A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 31 Oct 2007, 20:14

I still have a bit of a grim look on my face. I'm gonna grab a nearby soldier. "Go find whatever healers you can and get 'em out here. We've got a lot of wounded people."

After I send the soldier on his way, I mumble to myself, "Another attack could come at any time..."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 31 Oct 2007, 20:25

Seems the little guy did it after all, he sure is a brave one. The crystal should be safe in Titan's hands for now so I go check on Mitsu.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 01 Nov 2007, 00:07

Sadly healers are few now. Some were caught in the dracolich attack (as they were out healing people) and those that survived are in no position to be healing. Of course between the two of them Omega and Topaz can do quite a bit of healing. Not to mention Saphire. She was also affected by the attack however.

Two young healers are trying to get her at least functional between the two of them, and everybody overhears something from them. "Wonder where all that dark stuff from the bodies went to? I know it went north, but what is north. We are in Frostmorn, not much past here but water and ice."

The other, a bit older, replies "You forget something. There is the burial mound up north. The thing controlling all this is a necromancer, they might be trying to bring back Frostmourns greatest warriors or something. Can you imagine facing a horde of those as undead? That bone dragon would seem like a picnic."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 01 Nov 2007, 02:33

"You've survived worse than this. Get up you bum." Topaz says with a weak smile as she slowly helps me up.

"Ungh... You're right" I reply as I look at her dry smile masking the pain fo the attack. "This won't do at all." I cast Mass Healing.

"That's better" I smile as I lean over the halfing. I offer my hand. "That was a valiant effort. Here, let me help you up."

Topaz approaches the two healers attending to Saphire and casts Cure Moderate Wounds on the bar. "What's this about about a burial mound?" she asks of the older healer.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 01 Nov 2007, 03:23

"At the very least, it sounds like another good reason to shore up the defenses around here." I add as I offer Saphire assistance getting to her feet.
"Especially since there's no super golem patrolling the walls anymore."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 01 Nov 2007, 08:21

The older healer answers. "Well, it's not our burial mound, we just came here recently. It was deserted and seemed a great place to recover, especially with that Guardian and all. The records indicate that whoever, or whatever, built this place had a burial mound about a days ride north. Since this castle is rather large, including doors and the furniture that was here before us, we figure that some sort of giants are buried there. Supposedly the keys to the two towers, which we can't get into, resides ammoung whatever is buried there also."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 01 Nov 2007, 12:05

“A fine sleep,” I assume after some moments of evaluation, ”No… this is…the finest.”

I smile – a smile purely created by true happiness, innocence and relief. And despite the darkness that surrounds me, I feel I am being bathed with sunlight. My eyes gleam with hope. The feeling seems to be the last good I could get deep in my heart and I treasure it like the other past moments that I had felt this way.

As I move myself off the bed, my hand unwarily touches the dagger. I am stun for an instant. What went before flashes in my mind. I feel a sudden surge of pain in my chest; my breath halts for a moment. The pain slithers rapidly from my chest to my head, giving a greater pain. My look suddenly changed. My initial thoughts went off quickly.

“Oh, I almost forgot,” I say to myself raising the dagger in front of my face looking wickedly at the essence that it holds as well as the dried blood that stained it.

I smile – a smile this time created by sorrow, guilt and insecurity. My eyes dim with despair. And the darkness consumes me, again.

I get off my bed with haste and equip myself with my armor. The council meeting is starting soon; I must not fail the Spider Queens’ order. I grab the dagger and hold it at my side.

I rush outside my room ignorantly, not bothering for my safety, not even minding if the drow females really died like what the Spider Queen had told; or even the matters about Mistress Dhalia; or even the Spider Queen. All I know is I had orders.

Every step I take towards the said place trembles me. My eyes are sharp, my lips thirst for blood and my heart pounds faster. My hand clutches the dagger even tighter. It’s like, I cannot wait to kill. But deep inside of me, unaware, all I feel is fear.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 01 Nov 2007, 17:51

I take the assist, and rise to my feet.

"A valiant effort? It was just another evil thing that had to be dealt with..."

I dust my cloak off, and make sure all my belongings are with me still. Checking my dart amulet, and crown, in particular.

"...and I was pretty sure I could do it."

After I'm sure I have all my stuff, I stop, and look up.

"Oh. It's you, masked man. ...Well, no longer masked man. You doing better, now that the dead raiser is gone?"
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 01 Nov 2007, 19:40

I smile at the halfing. "That's right. I'm Omega, Sunrise Lord of Lathander." I point to Topaz. "And that woman there, Lady Topaz, is my wife. We are both doing much better now that Taros is gone. Unfortunately, a very high price was paid to see his demise. I don't remember anything that's happened in the last 4 months."

I remove my helmet as I look around the area. "Hmm... I think I could help fortify the city a bit against evil. Please excuse me. I'm going to go get the city's leader permission. I should have enough time..."

With that, I head off to find the king of the city and discuss Hallowing the area around the gate to help ward off some evil.

Meanwhile, Topaz continues to listen to the healers. "Any idea what may be in the towers?" she asks.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Nov 2007, 00:09

I will take a good look after the cloud, to see if I can get any sense of things from the height of the wall, then head down to the group, make sure Sun is alright

"Well that went by in a blur, I hardly recall anything that happened, however, I think there's about to be a real problem ...."
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Nov 2007, 01:57

I look at Omega and rush over to him and Topaz.

"You guys are okay! I thought I would never see you two again!"

I look at both of them in disbelief, without really knowing what else to say.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 02 Nov 2007, 02:04

I stop in midstride as my old companion approaches. "It's good to see you again Fate. What's that on your forehead?" I touch his forehead. "A black sun... looks like it was branded. Hold on a second."

I channel some energy and erase the mark.

"There, back to normal. Now, maybe you can fill me in on what's going on. Where have you guys been? I sent several people out searching for the group, but the trail ended at Shadowdale. And where are Moon, Jade, and Onyx?"

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Nov 2007, 02:07

I look at Omega and fill him in.

As I reach the recent events, I lower my head, placing particular emphasis on:

"...and Ceres drained Moon of her energy and joined the ranks of the Drow...."

I finish the explanation as I look up again.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 02 Nov 2007, 03:01

A stoic expression lies upon my face as I take in the news. "That's sad news indeed. But I find it odd that Moon and Onyx would not have seen through her scheming. Ceres really never struck me as a crafty individual. Perhaps there is more at work here than we realize?"

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Nov 2007, 03:11

"Perhaps there is...but I dare not think about it too much."

I look at Omega.

"I'm glad you and Jasm...er...Topaz, are back with us."

I pat him on the shoulder as I look around for people to heal with my limited healing magics.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 02 Nov 2007, 04:26

"Hey O, if you're working tattoo removal detail, I think Saph had one of those too. I can't remember-does anyone remember who else got the forehead burn?"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Nov 2007, 05:02

"I'm sure I'm okay", I say as I approach my old comrade, "good to see you're not dead yet, friend, it's especially sad to lose a friend who's been with us for so long, don't disappear again, it's been a dog finding you!"
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 02 Nov 2007, 07:46

"I don' plan on it" I say with a smile. "Seems like we've been seperated for an eternity. I had no idea you guys were trapped in Ravenloft and how much slower time passes by there. I still can't believe you guys were gone for two years. But perhaps it's for the best. Two years of chaos really takes a toll on the realms."

I turn to Vlad as he approachs. "Hello again. It's good to see you are still kicking." I pause for a bit as I look over the warrior. Something seems strange. "There's something different about you.... looks like you've been cursed somehow...hmmm..."

I notice Saphire's forehead and place my finger upon it. "Hello Saphire. Hold still." I channel some energy into the mark and erase it. "I'm sorry to hear about Jade. Taros left thousands of corpses in his wake. I'm sorry that I couldn't help stop him sooner. Sadly, I can't raise those Taros killed. Every person he killed with that sycthe marked the person with some dark energy that makes them virtually impossible to raise without divine intervention" I say with a hint of sadness. I'm still not very fond of breaking bad news to people. Feels like I've done it a lot of in the last two years.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 02 Nov 2007, 10:18

The healer thinks for awhile then answers. "Well I'm not really sure what is in the towers. Finnan would have known more, but alas he was lost in the fight. I do remember something about some artifacts, but I think it was a joke. See it mentioned something that the people who once lived here were the children of AO and they had crafted a handful of special magical items. Seems there dad was pretty upset over something, and these artifacts were like a symbol or something. If AO ever decided to return and just chuck the whole world and start over, for whatever reason, if he saw these things he would reconsider or something. Yeah like a bunch of trinkets could change AO's mind. Something about a cloak, a collar, a crown, yada yada. What is probably really in those towers is a bunch of dusty old bottles of wine or something."

The crystal the resides in a certain pocket begins to glow and heat up. More and more heat can be felt from it as time passes. Smoke even starts coming from the poket.

Saphire looks at Omega. "That is just it. I can.. feel her. I don't think she is dead. I can't explain it, because it's a dull thing, not like normal, but she is alive and she is somewhere. I just don't know where. We always know where each other are normally." she seems so sure, and she though she is a bard, she always has had a level shoulder on her.

When you get to the king, Omega, he tells you that you have free reign to do anything you think can help. He seems a bit distracted, and you notice he has his personal healer with him. He points out Bear and says something to the healer. "That one first. The others can help the rest, you are to focus on him first and foremost until he is better, then if you are able you can help the others."
Last edited by Mytical on 03 Nov 2007, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 02 Nov 2007, 15:40

"A collar huh? Interesting. Thanks." Topaz say as she walks off to find Omega.

"Then we shall have to find her." I say warmly as I gather up Topaz and head off to find the king. "First things first. I'm going to try and set up some protective wards outside the gate. Since this is the last bastion of all that is good, it must not fall."

"Thank you your majesty" I say with a slight bow. "Forgive me for being intrusive, but are you feeling ok? As the last leader of Anusia, I know how taxing it can be to command during such dangerous times."

Return to “Campfire”