A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 08 Oct 2007, 04:02

"It looooooks, dirty." Turning my attention to the lack of bodies. "No corpses. Probably 'cause they're busy moaning and groaning about being raised by a necromancer. So, anyone happen to see a sign that points to the temple? I mean, this was supposed to be a religious bunch, right?"
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Oct 2007, 04:13

Anything that may have been of value appears to have been looted or destroyed. But oddities remain. Strange marks are painted on the pieces of rubble.

Saphire walks up to a wall of a dilapidated building. "What do we have here? Hmm..." She studies the mark for a bit.

Sun looks around the area. "Hmmm... doesn't look like they raised everybody. Take a look at this."

A broken skeleton lies next to smaller pieces of rubble, partially burried underneath the awning of a building. Pieces of metal armor lie atop the chest of the skeleton. A gold, sun-shaped amulet hangs from its neck.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Oct 2007, 04:18

I will take a look at the skeleton and it's amulet
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Oct 2007, 04:33

The only parts of the skeleton that aren't buried are its upper chest, left arm, and head. Chainmail armor poorly covers its chest and arm; several puncture wounds and slash marks have warped it. The skull is bashed in, teeth lie around it. The eyes are gone and any cartilidge has been torn away by something.

The amulet's simple in design: a circle with eight wavy triangles, the symbol of Anusion's followers. It appears to be made out of gold and might fetch a decent price.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 08 Oct 2007, 04:35

"Looks like he was one of the lucky ones." I'll keep my eyes open for potential hostiles and other assorted things that could become tactically important.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Oct 2007, 04:45

I'll take the amulet, and keep looking, trying to move towards the temple if there's any easy way to determine where that might be

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Oct 2007, 04:45

"That'd be a really good idea. If I remember correctly, these are demon signs, so we need to be very careful." Saphire says as she reaches out to touch one of the marks, but stops.

"So we should probably stick together and keep quiet. I have no desire to face a de--wait, do you guys here that?" Sun asks as she silently draws a blade.

Saphire looks confused. "Not really."

"Sounds like two are approaching our location. Quick. Find a place to hide." She disappears inside a ruined building. Several large pieces of rubble sit around the area, offering serveral hiding places.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Oct 2007, 04:46

I will try to get to a decent hiding spot

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 08 Oct 2007, 04:49

I'm going to hop behind something, hopefully where I'll still be able to see at least one of my companions.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 08 Oct 2007, 11:17

I too jump behind the rubble keeping my blade sheathed. You never know they may catch a glimmer and I have a feeling it's better not to give away our position.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Oct 2007, 12:18

Mitsu will also find a suitable place to observe undectected. Again she will prepair the pebbles with continual light and the fog pellets. (OoC: yes there is a method to this madness :D)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 08 Oct 2007, 22:07

Not yet back to my cheery, insane, self, I just sit around, staring at the floor of the wagon.

I start mumbling, softly, to myself.

"Miracle that the wagon wasn't destroyed... I would gladly walk in this snow, if they were still here..."

I look over to the others.

"How long until we get to that place?"
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 08 Oct 2007, 22:22

I look at William.

"Beats me. I hope we get there soon though."

I lower my head and start thinking about nothing in particular.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 10 Oct 2007, 00:13

“Huh? So you’re her guard?”. Now I know why Lumaria calls him that. “You know, you two could make a great couple. I like how the two of you interact.”, I tease Muerrick, hoping it won’t produce any drawback. He seems a bit pleasant than Lumaria.

I look at the initiates’ building and observe it for a moment. “Big, indeed… Interesting.”, I glance at Muerrick as I point to the large black building, “I want to go there first.”

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 11 Oct 2007, 01:37

"Should be about another two weeks" says Bear as the wagon plows through the snowy road.

The trek has grown bitterely cold the past week or so. It's so cold even the horses pulling the caravan have furs warpped over them. It's hardly an effective cover though. The winds lashes at the group like an impatient overseer shouting "faster!"

Jade has remained fairly quite the rest of the way, preferring to keep her mouth protected from the frigid blasts. Periodically she pulls out Brock's Cleaver and gazes at the runes. Every so often they flash red, as if crying out in fury at the loss of their master.

"I only hope those spiders try to attack us. I'll rip them apart with my bear hands." Jade's voice says as if possessed by Brock's rage. "They'll die all right. Three times over for Moon, Onyx, and Brock."

The wagon seems to be moving slower than usual. A quick inspection reveals heavy snowfall to be the culprit. Bear continues driving the cart whlie muttering inaudible curses under his breath.

Jade pulls out a whetstone and starts to sharpen the claymore. "Who wants Dhalia?" she asks as stares at the blade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There has got to be a better use for my skills Jack."

"Sorry Dave, but there just aren't a whole lot of jobs that call for hitting on ugly women."

"Whatever" replies Dave as trudges through the rubble, lazily surveying the remains of a clothing shop, oblivious to the presence of Mitsu and the others. His eyes widen as he stumbles upon a scrap of clothing. "Oooo... Look at the quality of this silk! I know a lot of ladies who'd look great in this."

Jack just stops and stares as his fashion-loving colleague. The gangly looking man just nods his head in disgust. "You see what I mean? What kind of self-respecting man gets excited about finding a dress? You know, there's a reason why the boss keeps sending us on wild goose chases."

"It's not my fault you can't apprecaite fashion," says Dave as he pulls out the dress and holds it up to look at. "Just look at this high quality stiching!"

Jack just shakes his head and continues looking over the remains of the city. "How on earth are we supposed to find a book in this rubble? Are there any book stores even left in this pit? If only you could be as obsessed with books as you are with clothes" he sighs. "Why they still think that book is here is beyond me. It was a holy book and you'd think the church would have had it."

"Yeah" repiles Dave. "I'm surprsied Taros and that demon guy didn't find it when they ripped through the place. It's not like anybody was left alive to hide it."

The two still haven't noticed the heroes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Couple? The only thing related to that hag that involves a couple is sticking a couple of daggers into a couple of her kidneys." replies the guard. "But enough of that, let's get you acquainted to your new home."

The two enter the large black building. A fairly large room, decorated with tables, chairs, and benches welcomes the two. Severeal torches illumniate several distrustful faces. About a dozen drow look at Ceres with mild curiosity and disgust. Muerrick quickly picks up on the hostile attitude and walks towards the center of the room.

"Ladies and gentelmen... oh wait, there aren't any here." The room grows silent at the joker. "Now that I have your attention, this is our newest intitiate, Ceres. Now before you raise your noses to look down on the girl, just know she's as devious and black-hearted as you. She's the one who betrayed the goddess Moon and stole her essence, so give her some respect."

A few of the faces looks surprised, while others look away and continue on with what they were doing before the interruption.

"Real friendly lot to deal with. But that's just how we Drow are I suppose. Wouldn't be very good at being evil if were warm and inviting. Now, let's see your room."

Off to a side hallway to the left of the "welcome" room, lies a stairwell which leads to the second floor. Muerrick opens the third door on the left. "And here's where you will be staying until you are summoned. It's quite plain, so I'll understand your disappointment but take what you can get. You are a small fish in a quite a large ocean after all."

The room is, indeed, quite plain. A bed, dressed, table, and chair are the only pieces of furniture. There isn't a window and the only sources of light are four candles hanging from the wall.

"I'll leave you be for now" Muerrick says as he begins to turn away. "Take some time to explore the city if you want. I'll come and find you in three hours."

With that, he heads down the stais into the sea of hostility.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Oct 2007, 02:21

"You guys mind stopping for a sec and telling us what book you may be searching for .... sounds interesting."

After drawing a bead on the lead one of course

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 11 Oct 2007, 02:24

I look at Jade.

"I think I should hold that blade for a while...you're acting kind of odd."

I try to take the claymore from Jade.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 11 Oct 2007, 02:36

I'm going to wait and see how things pan out before I reveal myself.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Oct 2007, 02:44

I'll block their exit quietly, but not reveal myself yet. My weapon will be trained on the one my compatriots is not covering, but I will keep an eye out for others also.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 11 Oct 2007, 02:45

Two weeks. Sound too much to me, but so does anything, at this point. I say nothing, and turn my head straight.

I lower my head when Jade starts talking about the others.

"I get the spider witch," I say, glaring at the floor of the wagon, in response to Jade's query.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Return to “Campfire”