A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 22 Dec 2007, 18:54

"Oh, my apologies then. I just hope that no one was referring to me as the Halfling.."

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 23 Dec 2007, 05:37

"Welcome back tMD!"

I look at our newest arrival and add:

"And greetings to you as well. Now, I think we should stop talking and start fighting...lest we get overrun by the masses..."

I trail off and ready myself to take down all of those baddies who manage to get past stefan's traps.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Dec 2007, 05:42

"I'm ready to take down these baddies that threaten us."

I launch my attack towards the nearest enemy.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 23 Dec 2007, 07:53

Dragon's attack flies through the air with all the fury Dwarven monk can muster, squarely hitting the air directly in front of him. If the air particles had feelings, they would most certainly be hurt.

"I see you've perfected your air-fighting techniques since we last met." an unimpressed Onyx say as he walks past the monk and towards the heart of the mound. "Truly a fearsome display. Surely Dhalia will cower before you."

"Glad to see you haven't lost your charm after all this time, Onyx" quips Saphire as she continues the descent.

The sounds of the outside battle reverberate through the burial ground, adding a sense of life to the dusty tomb. From the sounds of it, the Drow are being overrun by the undead. Loud explosions leap from wall to wall, sending light tremors to accompany the heroes.

"Sounds like things are getting worse by the minute out there" Jade states. "We-". As if on cue, a tremendous explosion can be heard outside, sending sound wailing through the mound. The walls shake violently as chunks of rock begin to splinter and crash towards the floor.

"RUN!!!" shouts Onyx as he heads deeper into the mound. Rocks and dirt pour down on the heroes, who barely manage to escape being entombed.

"What do you suppose that was?" asks Sun as she looks behind at the partially blocked passage.

"Fate" Onyx replies cryptically.

After ten minutes of uneasiness, the group comes across an enormous chamber, filled with thousands of coffins of those long forgotten. The chamber glows with an uneartly green, gently illuminating the vastness of the room. A set of stairs leads down to the main part of the chamber, where a large alter sits. Dhalia and a contingent of drow quickly march towards it.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Dec 2007, 08:18

I walk up to Onyx.

"Your sarcasm is not needed nor is it warranted. I am just very anxious to deal away with those that are fighting against us that I became overzealous. Perhaps a prayer will calm my nerves."

I kneel down and begin to chant a hum.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Dec 2007, 12:51

"Let's distract this little extravaganza."
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Dec 2007, 15:19

"Ok people let's intercept them, the ones who cannot fight cover the rest. Can any of our spellcasters create a barrier to delay her?"
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Dec 2007, 16:11

I'm distracted from my prayer by the chatter that is going on. I get up and begin to inquire as to the situation that I have been placed it.

"Can someone tell me exactly what's going on?"

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Dec 2007, 17:53

I turn my head while running to call at the dwarf. "No time for that, stop that priestess!"
- Metathron

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Dec 2007, 19:23

I look towards the Priestess, does she have any guards that I see?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 24 Dec 2007, 06:27

I look at Elvin and say.

"On it!"

I teleport to Dhalia ((now it's for real! :tongue:)) and try to take the knife away, with force if need be.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Dec 2007, 05:43

Eight drow guards cover Dhalia, shifting around, looking for opposition. They are heavily armed and look very experienced.

Onyx's shouting of "wait" is the last thing Fate hears before teleporting next to the the priestess.

"So much for discretion. KILL HER!" shouts Onyx. "SHE MUST BE STOPPED." He starts to chant something as various runes flicker and flare along his body in brilliant blues.

Saphire starts chanting a spell when a heavy spear is hurled by her sister, barely missing Dhalia.

"INSOLENCE! YOU WILL NOT STOP MY GODDESS!!!"" she shouts as her body transforms to that of a large, humanoid-spider. Lightning begins to crackle at the tips of the spider-legs sticking out of her back. She clinches the dagger as she inches closer to the alter.

Her guards notice the advance of Elvin and three heavily glad warriors rush to stem his advance. One of the warriors is instnatly recognized by Ceres, as the Drow soldier Muerrick.

Just then, Fate teleports next to Dhalia. A quick lunge is launched at the spider-avatar, but is dodged at the last second. Dhalia can hardly control her cackling as four spider legs lift up the ranger.

"Aw, are you lonely little ranger?" she says as she draws Fate closer. "Your little friend told me all about your little crush on the goddess. Well, who am I to deny love?" She raises the hand with the knife in it. "You... can JOIN HER!!!"

The cool blade plunges deeply into the heart of the ranger, stripping him of his soul, leaving an empty husk her in spidery-legs.

"COME HEROES! MY BLADE IS THIRSTY!!!"

==============================================

Darkness. Cold, utterly black, darkness is all that lies before you. Strain his eyes as he may, Fate can not make out anything but the empty void that lies before him.

Suddenly, out of the nothing, comes a faint light. The light winds itself closer and closer, and finally manifests itself as a woman.

"Fate? How do you end up in here?" asks Moon. "Dhalia must have killed you... she must be close to the alter..." the goddess says with a faint smile.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Dec 2007, 05:56

"WINTER!!!"

we're in a cave, so I will summon an Earth Elemental, Large, "Someone create a major light in here, we don't want the drow to have a darkness advantage!"
Last edited by asandir on 27 Dec 2007, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 27 Dec 2007, 06:46

"No!" I cry in dread as I gaze at winterfate.

I feel a sudden anger rise inside me. I try to control it so I could think more clearly and act wisely but I failed and I found myself trying to retaliate. I will cast Isaac's Greater Missile Storm on Dhalia.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 27 Dec 2007, 07:35

As I move to support Elvin's advance, I can't help but quip, "And thus ends another meeting of the Martyr's Club. Same time next week everyone!"
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Dec 2007, 19:40

On seeing what happened to fate I attack the three soldiers with redoubled rage. My only desire is to kill Dhalia and I will kill whoever gets in the way.
- Metathron

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 30 Dec 2007, 01:41

With all of my might, I launch a fist of fury attack on Dhalia.

"Come Spider wench. Let's see how well you deal with one such as myself."

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Dec 2007, 03:29

"Why do people continue to go it alone? Death wishes?"

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 30 Dec 2007, 08:52

Noticing that I'm the only one going in, I stop my attack and gather back with the group, WHERE EVER THAT MAY BE.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 30 Dec 2007, 12:51

((ROFLMAO! You seem a bit lost lately :)))
- Metathron

Return to “Campfire”