A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 22 Sep 2006, 14:57

ill take the first merchant on my way and insult him so long that he gets mad and throws me with a pyramid. Then i call the guards to throw him into prison :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Sep 2006, 15:15

I'll be asking around for about the town and it's history.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 22 Sep 2006, 15:32

In my line of work I always found the ladies at the tavern or the barkeep to know the latest goings on so I suggest that the party make its way to the town center and if, god willing, there is a tavern, I suggest to make our way in for some old fashioned table talk. We are bound to learn the town makeup, important characters, stores, keeps, history and legend after good long visit to a tavern.

As always... Look, Feel, Smell and Listen... Left, Right, Up, Down, Front and Back...

(OOC: I'm not sure of my stats or equipment. I would hate to assume what I or others have so could we dedicate a post to general party make up and belongings?)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Sep 2006, 16:30

The town, equipment, and all that stuff :).

1st here is everybody's basic equipment.

50' rope
1 months food (iron rations)
flint/tender
backpack
'repair kit' for there various armors/ect and depends on what type that they have.
Some armor (or not if mages :))
a weapon of choice
the misc that the 'slave' wrote about (in there stuff only)
blankets

that is about the size of what equipment you have. Very basic necessities

History of the town is it is 90 years old in about 2 months, and everybody here sort of works together to make the people who's stop here as plesant as possible. One recently has been put in jail, which is unusual, but now a bunch of people are rather upset about that. It is like one extended family. Not once if they help you do they ask for coin, though they take it quick enough if you buy something. A lot of them mention another inn not far from town the Iron Girdle. Though they tell you it is a bit off the beaten path and hard to find. The taverns are friendly places full of gossip. One such gossip is there are a bunch of thugs up north blocking a very needed pass that lets tourist come to the town.

Two days ride south there is a place called the Scar, but they always make it sound like a curse, because it is a tourist competitor. If interested they suggest you find the Caravan, it goes a long way, arround the mentioned thugs, but winds up in Dunbar. Unfortunately the thugs come this time of a year, when the tournament draws all the stronger people to Dunbar, and not much can be done about them right now. They have been getting bolder recently though. Very disciplined, and very well equiped for there type too. The caravan hires people to protect it. Only people of note IN town are the mayor...One Bart Higger..and the town sheriff Matt Shuner. ( the reason all this is so random should be obvious but it is because rumors are random).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 22 Sep 2006, 18:42

Zarvyx desides to go and check out prices for various items. These items are:

Crowbar
All shields
Light and Heavy Crossbow
Set of bolts
Shortsword
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 22 Sep 2006, 19:26

The Iron Girdle sounds like a good stopping point. I'd like to find out more about the imprisoned fellow. I'd also like to find out a little more about the thugs (is our party talented enough to "take" them?). Could Urlis and I get close enough to detect some additional information without being noticed?

Worn - Mask, Cape, Leather (upper/lower torso + boots)
Weapon - Whips
Backpack - Shackles, lock-pick, Candles (wax), flint/tender, Feathers (Aasimar influence), 50' rope, 1 months food (iron rations), repair kit, blankets.

I too would like to broaden my weaponry. My keen eyesight and dexterity make archery an ideal skill and my scouting and dexterity make a dagger a very powerful weapon. What kind of bows could I yeild and are available for purchase in Pyramid's shaddow? Also... any good daggers around? I would guess it's a little to early for rings and bracelets worth mentioning, right?

As always... Look, Feel, Smell and Listen... Left, Right, Up, Down, Front and Back...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 22 Sep 2006, 19:54

i search on the market for hammers then.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Sep 2006, 20:07

Being a merchant town everything is a little ..expensive, but always up for a good barter. As for prices of stuff mentioned look in OOC thread, will have prices for everything there (that is inquired about) if you try to haggle keep in mind it is your charisma that determines success and by how much.

Imprissoned fellow, seems he got in trouble for throwing objects at a customer....

Thugs. Actually as long as you don't try to cross the 'direct' pass it is easy to get close. You find out there are quite a few of them, but most seemed rather..raw. Only a few seem to be of any noticable threat. One that seems to be a caster, a couple of half-giant bruisers, and a very cunning looking large guy that has a Hammer and Sword insignia on his chest. From rumors though they become dangerous in a group, and there are at least 25 of them. You can't really get close enough without being noticed to see exactly how many, and if there are any 'suprises' they have. As is your group could probably take them, but it deffinately would not be easy.

Iron Girdle..this is a semi long one...The Iron Girdle is a bit hard to find, even when you know where to look. You do find it nestled between two trees finally. The place is pretty and well kept, like most of the town, and it has a antique feel about it. Most of the wood looks ..alive. The house seems to be made from the two trees surrounding it, and the trees are very healthy. Yet it has been painted and decorated (the house not the trees). A wreath of holly hangs on the door with a sign "Welcome, please come on in". As you enter you notice there is soft music playing, as if a person is playing a harp, and the lighting is a soft yellow glow. People are walking, sitting, and such but seem to be at leisure. Behind the desk is a young female who could not be more then perhaps thirteen years of age. She is dressed in simple clothes and is busy dusting and other small tasks behind the desk.

You notice two men standing right next to the door as you enter, both with there arms crossed and both seeming to scan the room at regular intervals. They don't move or greet you, but don't impede you either. They look like twins and both are human. Nice sized humans, but not really tall. Look like they have seen more then one day behind a plow or in a forge. There is two beaded intrances on each side and a stair going up right beside the desk. The desk is handcarved, and whoever carved it must have been a master. No wait, it too is connected to the floor, and it too seems...still living.

There are two elegantly dressed females, one human, one elf, who cross the floor laughing at something one must have just said. You notice one has a key, so at least one must be a guest here. They slide up to a open bar like area that has drinks on ice, but seems no server. They pour themselves a drink, but you do not see any coins exchange hands to anybody. They sit on two chairs nearby (fur chairs as all the chairs are) and start chatting. One dwarf is already sitting, nursing a large tankard of ale. He is dressed very wealthy, and you notice a bag beside him. Beside the bag is a nasty looking animal, that may or may not be a dog...but if it is a dog it is huge. Yet the Dwarf seems to pet the animal easily, and it seems to relish his attention. Another person in the room is a tall well dressed man who walks arround asking the people if they need anything. Another two gentlemen seem to be patiently waiting for something, and the dwarf seems to be here to sell something to this place.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 22 Sep 2006, 20:17

After buying things, if I do, I decide to explore the town a bit. First, I decide to check out the tower. At least what surrounds it and maybe admire its structure. Whatever I can learn.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Sep 2006, 20:22

The tower is made of white ivory, and seems to be a little old. It was turned into a prison, but not many in the town really remember why. It was here and abandoned when the town started up. Arround it is what they call 'red row' which has the best bargains, but you take your chances with the merchandise. Can be of magnificant quality, or shabby workmanship. Nobody is allowed in and it is guarded very well. Well you can get in, but most likely the hard way is not the fun way. It is beautiful but the closer you get the more..sadness you start to pick up. Seems to not affect the locals however.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 22 Sep 2006, 21:09

Items bought were:

Crowbar, Heavy Crossbow, 10 score bolts(and the free one), Shortsword, and the best medium shield I could afford with whatever gold I had left

No haggling was done in this proccess.

I now decide to find and inn(first I find is the one I choose) and go inside.
Signature:

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 22 Sep 2006, 21:40

In the Red Lion, I request a private room and the 3 meal deal. After I order these things, I listen to people talk. See what information I get. I also eat one of the three meals, then I head to my room.
Signature:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Sep 2006, 21:59

Any magic shops around?

Oh,and lets chat with our halfgod a bit:"Since we are going to help you,it would be nice to know what strenghts andweaknesses you have.What do you excel at?"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Sep 2006, 22:15

i buy the yew bow (short bow) 30 arrows (33 actually) to compliment my short sword and dagger
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 23 Sep 2006, 02:00

Of strengths and weaknesses "I think because I am just being born, or about to be born, I don't have what few abilities I had. When I had all my gifts I could do a little of everything, and very well. I could fight with the best fighters, memorize anything shown me with magic, stuff like that. I think it was the blood of my father that did that. Now...I can't do any of that...like I forgot everything."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Sep 2006, 02:38

"So,do you think you could relearn any of those now?If I am to cast a spell,do you think you could learn it?"

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 23 Sep 2006, 04:00

Sunrunner replies. "I don't know."

By the way, there is no magic shops, but there is no mages either that you know of. Small towns rarely have mages, and as I have said before, don't look for much magic to be sold :)

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 23 Sep 2006, 05:08

"Time appears to be getting the best of me" I think to myself... as I walk around the city. "Seems like I am randomly popping in and out of time..."

I set off in search of a shield to accompany my mace. Unfortuantely, I'm not a great fighter so any extra protection would help. Plus some armor would be nice. Faith is great, but it can only do so much against a long sword thrusting towards you.

I manage to find a few merchants who carry the equipment and become the proud owner of a medium shield and a set of leather armor. That should keep me alive long enough to do some healing.

I decide to look for a local temple and see what I can learn about local events from the priests. Having no idea where I'm going, I stop and ask a random person where I can find temples in the city.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 23 Sep 2006, 05:15

Temples. Only 2 temples here. One is near the tower, and the other near the city gates. The priests are more then happy to supply you with all the rumors above, plus they believe somebody rich and powerful may be helping the thugs. Most vegabonds don't have such nice equipment, let alone a mage. They have heard rumors that the area surrounding the hideout has special 'watchers' and 'wards' but can't even begin to know what. It would be almost impossible to sneak up on them if this is true.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 23 Sep 2006, 07:12

Attempting to invesitgate the hideout without any talent in stealth would be foolish, so I decide to head to the Red Lion, grab a meal, and get a room for the night.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Return to “Campfire”