RPG OOC comments

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Sep 2006, 11:05

Simple, because they did it out of sight of everybody else. Some people have a difficult time with what they should know and what they can not know. Too many people get hard feelings when somebody makes a successful Pick Pockets roll and there is noway they could know, but they then play as if they did. Anything done out of other characters sight would not be known to other characters. As for learning what they did, did you ask them? If they do something in front of you like saying a persons name they did not know, your character would have every right to say "Wait a minute, how did you know his/her name." or some paraphrase of that. I don't have a problem with people posting what they did/did not do but it is a choice of the players. I will not force them to reveal things they learn/did. Everything your character could know is there, what you do/did with the information is your decision. I am sorry to see you go, but online rpg is a bit harder then face to face. All those who did/found out something it is your call, reveal it or not.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 11:07

Actually,the thing you proposed is how PnP are being played.Everyone hears what others say to GM,but they act like they dont know.But sometimes it is nice to be 1 on 1 with GM,and keep others in dark.With PnP its hard to go to the other room every time.Here,PMing is easy.Makes it more realistic.

As for sunrunner,I have no idea what stefan knows about her either,but judging by his comments if he ever met her in person,it was just a brief theft.

Im sure once the original fuss calms down someone will ask him or me to explain oneself.If not,well I dont feel the need to come out.Although,cause you are dead,you might have a priviledge of talking with me without anyone else seeing you :devious:

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 21 Sep 2006, 11:23

So why spend time and energy phrasing responses which you already have? Why ask Stefan to explain what he has done, when he has typed it already (as in when he sent the PM)? As it is, everything is just a "explain that" situation.

I have not asked anyone how they knew what they did, and I do not intend to ask...it's too wasteful in my opinion.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Sep 2006, 11:27

You are entitled to it as well. Will leave this to the players what they think, but leave it with this warning. If you all prefer the actions be typed out, and anybody acts on knowledge they do not/can not have...there will be no warnings issued. The character will be delt with severly, and quickly. I am all for it, because makes my job a heck of a lot easier then answering a million pms. For the sake of congruency I will post some facts, not who knows them or how they found out. Now, since there is no way any of you all can know this, please don't act on any of the information.

1) Sunrunner is the Daughter of Paladus and somebody named Lastrius (or Lass or Lastriana). She is 1 yr old, but yet full grown (do to being the daughter of a god. She is full elf, despite the fact her mother is full human. She also recieves visions, but her last vision got messed up when you all came with her.

2) Somebody has been employeed to look for Sunrunner. Sorry wont say who.

3) There is a helpful spirit which is helping to find information out, but who only 1 person can see. They don't/cant react with the physical plane, they are just information. Though this could just be a figmant of this persons imagination, so keep that in mind.

4) Nobody, and I mean nobody, not even the spirit knows WHY this has happend...
Last edited by Mytical on 21 Sep 2006, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 11:29

By that logic it seems wastefull asking anyone what they did.Asking someone how he spent the last day is wastefull because he already showed it to some people,even though you werent there.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Sep 2006, 11:37

Stay nice DL :) Banedon is entitled to speak here. Please read my notes above. Doesn't cover who did what or why, but at least answers some questions, even if individual characters can not act on this information unless they had it through other means.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 21 Sep 2006, 11:45

DaemianLucifer wrote:By that logic it seems wastefull asking anyone what they did.Asking someone how he spent the last day is wastefull because he already showed it to some people,even though you werent there.
No, because though he has already showed it to some people, he has not mentioned it / typed it / written it in his diary. What's going right now is like me typing half this post and then saying, "if you want to know the rest, PM me". It's just...wrong from my point of view.

I think that if information can be acquired with no special skills (eg. stealth), then it should definitely be free to everyone. I can't think what it'd be like if we had 10 players and all 10 sent a PM asking, "Mytical, what did so-and-so say"?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 11:51

Ah,but the things I said to mytical in PM werent what I said,but what I did.And the whole point is that you play a role.And you cannot do very successfully that if you get extra knowledge.Also,if there is no dialog between the players,but they just somehow "see" each others actions,it looses on its charm.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Sep 2006, 11:52

Ok break it up please...or take it elsewhere. I have put the information down, left the decision up to all the players with majority ruling, nothing to do here....lets wait till everybody votes please.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Sep 2006, 21:37

Paused until tommorrow morning to allow people to catch up that need to :). Will continue after this time. Please stay seated till the train...I mean story comes to a complete stop, and thank you for choosing this rpg. :)...

Sorry just had to do that once, won't happen again!! Anyhow, time to let others catch up and decide what they are doing.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Sep 2006, 00:31

Well, as stated, I have chosen to share some things, like me meeting the dragon, which was done via PM, i did this as part of my role (thief - was seeing if there was anything cool to loot) - wasn't worth the risk but did get some info from the dragon (not super relevant), and addressed this to the group, end of story, if someone wnats to know what other things i have been up to - ask me
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Sep 2006, 20:17

Crowbar - 5 cp, Shields vary but here is a small sample. Small Shield 1sp, medium shield 5sp, large shield 1gp. But that depends on craftsmanship, material, ect may be higher or lower.

Light Crossbow - 25gp
Heavy Crossbow - 50gp
Bolts 1 score - 1 sp buy 10 score get 1 free Arrows same.
Shortsword - 15g
Short Ash Bow - 10g
Short Yew Bow - 12g 5 sp sturdier but no dmg/range bonuses
Long Ash Bow - 20g
Long Yew Bow - 25g sturdier but no dmg/range bonuses
Handcrafted bow - varies but usualy between 30-35g and is designed for a particular person (length, weight, ect). Some damage bonuses and range but only for individual it is made for.
Dagger - 1gp
Hammer - for building 5 cp, for battle 10g
No magical rings/bracelets, but plenty of nice stuff. You won't find much magic for sell ever in my game, with a few exceptions.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Sep 2006, 21:19

@Sir Titan : 66g (ish) spent, that leaves plenty for a very good sturdy shield. Even if you buy the sturdiest (does not offer any additional bonuses but indeed is a bit harder to destroy or damage) medium shield I will round it off to 67g, leaving you 18g :). Thank you for your patronage. Even if your cha stinks you may want to haggle next time. Most midevil people love to haggle, and never know when you get lucky :). Anyhow, the nearest inn is the Red Lion, common room 5c (5 other beds, share with 4 other people) Private room 1sp, basic ammenities, and Private Suite 5sp (drawn bath, scented candles, ect). Food is extra if you eat here instead of rations. Cheap tho. 5cp gets all the bread you can eat. Beer is 1sp per flagon (but other stuff is higher), for 3sp you can get 3 good meals with a purchase of a room of any kind. This is stuff like venison, wine, rolls, ect and all you can eat each meal.

Nobody ever said staying at inns is cheap :).

Water is free however!!!

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 24 Sep 2006, 00:10

Our party seams a little unorganized. Have we ever determined rendevous points? Who is the high charisma... leader candidate? Whoever it is will have to drag me out of the Iron Girdle when they think its best we move along... :yummy:

I would like to purchase the Light Crossbow and 10 score bolts

But I believe the prices to be a little high so I would engage the seller in conversation about their lives and livelihood, before looking first at the Heavy Crossbow. As I look at the heavy crossbow I let them tell me about the product. I say I could not weild such a weapon with the quickness that the light xbow would allow.

If I can engage a good price for a handcrafted bow I would buy that but if the price is high then settle for the small xbow.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Sep 2006, 04:05

As you are trying to gage how best to proceed, a small fellow pulls you to the side and whispers something to you. "Don't waste your funds here, we have noticed you and think you would do much better dealing with us." then he makes a sign out of the eye sight of everybody, which identifies him as a thief. Most small towns do not posses a thiefs guild, but if there is an organized one they would be able to offer fellow practitioners 'good' deals. You can get a handcrafted bow for the price of 25g by dealing with them..but if you do and want to practice your craft after you'd have to pay a precentage of anything you ...procure...but have access to goods really cheap..if you don't mind them being..preowned.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 24 Sep 2006, 15:57

Mytical wrote:As you are trying to gage how best to proceed, a small fellow pulls you to the side and whispers something to you. "Don't waste your funds here, we have noticed you and think you would do much better dealing with us." then he makes a sign out of the eye sight of everybody, which identifies him as a thief. Most small towns do not posses a thiefs guild, but if there is an organized one they would be able to offer fellow practitioners 'good' deals. You can get a handcrafted bow for the price of 25g by dealing with them..but if you do and want to practice your craft after you'd have to pay a precentage of anything you ...procure...but have access to goods really cheap..if you don't mind them being..preowned.
As a subservant thief I am open to communities of thieves. Though I am also an untrusting soul tortured by tinges of both good and evil so as tradition to the thieves guild I am outwardly accepting and inwardly skeptical. Either way... the bow sounds great and I can easily afford to give up a percentage since I treat it as universal bartering. Still though, I guard my pockets whenever I am in their company.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 Sep 2006, 00:01

You may want to change that a little Myst, cause otherwise the story may continue in here, rather than in the RPG thread (just a mild concern)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 25 Sep 2006, 04:14

Wasn't really relavent to the story :). Anyhow, now that there is action heating up, combat actions should be posted in at least 3's. Or things will quickly get out of hand. Prefer 6 actions but will settle for 3 :). Thanks.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Sep 2006, 04:23

Hah!My intuition strikes again!I posted 3 actions even before I read you here! :proudirule:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 25 Sep 2006, 04:50

LOL you know the Kreights family is a bit unusual. They have a normal black haired male, a red haired female married to a god, a full blooded dwarf as brothers/sisters (wont even mention Sermator). They have a cousin who is 'darkskinned (ie black)', and a elf that looks irish and is named 'Lucky Mcgraw' because he is the luckies elf alive! *giggles*, oh and they run arround with Amy Whitehand a cleric with a paladin like ability.

Return to “Campfire”