A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 02 Nov 2007, 16:03

"Yeah, let's just say it involves a lot of spontaneous hair growth-*sniff* Titan your pocket's on fire- and the cold doesn't bother me as much."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 02 Nov 2007, 16:15

"Huh? Oh... It was feeling a bit warm down there... And it did smell funny, too."

I remove the crystal from my pocket, and hold it in view.

"Caratra, why do most of these magical things have to be so... annoying? And why do they have to belong to boring magic users, or on evil things?"

I let out a deep sigh, and toss the crystal.

"Fine. I'll take a bone. Maybe a claw...or something."

That said, I wander over to the dracolich's remains, and search for a good looking bone that could, pretty easily, fit in my cart, and not take up much room.
Last edited by Sir William S Titan on 05 Nov 2007, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 03 Nov 2007, 00:22

As soon as the crystal hits the ground an image appears from it. The image is of Jade and Onyx, both bound and being led into what looks like a mine of some sort. Both look worse for wear. You see their captors appear to be demons of some sort, which makes no sense, but then one approaches the crystal real close and the image winks out.

The king does seem distracted. "Oh, it's nothing. Just my old age catching up to me. Trying times call for the best in all of us. This old man has enough left in him to see this through."

Mitsu goes over to the crystal and tries to pick it up, but drops it. "Ouch! That thing is hot!" she lets it cool down and then picks it up. Putting it with the others she looks at it's previous holder. "I will have to find something nice to trade you for this. As soon as I find something it is yours."

===============================================

The meeting at the chamber is mercifully swift. As is Drow tradition the person responsible for a familie's demise inherits all that they once held. The do seem surprised that an 'outworlder' is capable of doing it, but with your 'suprise' witness, they don't dare argue. You find that indeed the spirit kept it's part of the bargain. You are now the Matriarch of the second most powerful house in the drow society. For as long as you can keep it that is. Just remember if another Drow wants everything you have, they have but to kill one person to gain it. Of course there is the minor detail that it seems as if a diety has chosen you, and for some odd reason is protecting you. Despite that never before has this happened. The spider queen is nortoriously fickle.

She reminds you of your pledge of sacrifices and to gather the Drow for a war. It would be unwise to dally while doing these things. Least she change her mind.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 03 Nov 2007, 00:50

"That is good to hear, your majesty. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hallow the ground outside of gate. I hate to ask this of you, but in order to perfrom the spell, I'm going to need a 1,000 gold's worth of incense and 4,000 gold to offer to Lathander. I'll also need 24 hours to prepare the spell." If I get the King's approval, I'll head back to the gate and begin to Hallow the area, applying a Death Ward for good-aligned creatures to it.

"I'll catch up with you in a bit. I'm going to look for a shield." Topaz says as she heads off to the armory.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Nov 2007, 14:13

The king agrees, apparently there is plenty of treasure that was found in Frostmourn.
The armory is open also (no magical things lying around, but plenty of weapons of all types).

They do have a vast number of +1 weapons, and are willing to share if needed. Arrows of +2 can be gotten also, but only a score(20) max each. Again all of these were found when they arrived at the castle.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 05 Nov 2007, 01:29

I will take the +2 arrows I am allowed and will look around for a bow, magical or not.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Nov 2007, 01:36

"+1 bow for me, 20 +2 arrows too please, and I might just take a magical dagger if you have one, my golden sword stays right here though."

after replenishing, Sun and I will retire for a .... rest, then see what we can do to get prep'ed
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 05 Nov 2007, 01:42

I'm going to pick up a +1 Longsword and a +1 Dagger. Backup purposes. After that I'm gonna go find Saphire and if she's up for it, see if we can get a drink somewhere.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Nov 2007, 12:08

A +1 bastard sword if there is one. otherwise a longsword.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 05 Nov 2007, 12:33

First I will try to get 10 slaves and will bring them to Lolth at the chamber.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Nov 2007, 14:22

Plenty of all kinds of weapons, so whichever you prefer. Just make sure they are for use not to sell hehe.

You arrive at the summoning chamber with the 10 slaves.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 05 Nov 2007, 16:19

I'm a little busy searching for just the right bone, to look back at Mitsu, but I do listen to her.

"Okay. That is fine with...Ha! I found one, Caratra!" I look at Mitsu now , looking a bit puzzled "...And...the one who made that fire wall thing...."

I give up trying to remember Mitsu's name, and focus back on the bone that I found. A claw. Too big now, but I decide to chop the tip off it. I raise my axe in the air, and bring it down, on the claw. I will then, pick up the tip, and check it out.

"What do you think, Caratra, and...Dark Cloth Lady?"

I mumble something to myself, about not coming up with a better name, and having to either learn her actual name, or come up with something better later.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 05 Nov 2007, 18:45

Topaz looks over the shields for a moment before settling on an enchanted large shield. "Too bad the Shiled of the Rose was destroyed..." she mumbles to herself as she heads out of the armory.

"I'll see you guys later. I'm going to grab some food and pelts and then stay with Omega while he performs the spell. You're welcome to join us. Just dress warmly."

That said, she heads off for the kitchen to rustle up some food and then to a trapper for some pelts. Finally, she heads out towards the gates to find the Sunrise Lord.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Nov 2007, 01:33

I pack away my new toys, "Sun, dear, would you mind trying to identify this arrow, or Sapphire with your bardic lore perhaps if Sun has no joy?"

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 06 Nov 2007, 01:37

I offered the slaves to the Spider Queen and bowed before her. I ask her what she wants me to do next.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 06 Nov 2007, 20:48

Sun cast ID, and she can tell you that it deffinately is not a normal +1 item, but tells you it is too powerful for her to tell exactly what it does. All Saphires Lore can come up with is a name. Thuender (spelled exactly that way). She also knows it has a 'brother' arrow. Which she thinks is the one Winter has. It's brothers name is Eaglefeather.

One of the older (peaceful) gods used to use them all the time. Only one of their followers that might still be alive would know more. Unfortunately, there has been no recorded worshipers for a long long time.

"Go to the other houses. Tell them I have spoken to you and want them to gear for war. When the next harvest moon is full, the Drow will march to war. They are to seek out every graveyard, every burial mound, and gain control of the area surrounding it. Destroy any creature, living or dead, that tries to use or destroy a certain item they will find there. It will be about 6' tall and made of a odd black stone. There will be ancient writeing on it that will be near impossible to decipher. These must be protected at all costs until the Winter Equinox at all costs. Then darkness will be permanent over the land, and the Drow shall rule the overworld.
Last edited by Mytical on 07 Nov 2007, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 06 Nov 2007, 21:05

I stand in front of Mitsu for a little while, waiting.

"She doesn't answer, Caratra," I whisper to my right.

I wander off, not waiting any more. I carry the claw tip in hand.

"I think I heard something about an armor place, or something. I wonder if they'd have darts, too!"

I run off, attempting to find the armory, which may, or may not, have my darts.
Signature:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 07 Nov 2007, 02:01

"Thanks Sun and Sapphire, Winter, hang onto that, it may come in very handy indeed ...."

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 07 Nov 2007, 06:10

I go to the other houses and do what has been told to me by the Spider Queen.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 07 Nov 2007, 16:08

You are able to locate your darts and armor (20 +1 darts).

The King comes up to you Stefen and pulls you aside for a second. "Pardon my intrusion, but I wonder if your group might be willing to do me a favor. That voice that came from nothing said something about an ultimate weapon. I want you to invetigate where that dark energy went, and see what is going on with that. We are willing to pay if needed. Your group seems to be a bit...stouter then most of the people that are here, though I value each one. Just tell me what I can do to help with this undertaking."

The other houses quabble ammoung themselves for a bit, but none would dare challenge you right now. They have seen that you are a favored, and only one house could challenge your words. That particular house, however, is all for going to war. They start mobilizing the entire Drow army. The surface world is in for a very very long, dark, and cold night.

Return to “Campfire”