:
vhilhu wrote:it still shows the quality and the massive amount of hard work Nival put into the game.
It shows that Ubisoft has terrible translators. That doesn't have anything to do with Nival as they are making the game on rusian.
I belive Nival creates game in english and UBI does all translations. The reason to think so, is that in russian version text (especially 1.0) is unbelievably HORRIBLE. I swear, that kind of translation can be achieved only using some online websites translator. Yet in that case you would not have misprints at least, but they are still present in the game.

Russian 2.0 (FoH) maybe even worse - many text are not translated at all. And you can meet misprints that change words meaning. Like there is error in manticore description which changes word "poison" to "cannon-ball" so actualy russian manticore attacks with cannon-balls.
The reason .. UBI dont give a sh*t about H5 customers.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Nov 2006, 02:16

Those must be some crazy-a$$ manitcores!!! cannon-balls indeed
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Nov 2006, 02:55

Did they fix the enoughT thing for 1.4?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Nov 2006, 03:00

Yes they did.But dont tell me that youd actually like a new separate thread for the rest of the spelling mistakes instead of using an existing one? :devious:

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 29 Nov 2006, 16:05

The problem here is not translation. They have the right words. The problem is proofreading, a simple quality measure that they ignore.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Return to “Campfire”